coppit

Container for No-IP dynamic DNS updates

39 posts in this topic

thanks for this, i just upgraded to a new linksys router, and it doesn't have no-ip support.

you saved me the trouble of changing provider :)

This no longer works, I'm now getting the following in the log.

[Aug 18 13:14:05] Couldn't update. Trying again in 5 minutes. Output from curl command was "<html><body><h1>400 Bad request</h1>

Your browser sent an invalid request. </body></html>".

[Aug 18 13:19:06] Couldn't update. Trying again in 5 minutes. Output from curl command was "<html><body><h1>400 Bad request</h1>

After a little configuring on the .conf file I was able to get it up and running but I get this error in the log. Everything I enter is correct and there is no error codes on that website that matches it. Any help would be great... now not sure if it mattered where it ran from but I put the conf file in /mnt/cache/appdata/No-Ip vise the default one on the user drive. I didn't know if it would make a difference.

/tmp/noip.conf: line 1: $'\357\273\277#': command not found

[sep 19 00:33:38] For an explanation of error codes, see http://www.noip.com/integrate/response

/tmp/noip.conf: line 1: $'\357\273\277#': command not found

You've somehow injected some bogus characters at the top of the file, and perhaps elsewhere. I try to scrub out windows line endings, but I'm not sure what to do about those unicode (?) characters. Log into your server and run "nano noip.conf". If there are any characters before the "#", delete them.

Then restart your container and see if that clears up the problem.

This no longer works, I'm now getting the following in the log.

[Aug 18 13:14:05] Couldn't update. Trying again in 5 minutes. Output from curl command was "<html><body><h1>400 Bad request</h1>

USERNAME='<username from your conf file>'
PASSWORD='<password from your conf file>'
DOMAINS='<domains from your conf file>'

curl -S -k --user-agent "coppit docker no-ip/.1 $USERNAME" -u "$USERNAME:$PASSWORD" "https://dynupdate.no-ip.com/nic/update?hostname=$DOMAINS"

If that works, then check your conf file for correctness, and see if there are any other errors in the container logs. If you can't find any problem, I can add more logging so that we can figure it out.

Coppit,

Thanks I actually reloaded it with your command line version and it seems to work. Not sure what I did.

I am getting the error

[Oct 14 10:22:01] Couldn't update. Trying again in 5 minutes. Output from curl command was "<html><body><h1>400 Bad request</h1>
Your browser sent an invalid request.
</body></html>".

I was successful with the below code saying "nochg (my current IP)" however no-ip.com does not update my ip address:

USERNAME='<username from your conf file>'
PASSWORD='<password from your conf file>'
DOMAINS='<domains from your conf file>'

curl -S -k --user-agent "coppit docker no-ip/.1 $USERNAME" -u "$USERNAME:$PASSWORD" "https://dynupdate.no-ip.com/nic/update?hostname=$DOMAINS"

Not sure what to do next. Thank you.

Yeah mine is up and running but I am thinking it is not updating the site either but I place money on the issue being with HughesNet since they double NAT the network. Still trying to work around this issue but it seems impossible at this time.

Hi,

Just recently, the log started giving this error on every update:

Nov 15 12:56:02] Couldn't update. Trying again in 5 minutes. Output from curl command was "curl: (6) Could not resolve host: dynupdate.no-ip.com".

Not sure if they changed the update url.... sounds like an easy fix.

???

Looks like they have a new client "noip2". Unfortunately it requires running it on the command line in order to configure it. I'll have to do a little work to get around that.

Would ddclient not do this? (update a no-ip DDNS)  As an interim whilst this is looked at/save coppit some work...

Okay. I just pushed an update. I had to learn "expect" in order to interact with the client to write the new binary config file. I feel dirty.

In other news, this is my most popular docker container with 100K pulls. I had no idea!