FileBot containers

touch: cannot touch ‘/var/lib/tomcat7/logs/catalina.out’: No such file or directory
./run: line 8: /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/bin/java: No such file or directory

You're talking about the UI right? I'm not seeing that, at least with the 1.3 base I just updated to. How are you connecting to it? I'm using Microsoft remote desktop. If you're doing the same, try updating to the version I just pushed.

That is a great container, many thanks for that! I have been looking for a while now to make Filebot work with my deluge & Plex containers but yours is brilliant.

There is an issue with subtitles though. When I ask for EN subs, it comes back with a challenge to configure user/password on Opensubtitles:

Get [English] subtitles for 1 files
CmdlineException: OpenSubtitles: Please enter your login details by calling `filebot -script fn:configure`

When I run this command in container, it seems to work (I have obfuscated user and pwd):

root@a8aecc6edce3:/# filebot -script fn:configure
Enter OpenSubtitles username: xxxxxxxx
Enter OpenSubtitles password: yyyyyyy
Testing OpenSubtitles... Oct 27, 2015 7:41:11 PM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$1 run
INFO: Created user preferences directory.
OK
Done ?(??)?

But it still fails to clear that error message and subs are not downloaded.

Could it be that Java is not finding those preferences?

Many thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hey,

I'm having a problem I just can't figure out how to fix...

My uTorrent runs on a MacMini, which I use automator to either extract or copy the .mkv file to my unRAID server into Filebot's /input folder.

But Filebot will sometimes start processing the file before the MacMini has finished extracting or copying the file, thus leading to the resulting file, that has been moved to Plex's folder being corrupt.

Here is the following settings in filebot.conf

SETTLE_DURATION=03:00
MAX_WAIT_TIME=59:00
MIN_PERIOD=00:10

• 1 month later...

Hi

sorry I am a bit new at this lark, but Filbert has been working great for me until today.

Copying files into my input directory and they are seen by Filebot but it is coming up with the following in the logs.

[Jan 04 12:25:23] FileBot: Detected deleted file: WATCHED=/input/ FILE=The Big Bang Theory S01E11.mkv

[Jan 04 12:25:46] FileBot: Input directory stabilized for 10 seconds. Triggering command.

[Jan 04 12:25:46] FileBot: Running command with user ID 99 and group ID 100

[Jan 04 12:25:46] User "user_99_100" already exists. Skipping creation of user and group...

[Jan 04 12:25:46] Running command as user "user_99_100"...

Locking /files/amc.log

Run script [fn:amc] at [Mon Jan 04 12:25:47 GMT 2016]

Parameter: ut_dir = /input

Parameter: ut_kind = multi

Parameter: music = y

Parameter: deleteAfterExtract = y

Parameter: clean = y

Parameter: excludeList = /config/amc-exclude-list.txt

Parameter: movieFormat = Movies/{n.replaceAll(/[\`\u00b4\u2018\u2019\u02bb]/, "'").replaceAll(/[\u201c\u201d]/, '""')} {' CD'+pi}

Parameter: musicFormat = Music/{n.replaceAll(/[\`\u00b4\u2018\u2019\u02bb]/, "'").replaceAll(/[\u201c\u201d]/, '""')}/{album.replaceAll(/[\`\u00b4\u2018\u2019\u02bb]/, "'").replaceAll(/[\u201c\u201d]/, '""')}/{media.TrackPosition.pad(2)} - {t.replaceAll(/[\`\u00b4\u2018\u2019\u02bb]/, "'").replaceAll(/[\u201c\u201d]/, '""')}

Parameter: seriesFormat = TV Shows/{n}/{episode.special ? 'Special' : 'Season '+s.pad(2)}/{n} - {episode.special ? 'S00E'+special.pad(2) : s00e00} - {t.replaceAll(/[\`\u00b4\u2018\u2019\u02bb]/, "'").replaceAll(/[\u201c\u201d]/, '""').replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replacePart(', Part ')}{'.'+lang}

Using excludes: /config/amc-exclude-list.txt (1601)

Failure (°_°)

Why is this failing when it has worked fine before - help please

• 2 weeks later...

I am seeing the same failure message as ikilby:

[Jan 17 16:15:40] Starting FileBot container
[Jan 17 16:15:40] Comparing user's filebot.sh at version 2 versus current version 2
[Jan 17 16:15:40] Running FileBot on startup
[Jan 17 16:15:40] User "user_99_100" already exists. Skipping creation of user and group...
[Jan 17 16:15:40] FileBot: Starting monitor for /files/FileBot.conf
[Jan 17 16:15:40] Running command as user "user_99_100"...
[Jan 17 16:15:40] FileBot: Waiting for changes to /input...
Locking /files/amc.log
Run script [fn:amc] at [sun Jan 17 16:15:42 EST 2016]
Parameter: movieFormat = {n.replaceAll(/[\`\u00b4\u2018\u2019\u02bb]/, "'").replaceAll(/[\u201c\u201d]/, '""')} ({y})/{n.replaceAll(/[\`\u00b4\u2018\u2019\u02bb]/, "'").replaceAll(/[\u201c\u201d]/, '""')} ({y})
Parameter: musicFormat = Music/{n.replaceAll(/[\`\u00b4\u2018\u2019\u02bb]/, "'").replaceAll(/[\u201c\u201d]/, '""')}/{album.replaceAll(/[\`\u00b4\u2018\u2019\u02bb]/, "'").replaceAll(/[\u201c\u201d]/, '""')}/{media.TrackPosition.pad(2)} - {t.replaceAll(/[\`\u00b4\u2018\u2019\u02bb]/, "'").replaceAll(/[\u201c\u201d]/, '""')}
Parameter: seriesFormat = TV Shows/{n}/{episode.special ? 'Special' : 'Season '+s.pad(2)}/{n} - {episode.special ? 'S00E'+special.pad(2) : s00e00} - {t.replaceAll(/[\`\u00b4\u2018\u2019\u02bb]/, "'").replaceAll(/[\u201c\u201d]/, '""').replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replacePart(', Part ')}{'.'+lang}
Using excludes: /config/amc-exclude-list.txt (2)
Failure (°_°)

I have a movie that just finished downloading and it is sitting in my watch folder for the last 10 minutes with no action.  The only way I can get Filebot to rename/move is to restart the container.  I've now seen this behavior twice.

Anyone else having this issue?

John

Where are you expecting it to find those preferences? I think I'll need to update the container to allow you to specify the username and password, and also save it into the config directory on the host. I'll try to get to that soon.

Hi Coppit, did you get a chance to get the open subtitles username/password committed to the container?

I am seeing the same failure message as ikilby:

[Jan 17 16:15:40] Starting FileBot container
[Jan 17 16:15:40] Comparing user's filebot.sh at version 2 versus current version 2
[Jan 17 16:15:40] Running FileBot on startup
[Jan 17 16:15:40] User "user_99_100" already exists. Skipping creation of user and group...
[Jan 17 16:15:40] FileBot: Starting monitor for /files/FileBot.conf
[Jan 17 16:15:40] Running command as user "user_99_100"...
[Jan 17 16:15:40] FileBot: Waiting for changes to /input...
Locking /files/amc.log
Run script [fn:amc] at [sun Jan 17 16:15:42 EST 2016]
Parameter: movieFormat = {n.replaceAll(/[\`\u00b4\u2018\u2019\u02bb]/, "'").replaceAll(/[\u201c\u201d]/, '""')} ({y})/{n.replaceAll(/[\`\u00b4\u2018\u2019\u02bb]/, "'").replaceAll(/[\u201c\u201d]/, '""')} ({y})
Failure (°_°)

I have a movie that just finished downloading and it is sitting in my watch folder for the last 10 minutes with no action.  The only way I can get Filebot to rename/move is to restart the container.  I've now seen this behavior twice.

Anyone else having this issue?

John

Some more info...

If Deluge or Sab move a completed movie to the watch folder, Filebot is not taking action.  However, on my WN10 laptop if I right click in the watch folder and create a new folder, Filebot jumps to life and processes the movie that was sitting there waiting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I have been using filebot for ages, but it was installed on my torrent machine.

It worked well but due to having to use an old version of utorrent (tracker issues) utorrent would not call filebot properly.

(copy the logger line into CMD window, poof, it works)

So i was very happy to see the docker, thanks heaps!

except it doesnt work for me :-(

so it installed correctly, and one i started the docker i saw it run through the list of files (my "completed torrents" folder and exclude everything in there. I assume that this is a standard thing so it doesnt go and re-'filebot' everything in the folder. Clever if this is its intended purpose.

But:

that's all it does, then is just sits there.

i downloaded a new torrent and it got moved by Utorrent to "completed torrents" and filebot is just siting there, not even seeing the file.

there has to be a time period that it sleeps waiting for new content to appear in the directory, or is this a know issues and i have Noobed something?

Thanks for the docker!

--- snip ----

[Feb 21 14:11:59] Starting FileBot container

[Feb 21 14:11:59] Comparing user's filebot.sh at version 2 versus current version 2

[Feb 21 14:11:59] Running FileBot on startup

[Feb 21 14:11:59] User "user_99_100" already exists. Skipping creation of user and group...

[Feb 21 14:11:59] Running command as user "user_99_100"...

[Feb 21 14:11:59] FileBot: Starting monitor for /files/FileBot.conf

[Feb 21 14:11:59] FileBot: Waiting for changes to /input...

Locking /files/amc.log

Run script [fn:amc] at [sun Feb 21 14:12:06 AEDT 2016]

((((( heaps of other lines etc )))))))

Read archive [pfa-gda.s03e06.rar] and extract to [/input/Grand.Designs.Australia.S03E06.DVDRip.x264-PFa/pfa-gda.s03e06/Grand.Designs.Australia.S03E06.DVDRip.x264-PFa]

Skipped extracting files [/input/Grand.Designs.Australia.S03E06.DVDRip.x264-PFa/pfa-gda.s03e06/Grand.Designs.Australia.S03E06.DVDRip.x264-PFa/pfa-gda.s03e06.mkv]

Read archive [pfa-gd.s05e02.rar] and extract to [/input/Grand.Designs.Australia.S05E02.DVDRip.x264-PFa/pfa-gd.s05e02/Grand.Designs.Australia.S05E02.DVDRip.x264-PFa]

Skipped extracting files [/input/Grand.Designs.Australia.S05E02.DVDRip.x264-PFa/pfa-gd.s05e02/Grand.Designs.Australia.S05E02.DVDRip.x264-PFa/pfa-gd.s05e02.mkv]

Read archive [pfa-gda.s04e06.rar] and extract to [/input/Grand.Designs.Australia.S04E06.DVDRip.x264-PFa/pfa-gda.s04e06/Grand.Designs.Australia.S04E06.DVDRip.x264-PFa]

Skipped extracting files [/input/Grand.Designs.Australia.S04E06.DVDRip.x264-PFa/pfa-gda.s04e06/Grand.Designs.Australia.S04E06.DVDRip.x264-PFa/pfa-gda.s04e06.mkv]

No files selected for processing

Failure (°_°)

----- end snip -----

then from torrent machine times

[2016-02-21 14:16:53]  Moving files from 'T:\New downloads\The.100.S03E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS' to 'T:\Completed torrents\The.100.S03E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS'

so an update, i logged into my unraid remotly and filebot has processed the files i downloaded.

so it sems there is a delay in when it checks for new material to cleanup /extract.

now i just have to figure out if the log saying it deleted the input file is true and if so how to stop it from doing that.

i am sure that it will be a smple thing , ok i hope it will be a simple thing.

Hi Coppit, did you get a chance to get the open subtitles username/password committed to the container?

Yep. I just pushed a change. You'll need to add OpenSubtitles credentials and your preferred language to the config file. Update the container, run it, then compare filebot.conf against filebot.conf.new, and filebot.sh against filebot.sh.new.

But Filebot will sometimes start processing the file before the MacMini has finished extracting or copying the file, thus leading to the resulting file, that has been moved to Plex's folder being corrupt.

Here is the following settings in filebot.conf

SETTLE_DURATION=03:00
MAX_WAIT_TIME=59:00
MIN_PERIOD=00:10

So you're telling the container to wait 3 minutes after the last event before running filebot? But you're also wanting filebot to try to run in 10 seconds? That's odd. Typically MIN_PERIOD would be more than SETTLE_DURATION. :)

Is there any way that your Mac Mini is taking longer than 3 minutes to finish working on the files? One thing I can imagine is that the file is opened, and the container sees that event, but it doesn't see the writes that happen. So it doesn't know that there's still activity going on.

I tried running "lsof" to see if we can detect that something outside the container has the file open still, but unfortunately it doesn't see it.

As long as there is any duration in the creation of the file, there is going to be a risk that FileBot attempts to process the file. I recommend doing the unpacking in a separate directory, then do an atomic move of the files into the FileBot input directory.

You can look for messages like this in the log to see why FileBot was run:

Input directory didn't stabilize after $MAX_WAIT_TIME seconds. Triggering command anyway.

Input directory stabilized for $SETTLE_DURATION seconds. Triggering command.

Waiting an additional $remaining_time seconds before running command

If you set DEBUG=1 in the config file, the monitor will dump a lot of information about the events that are detected. That would confirm my theory that it detects the opening of the file for writing, but not all the writes.

Failure (°_°)[/code]

Unfortunately the UNRAID GUI doesn't capture the STDERR of docker logs. Can you guys log into your server and run:

docker logs FileBot

?

For example, if FileBot has already run and processed some files, it will say:

Using excludes: /config/amc-exclude-list.txt (4725)
No files selected for processing
Failure (°_°)

If you check the amc-exclude-list.txt, you would see the files there.

I have a movie that just finished downloading and it is sitting in my watch folder for the last 10 minutes with no action. 

Did you mess with the settings in filebot.conf? Here are the defaults:

SETTLE_DURATION=10

MAX_WAIT_TIME=01:00

MIN_PERIOD=05:00

Note that the MIN_PERIOD is 5 minutes, meaning that FileBot will at most run once every 5 minutes.

so it installed correctly, and one i started the docker i saw it run through the list of files (my "completed torrents" folder and exclude everything in there. I assume that this is a standard thing so it doesnt go and re-'filebot' everything in the folder. Clever if this is its intended purpose.

No, it doesn't exclude everything. I *processes* everything. As part of that work, it excludes the files it has processed. Are you sure you configured your output directory properly? It's writable? If you don't see any files there, log into your server, run a command to log into the container and look into its /output dir:

docker exec -it FileBot bash
ls /output

If the container's /output has files, but outside of the container there are no files, then you've misconfigured the output dir.

there has to be a time period that it sleeps waiting for new content to appear in the directory, or is this a know issues and i have Noobed something?

Correct. It waits a bit for the directory to stabilize before it runs. See the docs. https://hub.docker.com/r/coppit/filebot/

Within a few minutes it will run. Most likely it did eventually run, but if your output dir was not set right, you might not notice.