unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

Hi guys,

For a linux newbie can anyone confirm to me how to install this CLItools (I need screen for preclearing).

I did it in my old unraid 5 as described in here

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Configuration_Tutorial#Install_Screen

, but in 6b I have no unmenu any more.

• 4 weeks later...

is there any possibility of getting git-core included so i can pull from git things i am on working and want to test in unraid environment without hassle of setting up a template or pushing to docker hub etc...

If git doesn't have large dependencies you could try pulling this then using "installpkg" on it:

wget http://mirrors.slackware.com/slackware/slackware64-14.1/slackware64/d/git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz -O /tmp/git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz
installpkg /tmp/git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz

root@:/# wget http://mirrors.slackware.com/slackware/slackware64-14.1/slackware64/d/git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz -O /tmp/git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz

--2015-02-08 10:12:09--  http://mirrors.slackware.com/slackware/slackware64-14.1/slackware64/d/git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz

Resolving mirrors.slackware.com (mirrors.slackware.com)... 207.223.116.213

Connecting to mirrors.slackware.com (mirrors.slackware.com)|207.223.116.213|:80... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found

Location: http://mirror.nexcess.net/slackware/slackware64-14.1/slackware64/d/git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz [following]

--2015-02-08 10:12:10--  http://mirror.nexcess.net/slackware/slackware64-14.1/slackware64/d/git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz

Resolving mirror.nexcess.net (mirror.nexcess.net)... 208.69.120.55

Connecting to mirror.nexcess.net (mirror.nexcess.net)|208.69.120.55|:80... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK

Length: 3924056 (3.7M) [text/plain]

Saving to: ‘/tmp/git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz’

100%[=====================================================>] 3,924,056  3.17MB/s  in 1.2s

2015-02-08 10:12:11 (3.17 MB/s) - ‘/tmp/git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz’ saved [3924056/3924056]

root@:/# installpkg /tmp/git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz

Verifying package git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz.

Installing package git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz:

PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:

# git (the stupid content tracker)

#

# Git is a fast, scalable, distributed revision control system with an

# unusually rich command set that provides both high-level operations

# and full access to internals.

#

# "git" can mean anything, depending on your mood.

#

# Git was originally written by Linus Torvalds and is currently

# maintained by Junio C. Hamano.

#

Executing install script for git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz.

Package git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz installed.

root@:/# git --version

git version 1.8.4

root@:/#

Also, I'm thinking that the archival programs such as most up to date versions of rar, unrar, 7zip, unzip, tar, par2 should be contained in their own Archival Plugin Pack.

Then the developer tools like git, subversion, cvs, rcs would be in their own Developer Repository Plugin Pack as well.

Also, I'm thinking that the archival programs such as most up to date versions of rar, unrar, 7zip, unzip, tar, par2 should be contained in their own Archival Plugin Pack.

Then the developer tools like git, subversion, cvs, rcs would be in their own Developer Repository Plugin Pack as well.

I like this idea.

I like this idea.

Great idea.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like this idea.

Great idea.

I would also like to see a plugin that could be used for creating archives. @LT, Any thoughts on making this a reality?

• 4 weeks later...

I like this idea.

Great idea.

I would also like to see a plugin that could be used for creating archives. @LT, Any thoughts on making this a reality?

Creating officially managed plugins from LT is something we are looking to do.  Stay tuned for more information on that.

I like this idea.

Great idea.

Creating officially managed plugins from LT is something we are looking to do.  Stay tuned for more information on that.

can we get git ?

Can I suggest to include LFTP to the pack? The mirror feature, among others, could be very useful for people. I recognize LFTP is easy to install as a slackware package but I love the simplicity of the nerdpack.

Probably. Eric is pretty good about adding more and more to this.

• Squid unpinned this topic