Dynamix - V6 Plugins

This is weird and I'd like a little help on what is happening.  In Active Streams I see a weird (not LAN) IP address:

595008be384cc_StrangeIPaddressinActiveStreams.png.e36ff1840141b42457a7d80b2edfafc2.png

The 23.96.235.188 IP address is of course not a LAN address.  I looked up the IP address and it is a Microsoft Server in Chicago.  I have several problems with this:

• How did this IP address get into my Active Streams?
  • Is this another Microsoft behind the scenes snoop?

I don't recall seeing any files being streamed by this IP address.

Any ideas on where this is coming from and how it got to my server?  Is there a way to block this IP address?

11 minutes ago, dlandon said:

This is weird and I'd like a little help on what is happening.  In Active Streams I see a weird (not LAN) IP address:

595008be384cc_StrangeIPaddressinActiveStreams.png.e36ff1840141b42457a7d80b2edfafc2.png

The 23.96.235.188 IP address is of course not a LAN address.  I looked up the IP address and it is a Microsoft Server in Chicago.  I have several problems with this:

Any ideas on where this is coming from and how it got to my server?  Is there a way to block this IP address?

Likely coming from Plex on your server. It sets up a secured connection to their side to allow streaming from your server to "elsewhere".

Btw. It is not possible for an external IP address to get direct access to your shares, unless your have explicitely allowed this on your router.

13 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Have you any Windows VM?

2 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Likely coming from Plex on your server. It sets up a secured connection to their side to allow streaming from your server to "elsewhere".

Btw. It is not possible for an external IP address to get direct access to your shares, unless your have explicitely allowed this on your router.

I have a Plex Docker installed, so this is possible.  I allow no access from the WAN to my server IP address.  I didn't expect that an outside IP address could access shares.  What is it that Active Streams sees that thinks it is a stream IP address?

Has anyone gotten Dynamix systemp temp working with Ryzen? I have a 1700 running on an ASUS X370 Pro and not too sure what do to. It doesn't detect the drivers automatically and have run sensors-detect but didn't look like it found the correct one so not too sure what drivers I should be using.

Have been trying to follow this guide: https://wiki.lime-technology.com/Setting_up_CPU_and_board_temperature_sensing

2 minutes ago, Tybio said:

Qucik question, on the fan auto control plugin does the setting apply to all PWM fans?  I have 3 detected, they all seem to reflect my 3 Case fans (Not CPU) but it looks a lot like only one of them is getting cranked up and down.

They all need to be on the same fan header

• Upvote 1

SCSI Devices (unRAID 6.2 or later)

Can someone provide a little more explanation of the bolded /underlined statement below? I would like to install this plugin, but do not want to break anything or lose data in the array, which is running well at this point. My concern is that "re-assigning" appears to have the potential of causing data loss if done incorrectly.

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

SCSI Devices (unRAID 6.2 or later)

updates the udev persistent storage devices rules file (courtesy of bubbaQ), which allows proper naming of SCSI attached disks.

Please by aware that after installation of this plugin, it might be necessary to re-assign disks due to their changed names!

First you need this plugin only when you have SCSI attached devices, usually thru a controller. This is not needed for SATA devices.

The plugin may change the name of device(s), which results in unRAID seeing a different device as previously seen. If this is the case then you need to do a "new config" (see tools) and assign your disks using their new name. You can start the array with "parity is already valid" if your re-assigned is as before. The content of the disks is never touched/lost.

9 minutes ago, tomjrob said:

Can someone provide a little more explanation of the bolded /underlined statement below?

It means that when the name of the drive is changed it may drop out of the array. You would have to stop the array and re-assign the disk. Data loss shouldn't be an issue. It's all still in the drive, just not accessible until you add the drive back into the array.

Probably a good idea to be sure you first have a list of the drive serial numbers and which array assignment they have (diskX, cache, parity, etc). Especially for the parity drive(s).

Hi,

I am having some problems with System Autofan not reacting to my CPU Temp.  It all used to work perfectly but I changed motherboards for a totally different reason, it never worked out so I have gone back to my original Motherboard (ASRock - H77 Pro4/MVP) all sensors are detected and when clicking Detect the CPU fan drops to it's lowest speed and then back up again as it always did but when my CPU starts being thrashed the fan speed stays at 25%.  If I disable fan speed at this point then the fan jumps to 100% Where can I go from here? what logs/info can I provide?

Many Thanks in Advance...

Edited by mbc0