[Plugin] IPMI for unRAID 6.1+

i have one question, can i get turn off chassis intrusion detection, something in this plugin i can set to ignore it.

Could you try this command

ipmitool raw 0x30 0x03

no output and no change in the webui page.

http://www.supermicro.com/support/faqs/faq.cfm?faq=10307

was it supposed to return a reservation code or something akin to that post i linked.

It was supposed reset the chassis intrusion like here

http://www.supermicro.com/Aplus/support/faqs/faq.cfm?faq=11894

But I was looking at the link you posted too. You could try disabling it if that's what you wanted.

yes please....

I was looking at this link

http://www.supermicro.com/support/faqs/faq.cfm?faq=10307

But I'm not sure what the sensor's record address would be for your board.  I was looking at the sdr.txt with a hex editor and at offset 4b8 there's the info for your chassis sensor but I'm not sure if the 01 immediately following the 17 is what you want but maybe their tech support can help.

The aa is the address from ipmitool sdr elist.

just fired off email to them, thank you for your assistance, and once again thanks for the plugin.

No problem. I'd be interested in what values you use.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this plugin. Just installed it with my new Asrock C2750D4I and can confirm it works out the box with no configuration required.

Some of my sensors are showing as yellow (the voltages mainly) though.

Nice work!

No problem. One of these days I'll get to fan control. Are the sensors in yellow above or below non critical value?

Thank you for this plugin. Just installed it with my new Asrock C2750D4I and can confirm it works out the box with no configuration required.

Nice work!

No problem. One of these days I'll get to fan control. Are the sensors in yellow above or below non critical value?

See pic. I had to modify the colours so that the yellow was readable! Red = yellow btw.

Capture.PNG.6a042d154874c1630d2a2c13a117eccb.PNG

Nice work!

See pic. I had to modify the colours so that the yellow was readable! Red = yellow btw.

Ok I see you don't have any non critical for those sensors. I'll fix that.

Nice work!

Also did you update the bios and bmc? There's also an update for the sata controller.  The bmc had to be updated through the bmc web page. I say that cause I tried through the bios first. There are quite a few fixes in both.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a question, I'm assuming this plugin is for bare metal installs?

I'd like to pull IPMI data from my supermicro IPMI board (via IP) and react on events, as I'm running unRAID in a virtualizated manner.

Yes it uses the built in ipmi driver but I can add remote support which should work.

• 1 month later...

Is there any configuration needed after installing this plugin?  I have the IPMI Tool listed under tools but there are no sensors/fans listed under sensors and nothing is in the event log.

What does "ipmitool sensor" show from the command line? Also try "ipmitool sdr" and "ipmitool -vc sdr" if that works.

Is there any configuration needed after installing this plugin?  I have the IPMI Tool listed under tools but there are no sensors/fans listed under sensors and nothing is in the event log.

What does "ipmitool sensor" show from the command line? Also try "ipmitool sdr" and "ipmitool -vc sdr" if that works.

I realized my issue is that my unRAID server is a VM inside ESXi so it's not going to read my IPMI sensors.  The plugin works fine on my baremetal backup unRAID server.

I will add a settings page for remote ipmi with ip address, username and password. That should allow those with unRAID as a vm to use this or you could monitor any other server. I also have been testing event monitoring and notifications.

Awesome!

Just a question, I'm assuming this plugin is for bare metal installs?

I'd like to pull IPMI data from my supermicro IPMI board (via IP) and react on events, as I'm running unRAID in a virtualizated manner.

Finally added support for ipmi lan access and event notifications. I created a settings page under Settings/IPMI tool. Let me know how it works for you.

Finally added support for ipmi lan access and event notifications. I created a settings page under Settings/IPMI tool. Let me know how it works for you.

Working great.  Thanks so much!

Great. Thanks for testing it out. Remote access may not work for systems with ipmi 1.5. So if someone needs that I'll have to add another option.

After upgrading, I went to the settings page, and noticed it lists status as stopped, and I don't see a way to start it.  I tried changing the settings and clicking apply for both of the options, and neither changed the status from stopped.

Are you able to see sensor readings in Tools/IPMI tool? Unless you need remote access you should leave that set to No and the sensors will show using the kernel ipmi driver. The real time event notifications can be set to Yes then hit Apply. If the status didn't change to a green Running then try running "ipmievd sel" from the command line and let me know what happens and if the log shows anything.

The only way I could get the ip/user/pass to be editable is set both to no, apply, then set 2nd to yes, the ip/user/pass is editable until you hit apply.  one apply is hit you can no longer change them.  have to set to no, apply, then yes and start over....  bug?

Myk

Partly a bug. The Apply should be enabled on page refresh and notifications set to No, it is not. I'll check the logic and fix it. All settings should be disabled if the notification is Running.  Basically so you can't change or apply settings if it's active. Also If  you actually change a field like ip address and go to the next input the Apply button will be enabled. But that won't work with the password input and I don't know if I can fix that but if Apply is visible it shouldn't matter.

After upgrading, I went to the settings page, and noticed it lists status as stopped, and I don't see a way to start it.  I tried changing the settings and clicking apply for both of the options, and neither changed the status from stopped.

Are you able to see sensor readings in Tools/IPMI tool? Unless you need remote access you should leave that set to No and the sensors will show using the kernel ipmi driver. The real time event notifications can be set to Yes then hit Apply. If the status didn't change to a green Running then try running "ipmievd sel" from the command line and let me know what happens and if the log shows anything.

I didn't see any output for sensors.  I turned off remote monitoring, and there was no change.  After running the command you list the status is running, I see sensors output, and the remote option is grayed out (I did turn off remote option) the notifications option is still available to be changed.