[Plug-In] Community Applications

Updated to 2015.06.08

Hopefully another useful update.

Added in support for the <Date> tag as described here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40111.msg381735#msg381735, and expanded the settings section.

The plugin now has the ability to show new / updated applications.  Basically, if the template author adds in the <Date> tag when they create a new application, or update the date when they add features, changes, etc then Community Applications will flag the application with a width=20http://pngimg.com/upload/star_PNG1580.png[/img].  In conjunction with this there is also a new "category" called new / updated which will only display those applications which are new or updated.

The settings section has also now been expanded (and is also now dynamix compliant)

Local server caching:  This option set whether the plugin will try and pre-download all the icons, or just let your browser handle everything.  If you have trouble with the icons displaying correctly, set it to disabled.

Update reminder time:  This setting sets the time period when you will be issued the friendly reminder (at bottom of the lists) to update the application lists.

Time to display applications as new / updated:  This setting sets the time period that a new / updated application will be displayed as a new/updated application.

Note: After installing this update, you should Update the applications to bring in the latest information from the templates.

Thanks to gfjardim, we're now at 94.5% categorized. 

There's only a couple of stragglers from various authors (which were probably missed either by themselves or by myself when I issued pull requests), and Zuhkov / iancole whom I don't believe are that active around here anymore.

Probably what I'll do is give it a bit more time and then if still nothing else happens will fork those remaining templates into a repo of mine just to categorize them.

But in the meantime, hats off to all the authors for taking the time to help out the community with the categorization.

Updated to 2015.06.14

Added a user selected view mode (Icon Mode ->  Original display is now referred to as Table Mode)

This display mode is a little bit easier to work with, and is more "mobile" friendly than table mode.  (For example, displaying the entire application list on my Nexus 7 (original) would crash Chrome).

There are a couple of new entries in the plugin settings section:

View Mode -> selects whether to use the new Icon Mode or Table Mode (defaults to Table Mode)

Number Of Columns -> Selects how many columns of icons to display.  Defaults to 5 which works great from a desktop browser, but when I use it from my tablet, I set it to to 4 to account for the slightly different rendering.

Using the system in Icon mode is also slightly different.

In table mode, to add a container or edit an existing container you would hit the icon or the wrench

In icon mode, there will be two buttons displayed Add (or Default) and Edit.

To bring up the description of the application, you will now hit the icon, which will display a pop up window.

Everything else should be more or less the same.

Untitled_zpsgl3yashf.png

Well done.

Suggestion: make the description a popup while hovering over the image, similar to what is done for status icons.

Thought about that, started doing it, then remembered that you can't hover over anything on a mobile device.  Hence the pop up.

Well done.

Suggestion: make the description a popup while hovering over the image, similar to what is done for status icons.

Thought about that, started doing it, then remembered that you can't hover over anything on a mobile device.  Hence the pop up.

On long term we can think of a desktop and mobile version (with automatic detection). It is something I am looking into for Dynamix.

Well done.

On long term we can think of a desktop and mobile version (with automatic detection). It is something I am looking into for Dynamix.

It wasn't actually designed for mobile, but instead as a simpler interface much more akin to an actual appstore.  But because there is no real way to display the description / overview section within the basic layout (although now that the framework exists, I still have some plans to play around some more), it had to be either a pop up or a hover.  And since a hover would preclude users who use their tablets to manage their servers whilst their wives are making them watch a chick flick, I elected to go with the pop up.

Still some more work to do (optimizations, further clean up of code, expansion of the information displayed with the description, add the help text for icon mode, etc), and then will revisit the actual display. 

Well done.

Can you switch to "finger clicky" cursor when over the icon/image if there is a popup available? I found it entirely by accident. ;)

Well done.

Can you switch to "finger clicky" cursor when over the icon/image if there is a popup available? I found it entirely by accident. ;)

URL or reference ?

Well done.

Should be fixed in 14a.  My bad... I know its there so I don't even think about it (it also wasn't showing on the information icon either)

Also as an aside starting with 14, every update to the plugin now also forces the system to update the applications to ensure that any changes which the update requires are there.

Just had a thought, there may not be much of a use for it, but what about a filter for containers that are currently installed / not installed?

What would you do with a filter?  You can already see which ones are downloaded (they have the edit button or a wrench)  To manage them (start / stop) you would use the containers tab.

Just had a thought, there may not be much of a use for it, but what about a filter for containers that are currently installed / not installed?

What would you do with a filter?  You can already see which ones are downloaded (they have the edit button or a wrench)  To manage them (start / stop) you would use the containers tab.

Well if you have a lot of dockers installed it would remove those you already have from the list.  But yeah, was just a thought...

Well if you have a lot of dockers installed it would remove those you already have from the list.  But yeah, was just a thought...

Ok...  i can add a setting for that.  Won't cost any cpu cycles.  Have an update when i get home from work anyways (system not flagging apps within beta repositories correctly)

Hi, I recently found out about this plugin, great work!

My issue is that none of the Plex servers are working for me.  Lime-Technologies' gives me an error that I don't have access to the server.

Others don't even load up the webGui...  Any ideas/thoughts or suggestions of which one I should use that works?

My issue is that none of the Plex servers are working for me.  Lime-Technologies' gives me an error that I don't have access to the server.

Others don't even load up the webGui...  Any ideas/thoughts or suggestions of which one I should use that works?

Not sure about LT's app or binhex's, but gfjardim/needos will automatically update plex to the latest version when it starts up which means it might take a bit while its downloading.

FWIW I use gfjardim / needo

And thank you...

Ok...  i can add a setting for that.  Won't cost any cpu cycles.  Have an update when i get home from work anyways (system not flagging apps within beta repositories correctly)

Thought about that filter (not displaying installed apps) and decided against it.  Would be confusing for some users as to why the count of applications are different from one user to another.  The plugin already differentiates between installed and not installed, so unless I hear more requests for that filter, I'm going to leave well enough alone

Thought about that filter (not displaying installed apps) and decided against it.  Would be confusing for some users as to why the count of applications are different from one user to another.  The plugin already differentiates between installed and not installed, so unless I hear more requests for that filter, I'm going to leave well enough alone

What?! But that's my idea!!  :P

No problems buddy, I'm not really fussed it was just the musings of a madman  ;)

Not sure about LT's app or binhex's, but gfjardim/needos will automatically update plex to the latest version when it starts up which means it might take a bit while its downloading.

FWIW I use gfjardim / needo

And thank you...

This is the one I use also. If you click on the icon and select Logs instead of WebUI you can watch the progress as it installs. When the log quits updating it is probably ready.