coppit

Container for No-IP dynamic DNS updates

for some reason I cannot get this to work after having to rebuild all of my dockers because I deleted everything on accident. 

Do I need to delete anything from the conf file? I added my user, passwd, and domain. do i need to add anything else?

On 4/4/2017 at 11:06 PM, dranani said:

Do I need to delete anything from the conf file? I added my user, passwd, and domain. do i need to add anything else?

Does your password have fancy characters like $"! or '  ? If so, you'll want to put it in either single quotes or double quotes, whichever you aren't using. And if you're using both, I'll have to give you special instructions. :)

What does the log say?

21 hours ago, coppit said:

Does your password have fancy characters like $"! or '  ? If so, you'll want to put it in either single quotes or double quotes, whichever you aren't using. And if you're using both, I'll have to give you special instructions. :)

What does the log say?

I meant to edit my post, I figured it out. It was just an error on my part. I didn't read well enough

DOMAINS='xxxxxx.hopto.me'

This is what I have the config file set with (x's are replaced with my actual hostname) and I get this error in the logs every time I start the docker:
Please enter your domain/group list in noip.conf

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

On 5/22/2017 at 9:21 AM, veritas2884 said:

Please enter your domain/group list in noip.conf

It thinks that you still have the default value of "foo.ddns.net" set. Most likely you didn't attach your data disk to /config properly.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, coppit said:

It thinks that you still have the default value of "foo.ddns.net" set. Most likely you didn't attach your data disk to /config properly.

That was it. It generated the config file, but wasn't pointed to the place where it generated. I fixed that and am in business. Thank you!

Hi,

I installed the NO-IP docker yesterday afternoon, filled in the details inf the config file, NO-IP then created the no-ip2.generated file and everything appears to be working. When I first started the Docker it then updated my NO-IP account with the IP address I am running on, but it appears it hasn't updated since. I logged into my NO-IP account, went to the manage hostname page, and clicked on the info icon and its showing last updated 22 hours ago i.e. when I first started the Docker. It hasn't updated since.

I have checked the Docker log and cannot see any problems and I see this being generated every min:

Process 18, started as noip2-x86_64 -c /config/no-ip2.generated.conf, (version 2.1.9)
Using configuration from /config/no-ip2.generated.conf
Last IP Address set ***************
Account ***************
configured for:
Updating every 30 minutes via /dev/eth0 with NAT enabled.

The Last IP address set is my correct IP address, the Account shows the correct email address, and the configured for show the correct hostname.

Am I missing something?

On 7/23/2017 at 9:10 AM, apefray said:

When I first started the Docker it then updated my NO-IP account with the IP address I am running on, but it appears it hasn't updated since.

I'm not sure I trust the "last updated" info on the webpage. I ran strace on my server, and attached it to the noip process. Every 20 minutes it woke up and talked to http://ip1.dynupdate.no-ip.com. The web page finally did change after a couple of hours. (Maybe sooner -- I wasn't watching it carefully.)

You can do it yourself to see if it's waking up and doing work. Run:

strace -rp $(pgrep noip2)

Hi coppit,

I'm having the same issue as apefray - I've had noip docker running for a month, it showed the same message. 3 weeks in I got an email from noip saying I had to manually renew as I was coming up to the end of the month!

I'm not a networking guru but I've noticed something with my openvpn, which is installed and working, and I noticed for some reason it connects through the bond0 and not eth0 interface. Perhaps this is the issue here? Is there a way to specify a variable in the config file to try connect to noip through bond0?