Can't view new share folder in MAC Finder

Hi I have an UnRaid Ver5.0-rc15a with one 3TB parity drive and one 3TB storeage drive.

I am trying to create a new share folder so I can reduce the size of of another active folder.

Going through the web browser I can create a new folder and can view it through Gui.

My problem is I can't see it on MAC finder page. I can see all the other folders on my UnRaid but not this new folder.

I log in to the UnRaid as a "guest" and on Gui the only USER is "root" if I try to log in as root I don't know what the password is.

I have tried dragging the new folder over in MAC finder but it ssays I have to be logged in as an administrator, how do I do that.

Thanks you for your help!

Cheers

Derek

Hi I have an UnRaid Ver5.0-rc15a with one 3TB parity drive and one 3TB storeage drive.

I am trying to create a new share folder so I can reduce the size of of another active folder.

Going through the web browser I can create a new folder and can view it through Gui.

My problem is I can't see it on MAC finder page. I can see all the other folders on my UnRaid but not this new folder.

I log in to the UnRaid as a "guest" and on Gui the only USER is "root" if I try to log in as root I don't know what the password is.

I have tried dragging the new folder over in MAC finder but it ssays I have to be logged in as an administrator, how do I do that.

Thanks you for your help!

Cheers

Derek

How have  you configured the security settings for the share? Post a screenshot of the page for the new share.

Don't know what you mean by dragging the new folder. From the webGUI? No that wouldn't work.

Also, the root user has no network access to shares

... I meant drag folders between to Mac Finder windows, not on Gui (my mistake in not making it clear)

This isn't any clearer. Maybe a typo? Did you mean "between 2 Mac"?

If you're using AFP then you have it set to not export under that protocol.

No just on one MAC. I opened to Finder windows.

I've tried changing the Export setting to YES but when I click apply it just resorts back to NO

Is this the same typo as before? Do you actually mean "I opened TWO (2) Finder windows"? Sorry I know English is not everyone's first language. Just trying to make sure I am not misunderstanding what you are saying.

Post a syslog. See v5 help in my sig.

I find I have regular issues with finder. I have solved issues the following ways ....

Sort folder by name or similar. - for some reason new folders are there but are not visible. But when you sort them suddenly they appear. Almost like they are there but behind another folder or outside the windowed view.

Kill finder and restart it. I do this regularly. If you don't want to kill finder - reboot. Does the same.

Give it a go.

Hi

I tried using your lik to get the syslog in the browser but the address dosen't work and in the console I can't see where to type the promp, sorry.

I'm using Mac OSx

You mean the v5: link in my sig? Don't know what your problem is with that. Works fine for me. It goes to a sticky in the v5 General Support subforum. Go look for it. Being able to post a syslog is often required for getting any support.

Hi Trutl

I think the main problem is, as per the screen shot I posted earlier, on the security settings, the "export" is set to NO but I can't get it to change to YES.

Any idea what the problem is there?

See my Reply #11. Waiting for syslog

Hi

Yes and as I mentioned clicking on the link and following the instruction 1 to put //tower/log/syslog in the web bar doesn't work and when I go through the console, I couldn't see where to type cp /var/log/syslog /boot/syslog.txt within the console

Hi

Yes and as I mentioned clicking on the link and following the instruction 1 to put //tower/log/syslog in the web bar doesn't work and when I go through the console, I couldn't see where to type cp /var/log/syslog /boot/syslog.txt within the console

Post a screenshot of Main