[support] limetech's docker repository

On 5/23/2017 at 5:08 PM, eschultz said:

Latest version of Plex has been posted.  Check for updates on the Docker tab and a update should be available for Plex.

Hi Where do we find change log for latest limetech plex docker please? (wanting to make sure it's worth the hassle of upgrading)

Hello - I accidentally broke my Plex somehow and I was wondering if it was possible to restore it instead of recreating it. 

1.) I attempted to create a new path. When I hit apply, it threw an error and then Plex disappeared from running apps.

2.) I checked docker. PlexPy was present, but Plex was not. 

3.) I rebooted the server.

4.) Same as #2 - PlexPy present, Plex is not.

5.) I re-added a Plex docker. I now have a new Plex instance that has nothing set up in it whatsoever. This is probably where I really screwed up.

6.) When I look at the actual appdata share, I have a plexmediaserver folder, and a PlexMediaServer folder. The latter was created at the time as #5, but the former is dated from December and some subfolders are current to about 30 minutes before this happened.

7.) I don't have the CA backup application set up. 

Is there any way to fix this without recreating everything?

Thanks!

-----

Please disregard the above. I've fixed it.

I just changed the docker image config to point to the old config location with the old spelling, and it came back up. All the mounts were broken, so I just recreated the mounts. Still, that only took a few minutes vs many, many hours.  I feel super excited about fixing my own problem for once. 

Now I'm gonna have to get that CA backup utility set up...

Edited by Ouze

Since last weekend I'm having troubles with the video playback on the LimeTechs Plex Media Server..

I've checked the logs and the only 'issue' I could there was the following: 

err: shfs_rmdir: rmdir: path/PlexMediaServer/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Cache/Transcode/Sessions/plex-transcode-.... (39) Directory not empty

Edited by Tha_soh
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking at the current Plex version, I'm seeing Version 1.5.6.3790. 

From what I understand (quite possibly incorrectly) we need to be running something in the 1.7 range to get live TV for IOS devices. I've tried a manual update, I've tried checking for new updates, and I've ever deleted and recreated the container with no change in the version. 

Can someone suggest what I'm missing here? 

limetech's images are all static images.  IE: You have to wait for them to update the container to get the updated application.  And AFAIK, it doesn't support the PlexPass specific beta versions at all.

For something like that, you're going to be better off switching to using linuxserver's version of Plex.

56 minutes ago, Merijeek said:

Which was kind of what I suspected was happening, so I grabbed the linuxserver.io one, set it up and...same version. 

Even used a different config directory. 

Can't stand plex myself, but AFAIK with lsio to utilize anything other than the latest stables, you have to manually specify the actual version you want on the template.  Should be more info in their thread, or post the question there

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed Plexinc's docker and version is 3.7.0, same as my Plex server on my Windows machine. Will it keep current with one another, wait and see. Right now a little easier to manage PlexServer on a Windows box.

Edited by opentoe

Has anyone tried to have two plex servers running locally that are accessed remotedly?  I'm having problems getting the second one to work remotely.  Apparently I need to set the public port to something other than 32400 (which the first server is using).  I've tried to set the public port on the 2nd plex server manually to 32401, but don't see anywhere in the docker plex config where I can set that.  Is there a place to do that?

Thanks in advance!

jeff...

Has anyone tried to have two plex servers running locally that are accessed remotedly?  I'm having problems getting the second one to work remotely.  Apparently I need to set the public port to something other than 32400 (which the first server is using).  I've tried to set the public port on the 2nd plex server manually to 32401, but don't see anywhere in the docker plex config where I can set that.  Is there a place to do that?

Thanks in advance!
jeff...

I don't believe it's possible due to some ports being hardcoded in plex
6 hours ago, jeffreywhunter said:

Thanks in advance!

jeff...

You will need to switch to Bridge mode.  There may also be other ports beyond 32400 that you have to map

Hello NOOB Alert here :D,

I've just installed this docker and I would like to add libraries but not too sure how to do it.

I created user shares "PHOTOS" and "VIDEO" where I store my medias but I can't access those share in Plex when I click add media. My guess is that I in the container settings I should add the appropriate paths but I just want to be sure...

Thank you in advance for your help.

4 hours ago, jonathansayeb said:

I've just installed this docker and I would like to add libraries but not too sure how to do it.

I created user shares "PHOTOS" and "VIDEO" where I store my medias but I can't access those share in Plex when I click add media. My guess is that I in the container settings I should add the appropriate paths but I just want to be sure...

Your guess is right

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, jonathansayeb said:

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, cjgantt said:

I am having updating issues too. When I try to update from the docker page I keep getting this popup. I am quite familiar with docker, but have never attempted to update software from inside a container. 

2017-07-13 18_20_30-Start.png

The user template stored in config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user is corrupted or you deleted them.  (Or the flash dropped offline)   only real recovery is to restore the file is you have a backup of the flash drive.   Barring that you will have to remove the container and then readd it

• 1 month later...
  • Squid unpinned this topic