limetech

Which Media Center are you using Poll Results

Twonky media 4.4.18 and it works great but I am having troubles with Divx conversions of my media and a might change if i end up using ISO images.

On the client machines I'm using a mix of the following:

Windows 7 Media Center

Media Player Classic Home Cinema Edition

XBMC

Xbox360 file shares

Software:

SageTV Server 6 with

SageTV Client and a

Hardware:

SageTV HD-100 Extender with HDMI pulling 7 watts

Tuners:

2x WinTV-500MCE cards and

2x HVR-2250 cards and a

WinTV-150

and a 13.5 TB unRaid Server for recordings and system backups

Plex on my Mac, Plex and XBMC on my hackintosh, and XBMC on a classic xbox in the living room.  I got the thumbs up from the wife to upgrade to a HTPC, now I just have to save a few dollars for it (XBMC Live will be loaded on that).

Windows7 Media Center with Mediabrowser in the loungeroom and PS3mediaserver streaming to the PS3 in the bedroom.

I am using a TVIX 6500a with my budget build uNraid server.  

I am looking into a 2nd player such as a HD Dune Prime, HDX Bone or TVIX S1 or N1.

Cheers...

UPDATE:

My 2nd player is now the SageTV HD300.  My 6500a is beginning to act a bit flaky so I am looking for a replacement.  Have hopes in the Mede8er MED500x2, but that has not been reviewed yet.

GB-PVR (soon to become n-PVR) http://www.gbpvr.com/ since 2004. Really mostly for it's PVR capabilities. I tried different things back then, even MythTV on Linux. Nothing came close to the robustness and ease of setup of GB-PVR. Support on forum and by author was excellent, and the killer argument was that it supported Hauppauge MediaMVP, a small inexpensive extender box that made the whole package available in any room for peanuts.

Still use it, currently with a HDHomeRun dual tuner, Fire-DTV tuner both  DVB-C and a Dual DVB-T tuner card. My analog cards got retired ½ year ago. MediaMVPs are all but retired. Using popcornHour A100 in the living room, supported by a native interface (mvpmcx2 running n-PVR).

And with high WAF and kid-usability, I'm a happy user indeed.

XBMC-Live,

currently running an automated setup only problem is my HTPC has run out of room for more Hard drives thus forum.xbmc.org I found this place.

right now I have SABnzbd,SickBeard,CouchPotato, all working 24/7 downloading my content.

I also have Nintendo,Super Nintendo, and N64 ROms on there with Sega, Amiga, and Playstation on the way.

I plan to build my unRaid sever and it too will be fully automated.

XBMC > than anything else when it comes to  a media center front end.

-=Jason=-

7MC w/Media Browser+TMT3+AnyDVD HD on all HTPC's

I went with 7MC because it was the easiest to deploy for TV with guide data. Not to mention it's essentially free since I already had Windows 7 installed. I just opened WMC and clicked on a bunch of Next buttons and voila, working DVR in less than an hour (the channel scan took a while).

Dabbled with XBMC a bit but its metadata retrieval isn't as trouble-free as Media Browser at the moment (for anime in particular). I need to replace the ION HTPC in the bedroom so I could use the ION as a sandbox for alternative media center front-ends (e.g. Sage, MythTV, XBMC, etc).

Copyright © 2005-2017 Lime Technology, Inc. unRAID® is a registered trademark of Lime Technology, Inc.