[Plug-In] Community Applications

Absolutly great plugin! One question:

How can I see in the search results if it is a plugin or a container?

Keep up the fantastic work!

Plugins say "... Plugin repository"  the category shown also states plugin

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone, I've got a bit of a problem that so far has me stumped.

Just had to reload Unraid from a failure during the week. I am adding the CA plugin and it installs fine, and places the link in the menu bar as normal. When I click the Apps link, I am presented with the CA menu, and a prompt pops up stating "Updating Content. Retrieving the latest application lists". I've left it on this screen for upwards of 30 minutes, but I don't remember it ever taking more than a few seconds to open in the past?

I had installed Openvpn-as from Linuxserver.io, and everything in CA was working fine. The day after I had to migrate to a new USB key, and CA was the first plugin I installed, and it presented with the above. This was on version 6.2.4. I have also tried 6.1.9 which is what I was running and I initially set this machine up.

Do I need to just sit and let the machine process this data? Am I missing some step that I must have stumbled across the first time installed?

I'm not sure if it's related, but I am also having issues with Sonarr presenting access denied errors when trying to move downloaded files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Can you ping anything on the internet from your server?

Yes, I can ping 8.8.8.8 and www.microsoft.com successfully. I have also installed some dockers and the several Dynamix V6 plugins successfully.

First things first.  What is the output of (and roughly how long does it take to complete)

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/Community-Applications-Moderators/master/Repositories.json
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/Community-Applications-Moderators/master/Moderation.json
wget http://tools.linuxserver.io/unraid-docker-templates.json

Have you rebooted since openVPN has been installed?

When its stuck on the "Retrieving Application Lists" is the webUI also non-responsive (ie: can you navigate to another tab for unRaid and will it bring it up in a short amount of time (ie: basically immediately?).  If it does, then clear your browser cache / try a different browser and see what happens.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to post your diagnostics as CA stores a fair amount of its data files within the docker.img file

Sorry for the cross-post but I was having an issue with Deluge and NZBget being able to write files to my download directory and posted in the DelugeVPN docker thread. As I was typing that post, I realized the permissions change was very close to the same time that CA Backup/Restore does my weekly Appdata Backup. Is there any reason directory permissions might be changed during a Backup? In this case, the directory in question is on the exclude list. Original post here:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=45812.msg533171#new

Anyone using the Recycle Bin plugin will need to remove the previous version and install the newest version.  CA is the best way to get the latest version.  You can do this before or after the OS update. 

You reinstall Recycle Bin via CA until after upgrading to 6.3.0  It's listed as being incompatible with all versions prior to 6.3.0 so it won't appear within CA until after the upgrade

If I delete Recycle Bin (using CA) prior to installing unRAID 6.3 and then install the new version of Recycle Bin (also using CA) after updating to 6.3 will my settings in Recycle Bin be preserved? Just wondering if I need to grab some screenshots first?

Anyone using the Recycle Bin plugin will need to remove the previous version and install the newest version.  CA is the best way to get the latest version.  You can do this before or after the OS update. 

You reinstall Recycle Bin via CA until after upgrading to 6.3.0  It's listed as being incompatible with all versions prior to 6.3.0 so it won't appear within CA until after the upgrade

If I delete Recycle Bin (using CA) prior to installing unRAID 6.3 and then install the new version of Recycle Bin (also using CA) after updating to 6.3 will my settings in Recycle Bin be preserved? Just wondering if I need to grab some screenshots first?

No idea.  Pretty much depends upon if as part of the uninstall if Recycle Bin is deleting its settings.

dlandon's recommended procedure is to uninstall and then reinstall so screen shots would probably be wise.

Not quite sure what's going on here. I had to downgrade to 6.1.9 and after boot my dockers were gone so I reinstalled them and got this. What now?

I tried deleting the dockers that aren't running, but when I do both copies are deleted.

Its buried in a thread somewhere, but the reverse of the process of what happened when you upgraded to 6.2 (and the docker.img re-jigged the containers) is that you pretty much have to delete the docker.img when downgrading from 6.2+ to 6.1.9

I have a product suggestion for ya', Squid.

Add a link to the forum support post for each docker/plugin, so I can, from the appropriate page, go get help directly. Additionally, allow the author to add additional links to his personal/team's web support page, and maybe even a link to the product page (for dockers).

I often spend very frustrating time rummaging about in the forums trying to find the support thread, and not everyone has a link to it from the config page, and not every plugin/docker has a config page. (Advanced Buttons I'm looking at you!)

Beyond that, CA has been fantastic, and if I had any issues with it when I first upgraded to 6.0, they've been long since forgotten - it just works like a charm!

I have a product suggestion for ya', Squid.

Add a link to the forum support post for each docker/plugin, so I can, from the appropriate page, go get help directly. Additionally, allow the author to add additional links to his personal/team's web support page, and maybe even a link to the product page (for dockers).

Been in there on all displays forever...

I knew what I meant, I just didn't say it well.

I'm referring to the actual Plugin or Docker pages of the menu, not within CA itself.

Something like this

Both of them would require modifications to system files to accomplish, and that brings with it its own can of worms which I don't like opening unless its absolutely necessary.

But I agree with you, and the one for docker is easy since CA includes the support link in the templates that it passes over to be installed (even though dockerMan doesn't display it on the template screen)

The plugin manager is a different story as it handles .plg files whereas CA utilizes an .xml which in turn points to the .plg

Either way, post up a feature req and I'm sure you'll get lots of +1s on it.