[DOCKER] ownCloud is here!

Hi,

I am having an issue where owncloud keeps redirecting or port 8000 using a reverse proxy. I believe it is a config.php issue and not nginx. Can someone take a look cause I have no idea whats wrong.

Config.php

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'instanceid' => 'INSTANCE',
  'passwordsalt' => 'SALT',
  'secret' => 'SECRET',
  'forwarded_for_headers' => array('HTTP_X_FORWARDED', 'HTTP_FORWARDED_FOR'),
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'localip',
1 => 'server.com'
  ),
  'proxy'   => 'server.com',
  'overwritehost'     => 'server.com',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
  'overwritewebroot'  => '/owncloud',
  'datadirectory' => '/data',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://server.com',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '8.2.2.2',
  'dbname' => 'owncloud',
  'dbhost' => 'dbip',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'dbuser' => 'user',
  'dbpassword' => 'password',
  'logtimezone' => 'EST',
  'installed' => true,
);

nginx

location /owncloud/ {
		proxy_pass http://192.168.1.185:8000;
		proxy_set_header Host $host;
		proxy_redirect http:// https://;
}

The config is just a proxy_pass which I'm not sure if it works but at the moment the issue is the redirecting to port 8000. If i put the local ip it goes to localip:8000 and if I put the URL it goes to URL:8000. I have no idea what is going on here and I've been at it for like 2 hours already.

Edit: Not sure what I changed but it finally stopped redirecting but, now I am getting File Not found error. Also if I go to port 8000 the text fields show up but thats about it.

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://server.com/owncloud',
  'secret' => 'SECRET',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'ip',
    1 => 'server.com',
  ),
  'trusted_proxies'   => ['ip'],
  'overwritewebroot'  => '/owncloud',
  'overwritecondaddr' => "ip",
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '8.2.2.2',
  'dbname' => 'owncloud',
  'dbhost' => 'ip',
  'dbuser' => 'user',
  'dbpassword' => 'password',
  'logtimezone' => 'EST',
  'installed' => true,
);

Edit 2: Nvm figured out why it stopped redirecting is because I used https:// in nginx for proxy_pass. Now not sure how to fix File not found. though

After a long persistent night, I finally got it. There seems to be a bug with logging out though which causes it to become server.com/owncloud/owncloud and you need to change base.php but, since I don't have access to that in the docker, I had to use a hackish solution and there probably is a better way to do it. Here is the code:

config.php

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://server.com/owncloud',
  'secret' => 'SECRET',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'ip',
    1 => 'server.com',
  ),
  'trusted_proxies'   => ['proxy_ip'],
  'overwritewebroot' => '/owncloud',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '8.2.2.2',
  'dbname' => 'owncloud',
  'dbhost' => '192.168.1.185',
  'dbuser' => 'dbuser',
  'dbpassword' => 'dbpassword',
  'logtimezone' => 'EST',
  'installed' => true,
);

nginx

location /owncloud {
	 rewrite /owncloud/(.*) /$1 break;
	 rewrite ^/owncloud$ /owncloud/ permanent;
	 proxy_pass https://owncloud_ip:8000/;
	 proxy_redirect / /owncloud/;
	 proxy_set_header Host $host;
	 proxy_buffering off;
	 location /owncloud/owncloud {
		return 301 https://server.com/owncloud;
   }
}

Just a heads up about 6.2 beta.  6.2 forces updates of all Dockers whether or not there is an update.  When you do this it appears to be the same as deleting the ownCloud Docker and starting over.  Any customization in the ownCloud Docker will be lost and have to be re-done.  i.e apps like calendar and contacts are lost.

EDIT: I stand corrected.  The calendar and contacts are in Productivity Apps, but I can't get them working.

EDIT: I enabled them one at a time, logged off and ownCloud went through an update and they were enabled and working.  Very strange.

I've updated the server I use for OwnCloud to 6.2.0-beta18. Initially things seemed to be normal and I had access to data. After what seemed like a cache drive crash, getting a replacement disk going and reinstalling a OwnCloud Docker, I find that I can no longer connect to my old stored data. It seems as if OwnCloud does not like "/mnt/user/OwnCloud" for the "/array" Container Path setting.

At one point in the troubleshooting process I found my "OwnCloud" folder's permissions had changed from "all access" so I chmod-ed to allow all access like the other shares. Well, that didn't help and still OwnCloud is setting up the users database on the cache drive under /mnt/user/appdata/(users-folder).

It's been a while since I'd had to troubleshoot issues on unRAID and so my skills are very rusty! Thanks!!

===================================

Added Mar 16th....

After a day or two poking around with this, I gave up on this and OwnCloud docker and have moved over to BTSync through the Limetech repo, and even that is pretty poorly documented, help-wise. There's a lot you have to do own your own in my opinion, especially the part about sync-ing folders within unRAID. This seems odd just because it's Limetech's repo......

Hey, thanks for this! I've just installed it although I am pretty new to all this.

Is there a way I can either stop forcing the page to redirect to a secure page (I'm getting the warning due to the self signed cert) or add an SSL certificate to the docker?

There's a HTTP instance opened on port 8001.

Hi,

New to unraid and docker. Trying to fix the 'You are accessing the server from an untrusted domain.' issue but can't find anything helping toward a solution.

Has anyone found how to fix this?

You are accessing the server from an untrusted domain.

Please contact your administrator. If you are an administrator of this instance, configure the "trusted_domains" setting in config/config.php. An example configuration is provided in config/config.sample.php.

Depending on your configuration, as an administrator you might also be able to use the button below to trust this domain.

Thanks

Hi,

New to unraid and docker. Trying to fix the 'You are accessing the server from an untrusted domain.' issue but can't find anything helping toward a solution.

Has anyone found how to fix this?

You are accessing the server from an untrusted domain.

Please contact your administrator. If you are an administrator of this instance, configure the "trusted_domains" setting in config/config.php. An example configuration is provided in config/config.sample.php.

Depending on your configuration, as an administrator you might also be able to use the button below to trust this domain.

Thanks

'trusted_domains' =>

array (

0 => '192.168.0.10',

1 => 'your.owndomain.com',

This works for me:

The above section is in your owncloud's config folder. If you're accessing owncloud locally then in config.php add to the trusted_domains section the local ip of the owncloud server on your network. For good measure you can also add a fully qualified domain name, as per example above, if you use a Dynamic DNS service to access your home network, or if you use a domain with a static ip; just add your domain to the list.

I am currently using the official ownCloud docker (converted by Community Applications) and I am running version 8.2.3.2 with no issues. I would like to upgrade to 9.0 but I cannot figure out how to do it. Whenever I try to upgrade with occ at the command line it says I am at the latest version.

Anyone know how to do this?

I am currently using the official ownCloud docker (converted by Community Applications) and I am running version 8.2.3.2 with no issues. I would like to upgrade to 9.0 but I cannot figure out how to do it. Whenever I try to upgrade with occ at the command line it says I am at the latest version.

Anyone know how to do this?

I have the exact same question!  Tell us if you figure it out!

I forced a docker file update and I was able to upgrade from 8.2.2 to 8.2.3.2 using the command line, but I could not upgrade any further from there.

To get to 9.0 I had to do the following:

- Login to owncloud as an admin and disable ALL apps

- Backup my entire owncloud folder

- Delete everything except for /data and /config

- From there when I went to the owncloud login I was presented with the 9.0 upgrade

- Do the actual upgrade by command line

You probably want to do a database backup as well.

All the info is in the owncloud 9.0 admin guide. You do need to trash everything except for config and data folders. I also had to update like 8 times because each app may require an update as well. Again, all of these updates are done through the command line. Upgrade actually worked pretty smooth this way.

Thanks again to cirkator for suggesting HeidiSQL.

Did a fresh install of ownCloud using MariaDB and everything seems to be functioning as well as I expected. Firstly I recommend that MariaDB be installed, then setting Root password using HeidiSQL, then install ownCloud.

Before completing ownCloud installation, at the Add Container Gui, click Advanced View and scroll down to the Environment Variables section and notice the Variable Name and Variable Value. This is used to create your SSL Cert. The Variable Value can be changed to anything you need:

/C=US/ST=CA/L=City/O=Organization/OU=Organization Unit/CN=yourhome.com

to this: /C=US/ST=NY/L=Buffalo/O=Elm DataCenter/OU=TechOps/CN=mycloud.elmdata.com

You can of course include a domain or subdomain that you use to point to your home network (via dynamic dns or other means).

I'm assuming that MariaDB and ownCloud will be installed with default ports, and your (Volume Mappings) Host path mapped to your desired location.

1. Simply login to MariaDB with HeidiSQL using the unRAID's IP address with root as username with no password.

2. In HeidiSQL click on Tools then choose User Manager. Find Root and change password.

3. While in HeidiSQL might as well create the ownCloud database and ownCloud user: ex: ocowner

3.A. on the left pane right click your mouse, choose Create new -> Database , and name it what you like ex: owncloud and click OK.

3.B. Click on Tools -> User Manager -> Click Add at the upper left corner -> enter User name, then choose From host (its your preference but I suggest your local LAN), enter password twice,

3.C. then at Allow access to: you may Add object (your preference but I would choose your database to start with and select the entire Database ). I did not choose Global privileges as I believe this will be like adding MariaDB root privileges to ownCloud root user, and this is not desired or necessary IMHO. YMMV.

3.D. Click Save. Exit HiediSQL if you wish.

4. Once ownCloud is installed you can open a browser and go to https://yourlocalhost:8000 and enter a new Admin account and Password, and also choose MariaDB database as install. The rest is your preference.

5. I do recommed after logging in and setting up ownCloud admin settings to winSCP to your unRAID server and find the config.php file for ownCloud, example: /mnt/user/appdata/owncloud/config . You will find config.php under the config folder.

Double click the config.php file to open it. It will look like the below code, but be aware that the IP address is specific to my unRAID Tower and mycloud.elmdata.com was added as a trusted domain, that obviously also matches the CN of the SSL cert that was set up in the Environment Variables section in the Add Container section for ownCloud . By adding the URL mycloud.elmdata.com to the config.php there will not be an error on the browser when trying to login to the server from the outside world. I access my server using https://mycloud.elmdata.com by itself. My router port forwards port 80 to https://192.168.100.100:8000. All is good.

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => 'och68ppxik6u',
  'passwordsalt' => 'zr0VoAt4/JPiv82RlhcSByxg7c2N9O',
  'secret' => 'VbYA4LSzIT0.1Vvg6.amPzTZGtv6RZD13QU9zC9FaddmWfncnotmyrealsecret',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.100.100',
    1 => 'mycloud.elmdata.com',

),
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/owncloud/data',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://192.168.100.100:8000',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '8.0.2.0',
  'dbname' => 'owncloud',
  'dbhost' => '192.168.100.100',
  'dbuser' => 'oc_elmerfudd',
  'dbpassword' => 'icantwaitforsummerdeargod',
  'installed' => true,
  'loglevel' => 0,
  'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_from_address' => 'support',
  'mail_domain' => 'elmdata.com',
  'mail_smtphost' => 'imap.elmdata.com',
  'mail_smtpport' => '465',
  'mail_smtpauth' => 1,
  'mail_smtpauthtype' => 'PLAIN',
  'mail_smtpsecure' => 'ssl',
  'mail_smtpname' => '[email protected]',
  'mail_smtppassword' => 'itstoodamncoldthiswinter',
  'forcessl' => true,
);

So I followed some of the information in this post from @net2wire to try and get MariaDB up and running vs. using SQLite. However, I seem to be having some issues with the default MariaDB config from the linuxserver.io docker. See the screen capture below. I am unsure what is causing the issue  but in doing a quick google search apparently I have to change a variable in the MariaDB config? Has anyone else run into this problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I removed the linuxserver.io MariaDB and replaced it when the same docker from needo's repository and this has resolved my issue. This leads me to believe there is a config issue (as applicable to this ownCloud docker) with the linuxserver.io MariaDB docker.

UCaWKS.png

I recently had to restore /mnt/cache/.Docker/appdata/owncloud from my backup server ... good to have it :-)

I removed the Docker instance as well as the container and re-installed it from templates. The issue that I am no having is that ownCloud is coming up with a request for update (see pic.1). As soon as I click on the update button result is like in pic.2

This is what I see in the Docker log:

Found pre-existing certificate, using it.
NOTICE: ownCloud will now update.
ownCloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
Set log level to debug - current level: 'Warning'
Turned on maintenance mode
Exception: Updates between multiple major versions and downgrades are unsupported.
Update failed
Maintenance mode is kept active
Reset log level to 'Warning'
Update done, quitting.

Is there a way to resolve that issue?

pic_1.jpg.903d8f5ece02dc666b76bf742af72f76.jpg

pic_2.jpg.c613ea614bdaf909f16dbcb47965dbe1.jpg

Hi,

I just reinstalled my owncloud container because I want to try using it with mariadb.

Unfortunately I can't connect to the webUI anymore.

In the log it says:

No pre-existing certificate found, generating a new one with subject:

fix_config.php

server.key

server.pem

Creating DH Parameters File.

I read somewhere that I need to create new server.key and server.pem files but I don't really know how to do this and if I need to change the environment variables in the docker advanced view tab or something.

Can someone help me out please?

Hi,

I just reinstalled my owncloud container because I want to try using it with mariadb.

Unfortunately I can't connect to the webUI anymore.

In the log it says:

No pre-existing certificate found, generating a new one with subject:

fix_config.php

server.key

server.pem

Creating DH Parameters File.

I read somewhere that I need to create new server.key and server.pem files but I don't really know how to do this and if I need to change the environment variables in the docker advanced view tab or something.

Can someone help me out please?

I reinstalled my owncloud because I wanted to try mariaDB myself.

I simply backedup my files on another computer. Then I deleted everything and started over. When you see the "Creating DH Parameters File" just relax and wait, for me it took about 15 minutes to get past that and I got good performance in my server. :)

My Webui is very slow, and I mean very slow. Trying to load the main "Files"-page can take up to 5 minutes until I can see my files and folders.

But after these 5 minutes it is blazing fast looking through all the files, until I log off. Then it's the same again.

And if I goto Gallery up in the left corner it just takes about 10 seconds and then I can see my photos and movies.

I got my ownCloud running behind a reverse proxy (apache) and duckDNS. I know this combination can slow down.

But when I use ownCloud on my phone there's blazing speed.

Anyone got an idea what this can be?

Running 8.2.2 and mariaDB on unraid 6.1.9.

Hi Guys

I'm new on unRaid, looking into getting it for me. now I managed to install the owncloud on the unraid server, but I cant connect to it from outside my network. I use dyndns for remote access, and it has worked for me in the past two years on a ubuntu server. when I now add the dyndns domain to my trusted domains and I try to connect to it with dyndns.org:8000 It says that the domain is untrusted and I should add it. when I click on add, it changes to the local Network address, and gets stuck there.

when I manually add the port to the Domain, the owncloud does not work at all. not even in the local Network.

does anyone have an Idea what this could be?

Thanks for your help!