[support] Bungy's docker repository

The docker is still supported, just my time for support is now more limited. Can you post your full config? My guess is that there is a parameter that isn't set. Likely the parameter for the LAN_NETWORK.

If you're used to looking at docker-compose setups, here's my config. You can probably easily tell which environmental variables you'll need to change to get it to work.

nzbget:
  restart: always
  image: jshridha/docker-nzbgetvpn
  privileged: true
  volumes:
    - /mnt/disks/external/Downloads:/data
    - /mnt/disks/external/appdata/nzbgetvpn/config:/config
    - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime
  environment:
    - VPN_ENABLED=yes
    - VPN_USER=USERNAME
    - VPN_PASS=PASSWORD
    - VPN_REMOTE=us-east.privateinternetaccess.com
    - VPN_PORT=1198
    - VPN_PROV=pia
    - VPN_PROTOCOL=udp
    - ENABLE_PRIVOXY=no
    - LAN_NETWORK=192.168.1.0/24
    - STRONG_CERTS=no
  ports:
    - "6789:6789"

13 hours ago, Bungy said:

My guess is that there is a parameter that isn't set. Likely the parameter for the LAN_NETWORK.

Apparently he hasn't set much of anything.

2 minutes ago, Mylo75 said:

Thanks My Settings are 

Do you have any other working dockers?

No joy. This is from the nzbgetvpn log

2017-04-11 14:54:50,226 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
-P INPUT DROP
-P FORWARD ACCEPT
-P OUTPUT DROP
-A INPUT -i tun0 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 172.17.0.0/16 -d 172.17.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p udp -m udp --sport 1198 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 6789 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 6789 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 192.168.1.0/24 -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 58846 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p udp -m udp --sport 53 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type 0 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o tun0 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -s 172.17.0.0/16 -d 172.17.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p udp -m udp --dport 1198 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 6789 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 6789 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -d 192.168.1.0/24 -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 58846 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 53 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type 8 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT

2017-04-11 14:54:50,226 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
--------------------
[info] Starting OpenVPN...

2017-04-11 14:54:50,231 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Tue Apr 11 14:54:50 2017 OpenVPN 2.3.11 x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [EPOLL] [MH] [IPv6] built on May 12 2016
Tue Apr 11 14:54:50 2017 library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.2h 3 May 2016, LZO 2.09
Tue Apr 11 14:54:50 2017 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible

2017-04-11 14:54:50,252 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Tue Apr 11 14:54:50 2017 UDPv4 link local: [undef]
Tue Apr 11 14:54:50 2017 UDPv4 link remote: [AF_INET]213.120.234.114:1198

2017-04-11 14:54:51,253 INFO success: nzbget entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I've updated from unRaid 6.1.9 to 6.3.3 and updated also the docker images.

Now my ssh keys aren't accepted anymore from the gitlab docker.

I've tracked down the issue so far.

The problem is the .ssh symbolic link in /home/git.

In /var/log/gitlab/supervisor/sshd.log  i've found

Authentication refused: bad ownership or modes for directory /home/git/data

Permissions of the data folder are 777 99:users

If i rename the .ssh symlink and create a real .ssh folder and put authorised_keys in it and set all file permissions correctly, ssh auth with public key works again.

Problem with this fix is, that when the docker gets updated, i must do this changes again.

So how can we fix this better?

cya

• 2 weeks later...

This seems to be an issue to take up with the official owncloud team for their docker image. I only wrote the template and not the container. 

Alternatively, you can use these commands to install smbclient:

docker exec -it owncloud bash
apt-get update
apt-get install -y smbclient
exit

Keep in mind that your apps will disappear unless you manually persist their storage on your unraid server. Also, the above commands will have to be re-done every time you recreate the container.

The owncloud container wasn't designed to use the external storages plugin. I'd suggest you use docker volume mapping instead to provide similar functionality.

On 5/5/2017 at 1:21 PM, amigenius said:

Hi,

I've updated from unRaid 6.1.9 to 6.3.3 and updated also the docker images.

Now my ssh keys aren't accepted anymore from the gitlab docker.

I've tracked down the issue so far.

The problem is the .ssh symbolic link in /home/git.

In /var/log/gitlab/supervisor/sshd.log  i've found

Authentication refused: bad ownership or modes for directory /home/git/data

Permissions of the data folder are 777 99:users

If i rename the .ssh symlink and create a real .ssh folder and put authorised_keys in it and set all file permissions correctly, ssh auth with public key works again.

Problem with this fix is, that when the docker gets updated, i must do this changes again.

So how can we fix this better?

cya

The problem isn't the upgrad to unraid. The problem is you recreated the container so the /home/git/data directory is now missing. It seems your config is missing the directory mapping for /home/git/data. You'll have to manually map /home/git/data in the container to /mnt/user/appdata/gitlab on the host for example to get persistent storage to work. The template should have handled that for you, but maybe you changed the default settings?

Hi,

I'm a first time user of Unraid and docker. I have installed your owncloud docker but I am wondering if there is a way to make the files and folders uploaded/created via the interface to be modified from an Unraid share? At the moment the ownership of the files and folders are to sshd:sshd. I apologise if this is a dumb question.

Levi

EDIT: I managed to figure it out.

Edited by Levente
Problem solved
On 17.5.2017 at 4:26 AM, Bungy said:

The problem isn't the upgrad to unraid. The problem is you recreated the container so the /home/git/data directory is now missing. It seems your config is missing the directory mapping for /home/git/data. You'll have to manually map /home/git/data in the container to /mnt/user/appdata/gitlab on the host for example to get persistent storage to work. The template should have handled that for you, but maybe you changed the default settings?

Hi,

nope, that's not the reason.

/home/git/data is mapped.

cya

1 hour ago, davids2115 said:

Good morning.  Have been using this docker for a while,  Receiving this error after an update:  /usr/bin/nzbget: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can no longer connect.  Thx

Getting the same error in the nzbgetvpn log as well.  Just started this morning after the unRAID 6.3.5 upgrade.

Along with the log error, the webGUI for nzbget gets a connection refused.  Docker shows the container running.

Other containers using VPN to PIA are working fine like activ-transmissionvpn so it's just isolated to nzbgetvpn.

4 hours ago, WhiteNoseThunderPants said:

It is not related to the 6.3.5 update because I have not updated to that version but I am receiving the same error with nzbgetvpn.

Oh well... coincidental timing then.

Still an issue, so I setup the binhex SABnzbd VPN container in the meantime.  I prefered the more efficient C++ implementation in NZBget to the Python based SABnzbd, but the latest version 2.01 seems better than the older ones I've tried before and I don't want to download from usenet newsgroups without VPN so, SABnzbd it is for now.

Edited by jedimstr
39 minutes ago, jedimstr said:

And... looks like an update of the container fixed it today.  Github doesn't show any commits/releases though.

I pushed a new commit that fixed the issue yesterday. Feel free to post here or on the github issue if you have any more problems.

On 5/30/2017 at 9:03 PM, Bungy said:

I pushed a new commit that fixed the issue yesterday. Feel free to post here or on the github issue if you have any more problems.

Thanks Bungy!!!

Looks like the source you're using is a version behind.  Your repo has 18.0 while the latest stable release from April is 18.1 (changelog: https://github.com/nzbget/nzbget/releases/tag/v18.1)

The 19.x test versions are coming along nicely too, so don't know if you'd want to wait for that to update your container version.

Edited by jedimstr
2 minutes ago, jedimstr said:

Thanks Bungy!!!

Looks like the source you're using is a version behind.  Your repo has 18.0 while the latest stable release from April is 18.1 (changelog: https://github.com/nzbget/nzbget/releases/tag/v18.1)

The 19.x test versions are coming along nicely too, so don't know if you'd want to wait for that to update your container version.

My goal is to update to 18.1. However, this requires an update to openssl libraries, which ends up breaking lots of binaries that require the older openssl version. I haven't had the time to sort out all the packages required to update, but I'll take a look again shortly. Keep poking me because I may forget!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/3/2017 at 2:44 PM, Bungy said:

My goal is to update to 18.1. However, this requires an update to openssl libraries, which ends up breaking lots of binaries that require the older openssl version. I haven't had the time to sort out all the packages required to update, but I'll take a look again shortly. Keep poking me because I may forget!

Build with version 18.1 is up and running. I'll update to 19.0 as soon as it hits the arch repository.