OpenVPN Server & Client for unRAID 6.2+ (6.1 are still supported)

peter_sm

First of all sorry for the noob mistake!!! :D

While installing your plugin I i didn't pay attention and created a "openVPNserver" folder in /mnt and now i'm stuck with this folder. I can see it in krusader but it won't delete. please could you tell me how to do it safely.

Thanks and once again sorry.

25 minutes ago, jonathansayeb said:

First of all sorry for the noob mistake!!! :D

While installing your plugin I i didn't pay attention and created a "openVPNserver" folder in /mnt and now i'm stuck with this folder. I can see it in krusader but it won't delete. please could you tell me how to do it safely.

Thanks and once again sorry.

From terminal window using putty do

rm -r /mnt/openVPNserver

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what I changed, because now I can't seem to be able to start the service anymore, checking logs is this:

sudo: openvpn: command not found
It worked for a bit,but stopped using it for a while, tried using it again and as you can tell it's not working. Wonder if some update maybe broke the installation.

Tried removing it from plugins panel, and reading it but seems to give same issue.

Thanks for any help in advance!

2 hours ago, Server1Alpha said:

Not sure what I changed, because now I can't seem to be able to start the service anymore, checking logs is this:

sudo: openvpn: command not found
It worked for a bit,but stopped using it for a while, tried using it again and as you can tell it's not working. Wonder if some update maybe broke the installation.

Tried removing it from plugins panel, and reading it but seems to give same issue.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Hi, I did a fresh install and everything is OK. You can start to check your USB for defects.

//Peter 

• 2 weeks later...

How do i route all data through the VPN? When i connect to VPN and check IP its same as when not connected. 

**EDIT**
So i see theres a redirect-gateway. I enabled this and i can still access local websites but i cant access any other website.So then i changed the DHCP server to google and now im showing the VPN IP. Just put this here incase someone else is in need.

Edited by skyline7349
fixed
  • 2 weeks later...

I have 2 unraid servers. I had this plugin installed for a year now on 1 of the servers. Just recently the plugin stopped working and I noticed the Start button was missing entirely so i cannot start the plugin. I tried to remove the plugin and used ca to remove all app data. Then I used Krusader to remove the file myVPNserver from the cache. Then I rebooted the server and tried to install again and the same thing happened. No start button. 

On my second server that has never had this plugin installed on it before, I was able to install the plugin and start it no problem and everything is fine.

Can someone please help me figure this out. I really need to get this plugin going again and it is by far the best openvpn plugin for what I need. Any help is much appreciated.

9 minutes ago, crazycam425 said:

I have 2 unraid servers. I had this plugin installed for a year now on 1 of the servers. Just recently the plugin stopped working and I noticed the Start button was missing entirely so i cannot start the plugin. I tried to remove the plugin and used ca to remove all app data. Then I used Krusader to remove the file myVPNserver from the cache. Then I rebooted the server and tried to install again and the same thing happened. No start button. 

On my second server that has never had this plugin installed on it before, I was able to install the plugin and start it no problem and everything is fine.

Can someone please help me figure this out. I really need to get this plugin going again and it is by far the best openvpn plugin for what I need. Any help is much appreciated.

Have you tried to install to a new different folder name ? ....  

START button is enabled after you done "Cert/Misc Configuration" and  "Server Configuration" 

Can you post the 2 .cfg file from /boot/config/plugins/openvpnserver

And then output from

/etc/rc.d/rc.openvpnserver restart

//Peter

I will try and let you know. I did follow the instructions and configure the server correctly and there was no start button. I will try to use a different folder name and see if that works and if not I'll post the 2 .cfg files.

How do I out the 

6 minutes ago, peter_sm said:

Do I have to ssh in to do this?

I will try and let you know. I did follow the instructions and configure the server correctly and there was no start button. I will try to use a different folder name and see if that works and if not I'll post the 2 .cfg files.
How do I out the 

Yes

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
25 minutes ago, peter_sm said:

Have you tried to install to a new different folder name ? ....  

START button is enabled after you done "Cert/Misc Configuration" and  "Server Configuration" 

Can you post the 2 .cfg file from /boot/config/plugins/openvpnserver

And then output from

//Peter

19 minutes ago, crazycam425 said:

How do I out the 

Check also that all 3 files exist in /boot/package

-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root  298004 Mar  2  2016 expect-5.45-x86_64-1.txz*
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root 2808220 May 23 21:14 tcl-8.6.6-x86_64-1.txz*
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root  414732 Jun 21 18:32 openvpn-2.4.3-x86_64-1.txz*

3 hours ago, crazycam425 said:

Oh I forgot the contents of the folder. Here it is.59852846da6e4_ScreenShot2017-08-04at7_06_22PM.thumb.png.8bc1e9377060c466f4586fa1ab8a751d.png

The files ta.key should also be there

ca.crt	1.17 KB	2017-08-04 07:34
dh.pem	424 B	2017-08-04 07:34
openvpnserver.ovpn	1.08 KB	2017-08-04 07:33
server.crt	4.55 KB	2017-08-04 07:34
server.key	1.70 KB	2017-08-04 07:34
ta.key	636 B	2017-08-04 07:34

Can you check  what these files tell you?

/var/log# openvpnserver.log openvpnserver-status.log

And from command prompt try this and check above log files

openvpn --config 'PATH TO'/openvpnserver.ovpn

It says that the command openvpn not exist! so the openvpn package are not installed? And your path to openvpn server.ovpn are not the same as inside this file ? Where you have a path to your cache drive!

Go over the configuration again so all looks OK, maybe you have a bad flash drive as well ? Try to repair it on windows.