[Plug-In] Community Applications

5 hours ago, Squid said:

Console logs aren’t something I particularly look at unless I have an issue.   Will look at it and confirm / fix for next rev

Thanks, I was just wondering if I got exposed to some XSS attacks. I'm behind an external firewall but can't 100% trust the local network.

13 minutes ago, Ritzer said:

Thanks, I was just wondering if I got exposed to some XSS attacks. I'm behind an external firewall but can't 100% trust the local network.

If its the port thing being logged, it is standard CA logging and expected to be there (CA checks on every installation if the default ports of a new app conflict with something already installed and let's the user know that they have to adjust)

• Thanks 1

plugin: updating: community.applications.plg Executing hook script: pre_plugin_checks Cleaning Up Old Versions Fixing pinned apps Setting up cron for background notifications plugin: downloading: community.applications-2024.02.07-x86_64-1.txz ... plugin: community.applications-2024.02.07-x86_64-1.txz download failure: Generic error Executing hook script: gui_search_post_hook.sh Executing hook script: post_plugin_checks

On 2/9/2024 at 12:23 AM, cltitus said:

plugin: updating: community.applications.plg Executing hook script: pre_plugin_checks Cleaning Up Old Versions Fixing pinned apps Setting up cron for background notifications plugin: downloading: community.applications-2024.02.07-x86_64-1.txz ... plugin: community.applications-2024.02.07-x86_64-1.txz download failure: Generic error Executing hook script: gui_search_post_hook.sh Executing hook script: post_plugin_checks

Impossible to say without your diagnostics.

• 2 weeks later...

A new Message on my 6.12.8 Servers:

Event: Fix Common Problems
Subject: Warnings have been found with your server.
Description: Investigate at Settings / User Utilities / Fix Common Problems
Importance: warning

* The plugin appdata.backup.plg is not known to Community Applications and is possibly incompatible with your server 
* The plugin folder.view.plg is not known to Community Applications and is possibly incompatible with your server 
* The plugin nut-dw.plg is not known to Community Applications and is possibly incompatible with your server 
* The plugin usb_manager.plg is not known to Community Applications and is possibly incompatible with your server 

Any changes in CA that this triggered?

Edited by Revan335
1 hour ago, dopeytree said:

Would anyone like an AI category? There's quite a collection now be nice to have them under the one label?

Done.  As soon as I get maintainers to adjust the templates it'll show in CA as a new Category

Hm, I experienced an odd behavior. Not sure what it was as it didn't provide any info/errors in the logs I could retrieve. The pages just stopped loading and Unraid was blank after the menu. It has happened a few times occasionally, but disappeared by itself somehow. Today I just tried to manually delete one plugin after the other, and once I manually deleted "community.applications" from "/usr/local/emhttp/plugins" Unraid webpages worked again.

I can't reproduce the problem as deleting the plugin (after the manual deletion), and reinstalling it solved the problem. Maybe a database glitch or some other background updates?

If this happens again, where can I fetch the log manually? I can only access the server via the terminal.

19 minutes ago, FlamongOle said:

If this happens again, where can I fetch the log manually? I can only access the server via the terminal.

Highly unlikely its CA.  But if it ever happens again, delete /config/plugins/community.applications/community.applications.cfg from the flash drive and then try another page without rebooting or deleting anything else will tell you if it was CA itself

• Thanks 1

At the time, you weren't able to connect to GitHub for the primary source of the application feed, so CA automatically switch to its backup feed to carry on.

Try it again in a bit or alternatively give your server static DNS addresses (208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220)

• Like 1

So I'm going to assume me accidentally updating the plugin to what seems like a future April release without realizing it is related to your comment above?

I removed and reinstalled the plugin and am on the 2024.03.02 version now, but am running into the attached issue whenever I try to install any docker container.

I've been doing a lot of other tinkering so this could be unrelated, but thought I'd ask for help either way!

Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 16-29-42 vserv_Apps.png

8 minutes ago, AlphaVortex said:

I removed and reinstalled the plugin and am on the 2024.03.02 version now, but am running into the attached issue whenever I try to install any docker container.

Update should be available for this in ~5 minutes.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Great addition to Unraid. Night and day from where it was when I was first using Unraid.

A bit of feedback I'd like to see. Over the past year since an update, there is now the HTML `<div class="spinnerBackground" style="display: block;"></div>` just after page load until Recently Added has finished loading. This prevents from selecting other Unraid tabs (e.g. selecting another tab instead of waiting for the load to complete, jump straight to Pinned Apps, or start searching for an app I'm looking for).

Please either change the block to `none` on page load, or specify the area to that of just the Recently Added div.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by UnInfamous