Multiple CPU's

ZeroT

I'm looking to build a new box as my current one struggles a lot with plex transcoding.

Before I guy anything does unraid support multiple CPU's?  I have been thinking about getting a Dell T5400 with a pair of Xeon X5450's in it.

I'm looking to build a new box as my current one struggles a lot with plex transcoding.

Before I guy anything does unraid support multiple CPU's?  I have been thinking about getting a Dell T5400 with a pair of Xeon X5450's in it.

I believe so. I have a pair of 6 core chips  (12 cores total) in my system. They show up under the system info screen and in the vm setup screen.

That the site I have been using, my current system is only 1400, it has been fine with my 720p stuff but I've been moving everything over to 1080p and its now struggling.

I also plan to use 3-4 dockers so a little extra speed I'm guessing would be helpful.

A pair of X5450's has a passmark of 7695 which should be plenty for my needs! if I can assure that both CPUs will be used which sounds like they can from kingpin.