pinion's Docker Repo

Hi- Thanks for this docker...been looking for a way to get rid of yet another computer and this is definitely it.

I got transfers to work (pretty easy actually).  The one thing that I am wondering is around commercial skip.  Is there an add on or setting that will accomplish that?  I didn't see anything related to this docker. 

***I assume since there was no reply that there is no such setting/plugin/docker that anyone is aware of?***

Edited by althoralthor
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/7/2018 at 11:27 AM, althoralthor said:

Hi- Thanks for this docker...been looking for a way to get rid of yet another computer and this is definitely it.

I got transfers to work (pretty easy actually).  The one thing that I am wondering is around commercial skip.  Is there an add on or setting that will accomplish that?  I didn't see anything related to this docker. 

***I assume since there was no reply that there is no such setting/plugin/docker that anyone is aware of?***

Sorry, yes that would be a good assumption. I always used kmttg for that: https://sourceforge.net/p/kmttg/wiki/Home/

I've long wanted to have a docker for it but never got up the motivation to do it. I created my few containers when docker was still young and new on unraid but LinuxServer.io has taken over all the popular repos. I would see if they'd be willing to create a docker with a gui around kmttg. That would be your best bet. Or, you could run it in a VM.

Let me know if you see something where pytivo says it can be handled and I'll look into it further, there may have been new developments, but as it is for this docker you can't do it.

• 1 year later...
On 10/19/2017 at 8:58 PM, pinion said:

In other words the container thinks the path on my box "/mnt/user/Media" is just "/media". So then for the togo path I set it to like "/media/tivotogo" and in unraid that will be physically located at "/mnt/user/Media/tivotogo". So check what you set /media to and if it was "/mnt/user/Downloads/" then in the pytivo docker set that field to "/media/Temp/TiVo". Let me know, I promise to answer faster this time.

No matter how I configure my paths, I get the error IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:

Currently, /media is set to /mnt/user/Downloads/. The docker is set to /media/tivo. I've confirmed there is a tivo folder in my Downloads folder.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I tried setting up CherryMusic and when I fill out the Media Base Directory and click "Save and start CherryMusic" it just goes back to the Media Base Directory section. My path is /mnt/user/Files/Music/, which I've used with Plex and Emby with no issue.

Any insight you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

58 minutes ago, Keek Uras said:

Hello, I tried setting up CherryMusic and when I fill out the Media Base Directory and click "Save and start CherryMusic" it just goes back to the Media Base Directory section. My path is /mnt/user/Files/Music/, which I've used with Plex and Emby with no issue.

Any insight you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I've solved this. I had to use /music as it maps to in the Docker config. Sorry about that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey Pinion thanks for your awesome work. I did run into a few odd things while setting up cherrymusic, but I got most of it straightened out. I'll list my findings.

1. appdata path

All other containers i've installed map to /mnt/user/appata/ but the default for cherrymusic is /mnt/cache/apps/appdata

I didn't notice this initially when setting it up, only later when I was looking for the config file and didnt see cherry in the appdata folder. Maybe this is intentional and there's something I dont know..

2. music path

In the template I mapped the container path /music to /mnt/user/Media/music (which is where my music is located)

Upon first start of Cherry it asks for the path to music. Since the container path /music is already mapped directly to my music library my first though was to leave the field blank, but it won't let you do this. I then decided to stop the container, remap /music to /mnt/user/Media and then on the setup page I put /music. This TECHNIALLY works, but this results in my other media folders being visible. I had to edit the conf and change basedir = /music to just basedir = / Effectively doing the thing it woudnt let me do during setup. 

3. Search

This is the one issue I ahve not yet been able to resolve. Simply put, search finds nothing. Every search turns up nothing. I'm not sure what to do about this one.

Edited by 2Piececombo
clarity