Squid

DEPRECATED [Plug-In] Community Repositories Updater & Viewer

157 posts in this topic

This plugin is now deprecated.  A replacement plugin (Community Applications) is available here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40262.0  The replacement plugin puts the focus onto the applications themselves, adds categories, changelogs, etc.

[move][/move]

Community Repositories

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/repo.update/master/plugins/community.repositories.plg

A plugin to view / add / remove unRaid docker template repositories.

A new name, new features (and more to come), and new home

Gfjardim and bonienl have jumped onboard to this project and completely rewrote the underlying code, added some new ideas and expanded upon some others.

This plugin will allow you to view all of the containers contained within any of the public template repositories for unRaid.  You also have the option to add / remove repositories from the list maintained by dockerMan, and additionally add a container that you select without having to add the repository. See video below.

There are some notable changes from how the plugin works now from my earlier "concept" plugin

• The plugin's UI is now a separate section under the Docker Tab
  • There is no longer a background process running to keep the containers within the repositories up to date.  Updates to the list are performed once you load the UI
  • As previously noted, you can either add or remove an entire repository with the appropriate buttons, or add a single container from the repository.  To do this, just click on the container's icon and a new browser tab will open in the add container screen with all of the information populated.
  • Search the repositories for an available container (minimum 3 character search term)

Installation

If you already had the previous incarnation of this plugin installed (Automatic Repository Updater), you would probably be best off to remove that plugin and then restart the server to ensure that no traces of it remain behind.

To install the plugin, go to the Plugins Tab on the webUI, select Install Plugin, and paste the URL at the top into the text box and hit install.  Done.

Usage

Inorder for this plugin to be active, docker must first be enabled and a valid docker.img file created.  See http://lime-technology.com/docker-guide/ and http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=37732.0

To see what containers / repositories are available, click the Docker Tab and navigate to the Community Repository section.  To add an entire repository so that all of the containers are available, hit the icon next to the repository name with the + sign.  To remove an already existing repository, hit the "-" sign.  Note that by adding a repository does NOT mean that you are going to be running all of the containers within.

To add a single container, just hit the icon for the container.  You will be taken to the Add/Container page.  Fill out the necessary host paths / ports (see the above links or search in the docker forum for more information).

Change Log

- Reverted the behavior of clicking the container icon to always use the template's default values.  Click the wrench to edit the container instead.

- Fixed a minor display abberation introduced in tabbed mode by 6.0RC1

- Clicking an installed container now edits the container, instead of loading defaults

- Miscellaneous display bug fixes

- Added in support for "private" repositories

- Fix "readmore"

2015.04.26a

- Miscellaneous Coding Improvements

- Added in contextual help

- Added in show / hide beta repositories

- Collapsible Repository Tables

- Fix error while downloading XML files

- Silence warning on malformed XML files

- Changed sort order of repositories to alphabetical

2015.04.14a

- Fix tabbed view

- Fix Docker Settings in last position

- Better searchbox functionality; disable search auto submit.

2015.04.13a

- Added search terms

- Now properly displaying 3rd in the docker tab

- Reorganization for future features.

- Initial release

I probably should have created a new thread for this major update to the plugin.  The discussions regarding this new thread begins here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39106.msg365379#msg365379.  Everything prior can be safely ignored.

Seems to be missing needo's repo.

Needo doesn't actually have a repository.  Instead his containers (along with eroz's) are part of gfjardim's repository.  That is why you didn't see a button for needo.  All of his containers are displayed within gfjardim's repo.

I have added another line to the repo display routine to also display the path to the xml.  (If nothing else you'll be able to find it in the "add container" drop down in dockerMan easier.  Update available.

One suggestion. Unraid Noob here. It took me a while to figure out how to use your plugin because there was no entry on the "Settings" menu of 6b14. I can only launch it by clicking on the icon in the Plugins menu. Got it working, but would be nice to be able to access the settings from the settings menu. Thanks!

One suggestion. Unraid Noob here. It took me a while to figure out how to use your plugin because there was no entry on the "Settings" menu of 6b14. I can only launch it by clicking on the icon in the Plugins menu. Got it working, but would be nice to be able to access the settings from the settings menu. Thanks!

Strange... Both of my servers running 14b come up with an icon in the settings screen after both the initial install and on subsequent reboots... On the plugin screen is it at least showing the shopping cart for an icon?  I will keep trying to replicate

Fixed an issue where if your network is not up and running prior to the plugin loading on a reboot strange results (gfjardim would have 19 repositories) would happen, and without hitting the "Force Update" button, no proper results would appear for 24 hours.  (Note: After a successful initial installation, it is possible to see the same results if you load the plugin before the cataloging is completed (usually around 30 seconds).  In that case, just reload the page.)

Now, only on the initial installation, and subsequent reboot the plugin tests to see if GitHub is reachable via ping, and retries every 20 seconds until it is (background task) before attempting the background updates.

If GitHub is not reachable during subsequent updates, no errors will occur because the plugin will merely use the last downloaded updated files.

Not the ideal way of handling this (but it works), and it will be handled differently during Phase 2 of the plugin which has already commenced.

Strange... Both of my servers running 14b come up with an icon in the settings screen after both the initial install and on subsequent reboots... On the plugin screen is it at least showing the shopping cart for an icon?  I will keep trying to replicate

There are no "Settings" tab icons for me either. I didn't miss them however as I didn't know they were supposed to show on the settings tab.  ???

edit: Works very well for me even missing the icons and is a very handy plugin Squid, thanks.

Only just saw this plugin now....great idea, well done Squid!!

Also fixed offending line in ruTorrent.xml

Complete derp in template creation!!

Congrats again!

The Capt

Thanks... The new version of this plugin is in the testing phases right now. (The new one doesn't look like it was the first time I ever used JavaScript - lol)

There are no "Settings" tab icons for me either. I didn't miss them however as I didn't know they were supposed to show on the settings tab.  ???

The section "User Utilities" isn't standard in the webGUI, people who did not install any op the Dynamix optional plugins won't see the settings.

It can be solved by including the file "Utilities.page" in the plugin of Squid, or install one of the optional Dynamix plugins :)

The section "User Utilities" isn't standard in the webGUI, people who did not install any op the Dynamix optional plugins won't see the settings.

It can be solved by including the file "Utilities.page" in the plugin of Squid, or install one of the optional Dynamix plugins :)

You learn something new everyday.  I will make the necessary adjustments tonight

Good to know, thank you.

If you just check for updates on the plugins, the fix is already in it.

May I ask another update (my own fault - didn't mention it before) ...

To show the associated icon in the title bar you need to create the folder "icons" and put the file "userutilities.png" in it.

Thx for your great plugin :)

May I ask another update (my own fault - didn't mention it before) ...

To show the associated icon in the title bar you need to create the folder "icons" and put the file "userutilities.png" in it.

Thx for your great plugin :)

no problems.  Documentation is somewhat lacking on the plugin system and its not always the easiest to reverse engineer all of the dynamix plugins.

Documentation is somewhat lacking on the plugin system and its not always the easiest to reverse engineer all of the dynamix plugins.

Hmmm...  That sounds like a strong hint!  bonienl???  nudge, nudge  ;)

New name, new features

gfjardim has jumped onboard to this project and took my original "concept" plugin, rewrote the underlying code, expanded upon my ideas, and added some of his own.

New and noteworthy:

• New name - Community Repositories
  • New home - UI no longer is in settings, but is now a section in the Docker tab
  • Along with adding / removing a repository, you also now have the option to add a container by itself without adding the repository - just click on the container's icon - see the video in the OP

If you had the original version of this plugin installed, ideally you should uninstall the plugin and reboot your server prior to installing this version.  This will ensure that no remants of the original still exist.

Thanks Squid for letting me take a place on this Plugin development.

Just one minor heads up: if your Docker tabs are not in this order, please don't get mad; it will be fixed in the next Dynamix or unRAID's update, ok?

Again, thanks a lot Squid!

Guys,

Fantastic work, finally I can go shopping ;)

I would propose to get this "standard" into the webGUI - with your permission. This really makes the use of Dockers very easy !

Guys,

I would propose to get this "standard" into the webGUI - with your permission. This really makes the use of Dockers very easy !

It would make sense if LT actively maintain the repositories updated and replaces the Docker Repositories tab with this.  As you know, going official has it's advantages and it's disadvantages. Anyway, it's Squid's decision.

Guys,

It would make sense if LT actively maintain the repositories updated and replaces the Docker Repositories tab with this.  As you know, going official has it's advantages and it's disadvantages. Anyway, it's Squid's decision.

Sure, put me on the spot  ;)  I would like to see this as an official plugin.  Ongoing maintenance of the repo list is something that I already do so from my end nothing would change.  And I think that this idea is so incredibly useful particularly for new users that it should be.  However the decision of whether or not it reaches that status in the future is entirely up to LT.

The docker tab with the repository list is however going to have to stay (or be modified in someway) in order to handle the private repositories which some users have.

Guys,

Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about and one should weigh the pros and cons.

For the time being anyway best to keep it separate, and allow you all the freedom to further develop at your own pace.

Sure, put me on the spot  ;)  I would like to see this as an official plugin.  Ongoing maintenance of the repo list is something that I already do so from my end nothing would change.  And I think that this idea is so incredibly useful particularly for new users that it should be.  However the decision of whether or not it reaches that status in the future is entirely up to LT.

The docker tab with the repository list is however going to have to stay (or be modified in someway) in order to handle the private repositories which some users have.

Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about and one should weigh the pros and cons.

For the time being anyway best to keep it separate, and allow you all the freedom to further develop at your own pace.

With this on mind, I'll start tweaking it to make possible a seamlessly integration in the future. Is it ok for you both?

Copyright © 2005-2017 Lime Technology, Inc. unRAID® is a registered trademark of Lime Technology, Inc.