[DOCKER] HandBrake-CLI

I threw together a docker container for the HandBrake-CLI. If you know how to ssh in to your unraid box and do things like 'docker run' and 'docker exec' then this is for you. Otherwise you should move on... I figure if you're a smart enough cookie to run handbrake from the command line you should be ok running this docker from the command line.

To run:

docker run --name="handbrake" -d -v /mnt/user:/files -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro pinion/docker-handbrake-cli

Then connect to the container and you can run HandBrake-CLI:

docker exec -i -t handbrake bash

Then, as an example of how to use it, go to a folder with a video file (should be somewhere under /files) and run something like:

HandBrakeCLI -i /files/Movies/myMovie.mkv -o /files/Movies/outputMovie.mp4 --preset="iPod"

You can learn a lot more by visiting the wiki for the CLI at https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/CLIGuide

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, this is awesome. Have it running now and it's great to offload this from my Mac. In the future I just have to remember to start this in a Screen session so I can disconnect from the terminal while it runs.

We're moving, so I am taking that as my impetus to rip all my movies. This will be a big help.

Just ran into this problem, any thoughts?

docker run --name="handbrake" -d -v /mnt/user:/files -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro pinion/docker-handbrake-cli

FATA[0000] Error response from daemon: Conflict, The name handbrake is already assigned to 46e4cadf6805. You have to delete (or rename) that container to be able to assign handbrake to a container again.

Just ran into this problem, any thoughts?

FATA[0000] Error response from daemon: Conflict, The name handbrake is already assigned to 46e4cadf6805. You have to delete (or rename) that container to be able to assign handbrake to a container again.

As BRiT said. The container is already running so you can just run 'docker exec -i -t handbrake bash' Or you just need to start the container and then run that command. 'docker start handbrake'