[DOCKER] Mythtv

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this setup and Kodi is able to connect to it and see the channels, but when trying to view a channel it just spins and says "mythtv client unavailable". NextPVR works fine on a windows VM. I extended the timeout and it just spins longer. Any suggestions? I can get logs when back at home.

I have this setup and Kodi is able to connect to it and see the channels, but when trying to view a channel it just spins and says "mythtv client unavailable". NextPVR works fine on a windows VM. I extended the timeout and it just spins longer. Any suggestions? I can get logs when back at home.

In the General tab of Myth backend setup, were you sure to set a 4 digit security pin?  I have missed this a few times.  You would also need to set the same pin in the Kodi plugin (default is 0000).

When in doubt, turn on debug logging in the kodi plugin and review the log.

John

disable the pvr client plugin and tv itself in the tv menu of kodi.

reset the pvr database,

reneable the plugin and then reenable the tv.

it if gives warning about no clients are started (or something along those lines) renable mythtv plugin again.

reset the pvr database,

it if gives warning about no clients are started (or something along those lines) renable mythtv plugin again.

• Disabled Live TV
  • Disabled Mythtv Addon
  • Clear Data under TV-Settings
  • Shutdown Kodi
  • Restarted Mythtv Docker
  • Restarted Kodi
  • Enabled Mythtv Addon
  • Enabled Live TV

Kodi imported channel information. When attempting to watch a channel it says "MythTV PVR Client - Channel unavailable"

Can someone give step by step clear setup instructions for this docker using Guacamole, I have the Mythtv docker installed and guacamole , and i can login into guacamole but have no clue in guacamole how to setup, outside of guac just clicking on the myth docker i get the error below , which basically means i need to setup my Myth..

I have also included a Guacamole screen shot , sorry not sure what protocol etc i should be using etc etc ...

regards in advance

myth.PNG.43ee400e3b2b2ea7204ca75b20f4bf66.PNG

guac.PNG.9f41e9054960ca677f13270e662412e2.PNG

reset the pvr database,

• Disabled Live TV
  • Disabled Mythtv Addon
  • Clear Data under TV-Settings
  • Shutdown Kodi
  • Restarted Mythtv Docker
  • Restarted Kodi
  • Enabled Mythtv Addon
  • Enabled Live TV

Kodi imported channel information. When attempting to watch a channel it says "MythTV PVR Client - Channel unavailable"

I think that this error also occurs if you are not able to write to your timeshift location (called LiveTV in the storage directories).

Storage Directories:

Default: /var/lib/mythtv/

LiveTV: /var/lib/mythtv/livetv/

Docker Mappings:

/home/mythtv --> /mnt/cache/docker_configs/myth r,w

/db --> /mnt/cache/docker_configs/myth/db r,w

/var/lib/mythtv --> /mnt/cache/docker_configs/myth/tv r,w

I added a livetv directory as I only had the default completed previously. I tried to change the docker mapping to an array drive instead of the cache drive as well. Still getting the same error.

Storage Directories:

Default: /var/lib/mythtv/

LiveTV: /var/lib/mythtv/livetv/

Docker Mappings:

/home/mythtv --> /mnt/cache/docker_configs/myth r,w

/db --> /mnt/cache/docker_configs/myth/db r,w

/var/lib/mythtv --> /mnt/cache/docker_configs/myth/tv r,w

I added a livetv directory as I only had the default completed previously. I tried to change the docker mapping to an array drive instead of the cache drive as well. Still getting the same error.

could still be an issue with the mythtv plugin in beta2 of isengard.

sparky sent you a PM

read the information under my avatar...

hint-

Inbox is not a support forum, ask in right place

Ok Ill ask again here! - can someone make a screeni of their Guacamole page for me - it just wont connect/error?  - I must be either missing the path / address or? 

guac.PNG.fbddaae71ce9400a70eca4cd4d842a4e.PNG

sparky sent you a PM

hint-

Ok Ill ask again here! - can someone make a screeni of their Guacamole page for me - it just wont connect/error?  - I must be either missing the path / address or?

connection type is RDP and port 3389

sparky sent you a PM

hint-

g7NWoP0.png

sparky sent you a PM

hint-

g7NWoP0.png

Hi John I am using Guacamole from the docker on my unraid - I used your screenie and added my ip and it still wont connect immediate error, I thought ok since i am using the Guac from my unraid maybe it wants the local of 127.0.0.1 and still errors... what the heck!  it would be nice if Guac would give a reason why it cannot connect....

Hi John I am using Guacamole from the docker on my unraid - I used your screenie and added my ip and it still wont connect immediate error, I thought ok since i am using the Guac from my unraid maybe it wants the local of 127.0.0.1 and still errors... what the heck!  it would be nice if Guac would give a reason why it cannot connect....

I was trying to get mythtv up today and couldn't get past this point either, so you're not alone.