Sparklyballs' Repo- Sparkly Stuff In Here

I'm finally making some headway here.

No matter how I set up the library, Kodi would always say that the directory did not exist.

Just had a brainstorm, and thought maybe it was a permission issue - So I set my share permissions to be Secure instead of Private.

Everything started working.  But, I'm not particularly happy with that setup (I don't want anyone who logs into my network to be able to read the files).

What credentials could I add to unRaid so that the Kodi container can then access the shares when set to private?

(also tried copying over mediasources.xml (which contains the login credentials for openelec) and sources.xml and no difference)

As a side note: you CAN set up your video library using hostnames.  Kodi-Headless will scan it.  (Edit: Using hostnames to refer to servers other than the one your container is hosted on is inconsistent.  Sometimes it connects, other times it does not - Best to refer to IP addresses.  EDIT:  Fixed by using passwords.xml

PERFECT!!  Thanks.

with the passwords XML file, everything works perfectly (even with host names)

To summarize the last whack of posts:

Use the  scrapers that come with Kodi (The TVDB, The MovieDB, and whatever the one is for music)  If you are using a different scraper than the default, then you are going to either:

• change your scraper to be the default, and rescan your libraries

• install that particular scraper into kodi-headless (just copy over the appropriate folders??? - Not tried)

If you only have a single unRaid box for sources for Kodi AND the shares are set to either Public or Secure then you are done.

If however you have

• multiple unRaid boxes and are referring to them via Hostnames in the sources for Kodi or,

• the shares are set to Private

then you will have to create the passwords.xml file and store it in /appdata/kodi/userdata

<passwords>
<path>
<from pathversion="1">smb://SERVER_A/</from>
<to pathversion="1">smb://username:password@SERVER_A/</to>
</path>

<path>
<from pathversion="1">smb://SERVER_B/</from>
<to pathversion="1">smb://username:password@SERVER_B/</to>
</path>
</passwords>

Note that in passwords.xml there is no reference at all to any particular share.  Only to the servers

PERFECT!!  Thanks.

with the passwords XML file, everything works perfectly (even with host names)

To summarize the last whack of posts:

Use the  scrapers that come with Kodi (The TVDB, The MovieDB, and whatever the one is for music)  If you are using a different scraper than the default, then you are going to either:

• change your scraper to be the default, and rescan your libraries

• install that particular scraper into kodi-headless (just copy over the appropriate folders??? - Not tried)

If you only have a single unRaid box for sources for Kodi AND the shares are set to either Public or Secure then you are done.

If however you have

• multiple unRaid boxes and are referring to them via Hostnames in the sources for Kodi or,

• the shares are set to Private

then you will have to create the passwords.xml file and store it in /appdata/kodi/userdata

<passwords>
<path>
<from pathversion="1">smb://SERVER_A/</from>
<to pathversion="1">smb://username:password@SERVER_A/</to>
</path>

<path>
<from pathversion="1">smb://SERVER_B/</from>
<to pathversion="1">smb://username:password@SERVER_B/</to>
</path>
</passwords>

Note that in passwords.xml there is no reference at all to any particular share.  Only to the servers

This docker could benefit from a how-to etc.. but i'm not really the teacher type or a skilled communicator.

I'm trying to do a fresh install of Koma. When running

docker exec Koma createuser kodi kodi

I'm seeing this

Enter password: ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Any help would be appreciated.  I was trying to do separate containers for Kodi and mariadb and everything appeared to install fine for Kodi and I had the database setup but when I installed Kodi on my Mac and dropped in the advancedsettings.xml and added a library I didn't see it show up under the Kodi Docker:8080 Movies section. And I went into Mariadb and did a select on the movies table and nothing was there. So I assume Kodi on my laptop wasn't actually connecting to the unraid mariadb. That's when I nuked it all and started over with Koma but I'm stuck here.

I'm trying to do a fresh install of Koma. When running

docker exec Koma createuser kodi kodi

I'm seeing this

Enter password: ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Any help would be appreciated.  I was trying to do separate containers for Kodi and mariadb and everything appeared to install fine for Kodi and I had the database setup but when I installed Kodi on my Mac and dropped in the advancedsettings.xml and added a library I didn't see it show up under the Kodi Docker:8080 Movies section. And I went into Mariadb and did a select on the movies table and nothing was there. So I assume Kodi on my laptop wasn't actually connecting to the unraid mariadb. That's when I nuked it all and started over with Koma but I'm stuck here.

did you let it run for a while before trying that command ?

i'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but how to add a source to headless kodi?

i tried setting up the sources.xml like this but that didn't get the job done.

<sources>

<video>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
        <source>
            <name>Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.34/mnt/disk1/Movies/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.34/mnt/disk6/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.34/mnt/disk4/movies/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.34/mnt/disk8/</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>
    <video>

</sources>

thanks very much for your help

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to set up Kodi-headless for multiple users? Probably yes, but I didn't figure it out yet :)

We have couple devices with Kodi (PCs, HTPCs, tablets...) and each user (5 users for now) has their own profile for login.

I set up Kodi-headless (Helix - 14.1) with MariaDB as described on this thread and for now everything works great, except that all users share same database. If I watch some movie and this movie is marked as watched, all other users sees it as watched.

On Kodi-headless > Profiles there is only "Master user*" profile.

How can I check if database was updated? I added couple new items in "movie" folder, and database was not updated yet (after 3 days). In Kodi I can't see new movies and on online movie database was no change.

Is update done instantly when new content is added or is it updated once per day?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Squid locked this topic