[support] Bungy's docker repository

nzbgetvpn

We need this docker to be updated according the new PIA certs.

See binhex VPN dockers

//Peter

Indeed!  Bungy are you able to do this?  Thanks, and so far I have been loving the NZBGETVPN Docker you've provided.

I put a bit of time into it, but didn't get very far. I ran into a self-signed cert issue, and I ran out of time to work on it. I'm a bit swamped with work at the moment, so I can't quite do this right now, but maybe over the weekend. I want to switch to binhex's baseimage and use his awesome openvpn setup, but I'll have to postpone until things calm down a bit.

Totally understand, and I'll look forward to when you can.  Thank you sir!

Is there a reason my home wifi network shuts down when I upload large files to my OwnCloud server over an ethernet connection? Is there a way I can move the files locally on the machine instead of taking them down from the machine and uploading them VIA the website? Because when I try and manage them locally the files will move but won't actually show through the web interface to download until I rescan all the files on the server.

nzbgetvpn

See binhex VPN dockers

//Peter

Indeed!  Bungy are you able to do this?  Thanks, and so far I have been loving the NZBGETVPN Docker you've provided.

I put a bit of time into it, but didn't get very far. I ran into a self-signed cert issue, and I ran out of time to work on it. I'm a bit swamped with work at the moment, so I can't quite do this right now, but maybe over the weekend. I want to switch to binhex's baseimage and use his awesome openvpn setup, but I'll have to postpone until things calm down a bit.

I was able to update the docker to use binhex's openvpn as the baseimage. You'll need to update your docker to include these environmental variables

VPN_ENABLED=yes

VPN_PORT=1198 (if using PIA)

LAN_NETWORK=192.168.1.0/24 (or whatever your home lan network is)

VPN_PROTOCOL=udp (if using PIA, may be tcp for other providers)

Let me know if you have any issues. The build should be done in a couple of minutes.

I was able to update the docker to use binhex's openvpn as the baseimage. You'll need to update your docker to include these environmental variables

VPN_ENABLED=yes

Let me know if you have any issues. The build should be done in a couple of minutes.

Thanks for this, however after updating my docker won't seem to start and no message listed in the log.

VPN_ENABLED=yes

Thanks for this, however after updating my docker won't seem to start and no message listed in the log.

Hmm.. not sure what the problem is. Can you post your docker run command (removing username/password information)?

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="nzbgetvpn" --net="bridge" --privileged="true" -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "VPN_USER"="p0902491" -e "VPN_PASS"="password" -e "VPN_REMOTE"="us-east.privateinternetaccess.com" -e "VPN_PORT"="1194" -e "VPN_PROV"="pia" -e "LAN_NETWORK"="192.168.100.0/24" -p 6789:6789/tcp -v "/mnt/cache/Cache/appdata/nzbgetvpndata":"/data":rw -v "/mnt/cache/Cache/appdata/nzbgetvpn":"/config":rw -v "/etc/localtime":"/etc/localtime":ro -v "/mnt/cache/Cache/appdata/couchdata":"/cpdata":rw -v "/mnt/cache/Cache/appdata/nzbdls":"/nzbdls":rw -v "/mnt/cache/Cache/appdata/comicdls":"/comicdls":rw -v "/mnt/cache/Cache/appdata/musicdls":"/musicdls":rw jshridha/docker-nzbgetvpn

Try changing the VPN port to 1198

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

That's an improvement - now the logs shows this:

2016-08-08 06:37:13,182 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

[crit] VPN provider remote protocol not defined (via -e VPN_PROTOCOL), exiting...

[crit] VPN provider remote protocol not defined (via -e VPN_PROTOCOL), exiting...

Whoops, I should have added that you'll need to add the env variable VPN_PROTOCOL=udp (for PIA, it may be tcp for other providers)

Whoops, I should have added that you'll need to add the env variable VPN_PROTOCOL=udp (for PIA, it may be tcp for other providers)

Perfect!  Working like a charm now, thanks Bungy!

• 1 month later...

Strange. I was able to upgrade from 9.0 to 9.1.1 without much issue. I had to disable my apps directory in order to get the upgrade to proceed properly, but it eventually worked. I'm not sure what your issue is, but if you want to stick with owncloud, it may be worth contacting owncloud's support staff or searching their github issues page.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

nzbgetvpn

See binhex VPN dockers

//Peter

VPN_ENABLED=yes

Thanks Bungy for this vpn version of nzbget. Just an FYI that this docker is still missing the VPN_PROTOCOL env variable. Also, VPN_ENABLED has a typo (VPN_ENABED).

nzbgetvpn

See binhex VPN dockers

//Peter

VPN_ENABLED=yes

Thanks Bungy for this vpn version of nzbget. Just an FYI that this docker is still missing the VPN_PROTOCOL env variable. Also, VPN_ENABLED has a typo (VPN_ENABED).

Can you give me a little bit more detail? I'm not seeing the typo or the missing VPN_PROTOCOL env var.

Well, I've never installed an instance of nzbget so the default template was missing the VPN_PROTOCOL env variable and the typo was part of the template.  I just figured you never updated the default template for the docker? Maybe try deleting the docker and the template and doing a fresh pull?

Using PIA with NZBGet after upgrading to 6.2.4 and it cannot resolve the VPN address. Other dockers with this PIA VPN are working. Anyone else seeing this?

2016-11-07 10:04:20,423 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Mon Nov 7 10:04:20 2016 RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address: us-east.privateinternetaccess.com: Name or service not known

Using PIA with NZBGet after upgrading to 6.2.4 and it cannot resolve the VPN address. Other dockers with this PIA VPN are working. Anyone else seeing this?

Mon Nov 7 10:04:20 2016 RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address: us-east.privateinternetaccess.com: Name or service not known

This was an issue with experimental branch, but the master branch should be ok. Can you make sure you're on the newest image?

If you're on the newest image, can you post the rest of your configuration so I can replicate? You can leave out the username/password.

This was an issue with experimental branch, but the master branch should be ok. Can you make sure you're on the newest image?

If you're on the newest image, can you post the rest of your configuration so I can replicate? You can leave out the username/password.

Thx for the quick reply! I will delete and re-create and see if that helps. I'll post the results!

FWIW, I had a similar issue but it could've just been the VPN_Protocol env variable was missing.  I think binhex defaults to nl.privateinternetaccess.com with his vpn dockers so I just switched to it with nzbgetvpn as well.