coppit

Container for No-IP dynamic DNS updates

56 posts in this topic

for some reason I cannot get this to work after having to rebuild all of my dockers because I deleted everything on accident. 

Do I need to delete anything from the conf file? I added my user, passwd, and domain. do i need to add anything else?

On 4/4/2017 at 11:06 PM, dranani said:

Do I need to delete anything from the conf file? I added my user, passwd, and domain. do i need to add anything else?

Does your password have fancy characters like $"! or '  ? If so, you'll want to put it in either single quotes or double quotes, whichever you aren't using. And if you're using both, I'll have to give you special instructions. :)

What does the log say?

21 hours ago, coppit said:

Does your password have fancy characters like $"! or '  ? If so, you'll want to put it in either single quotes or double quotes, whichever you aren't using. And if you're using both, I'll have to give you special instructions. :)

What does the log say?

I meant to edit my post, I figured it out. It was just an error on my part. I didn't read well enough

DOMAINS='xxxxxx.hopto.me'

This is what I have the config file set with (x's are replaced with my actual hostname) and I get this error in the logs every time I start the docker:
Please enter your domain/group list in noip.conf

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

On 5/22/2017 at 9:21 AM, veritas2884 said:

Please enter your domain/group list in noip.conf

It thinks that you still have the default value of "foo.ddns.net" set. Most likely you didn't attach your data disk to /config properly.

15 hours ago, coppit said:

It thinks that you still have the default value of "foo.ddns.net" set. Most likely you didn't attach your data disk to /config properly.

That was it. It generated the config file, but wasn't pointed to the place where it generated. I fixed that and am in business. Thank you!