How to search/get a log of duplicate files?

I'm on v5. I might have downloaded several videos files all over my user shares and for some of them they could be the same source exactly (identical files). I need to clear them so i don't waste anymore space. Is there a way for me to find and list them in a txt file? I could use some windows program and scan them over the network but it will probably be ultra slow as compared to running it on the terminal directly. Is there something like this in unraid already?

• 2 years later...
On 2015-5-17 at 6:40 PM, CyberMew said:

I'm on v5. I might have downloaded several videos files all over my user shares and for some of them they could be the same source exactly (identical files). I need to clear them so i don't waste anymore space. Is there a way for me to find and list them in a txt file? I could use some windows program and scan them over the network but it will probably be ultra slow as compared to running it on the terminal directly. Is there something like this in unraid already?

Why don't you try Duplicate Files Deleter? It will do a thorough search of your hard disk and find out the two or more duplicate files of the same file which may be stored at different locations. It will give you a comprehensive list of all those files and you can decide for yourself what you want to do with them. It's easy to use. Hope it will help you.

On 17/05/2015 at 11:40 AM, CyberMew said:

You might find https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/33535-unraidfindduplicatessh/ to be of use?