Cisco vWLC KVM

Hi all

I would like install the KVM version of the Cisco Wireless Lan Controller (vWLC). I used as much information out of the following guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-1/KVM/b_CUWN8-1-vWLC-Deployment-Guide-using-LinuxKVM.pdf

But it looks like the install script breaks because of the following issue:

umount: /usr/local: not mounted

Any idea?

I'm not sure if I have selected the right options for the VM.

Thanks

blaess

Or if anyone offers a docker container, will be even better  :o

• 10 months later...

Hi all

I would like install the KVM version of the Cisco Wireless Lan Controller (vWLC). I used as much information out of the following guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-1/KVM/b_CUWN8-1-vWLC-Deployment-Guide-using-LinuxKVM.pdf

But it looks like the install script breaks because of the following issue:

umount: /usr/local: not mounted

Any idea?

I'm not sure if I have selected the right options for the VM.

Thanks

blaess

Or if anyone offers a docker container, will be even better  :o

Did you ever get this working i want to do the same thing

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I've been messing around with this for a while. Tried a bunch of different settings, couldn't get Network interfaces working in the VM. Changing Machine from default Q35-2.11 to Q35-2.6 (as with some other linux VMs) seems to fix the issue. Also as WiFivomFranMan mentioned you need 2 interfaces

I've attached the VM Manager settings screenshot. One correction from the screenshot. Network Bridge 1 and 2nd Network Bridge need to be on 2 separate networks.

vwlc-unraid.jpg

Edited by Speeder
  • 9 months later...

Hi folks--

Wondering if anyone has gotten this to work..

I have had luck getting the machine running with AP's connected but only if the management port is is untagged... This doesn't suit my network design.

Have any of you got it working with a management port running in an actual tagged vlan? When ever I put the management in a tagged vlan it become unpingable across the entire network even with a routed SVI set up on the switch. Very strange behavior. All of my trust settings for ports work with a physical 5508 controller.

This is the KVM version of the cisco vWLC 8.3.150.0. My Unraid version is 6.7.0

My interface(s) to the switch are 802.3 ad port channel setup as a trunk

See also

vWLC  (original post)

Thanks for your feedback guys if any of you have got this working. Technically I do have it "working" but its a "workaround" not the designed implementation or behavior.

As noted above you cannot run the file if the interface for the drive is raw... select SATA and you should be good to go.

Best,

rc325

• 8 months later...