[DOCKER] ownCloud is here!

Hey gfjardim,

I was able to update in app to 8.2.1, but it seems versions.php (/var/www/owncloud/version.php) isn't kept persistent and if the docker restarts OwnCloud thinks you have downgraded back to the base docker install of 8.1.4.  Any thoughts?

Was this confirmed as an issue?

I upgraded to 8.2.1 and don't have this problem.

Are you local instance (to the docker) of SQL or networked?

Right, after some debugging I am having what appears to be the issue described by smdion above.

I upgraded the docker to 8.2.1 fine. No drama. Then I restarted the docker. Bang, I am back to 8.1 (Or the manual in Help says I am). In addition I am getting prompted to "upgrade to 8.2.1" within the OwnCloud GUI.

Is it really what smdion suggests above with respect to the persist on version.php?

For reference (given smdion's question to dlandon above) I use a docker of MariaDB for ownCloud but I access it as if it is a networked instance (e.g. by using IP address and Port).

I have removed the app from remote access for now as not sure what this does to securities etc etc

Has anyone else come across this and fixed it?

I think that due to the way docker works, we should avoid in-app updates and rely on container updates as much as possible.

Still waiting for gfjardim to update the container (with some added features as he describes), for the meanwhile going to stay with 8.1.4 (or whatever version the container downloads by default)...

I think that due to the way docker works, we should avoid in-app updates and rely on container updates as much as possible.

Still waiting for gfjardim to update the container (with some added features as he describes), for the meanwhile going to stay with 8.1.4 (or whatever version the container downloads by default)...

I absolutely agree. However I thought that in some way In-App updates were supported for this docker given the instructions to update on the first post.

In any case, I do not rely on this app that much and can wait until the container is updated before I use again. I don't like how perhaps now there may be some files cross versions running.

After I tried to update I can't seem to get this screen to go away and go back to the login screen.

I've tried:

[*]Waiting

[*]toggling maintenance mode on and off in the config manually (which will put it into maintenance mode, but toggling it off brings it right back)

[*]going into docker itself to run occ (however it seems as if the owner / executable-ness needed to be fixed up)

[*]After changing the permissions of occ and /config/config.php to run occ, I received a "Bus error" and can't seem to get farther than that.

[*]Restarting the docker image

I did notice that the config.php has version 8.0.4.2 and that the version.php file has 8.1.4. Any help would be AWESOME. I've been working on this for a few hours and am at a loss at this point.

Thanks!

Capture.PNG.533e8e2da37a71c93065ec3fedd3f7c2.PNG

I just read the whole thread and missed anything conclusive on how to setup your Owncloud to be able to access other folders.  I tried using a symbolic link and that didn't seem to work.

Could you elaborate more? Do you mean having owncloud access other folders on unraid, or folders on your desktop where app is installed.

After I tried to update I can't seem to get this screen to go away and go back to the login screen.

I've tried:

[*]Waiting

[*]toggling maintenance mode on and off in the config manually (which will put it into maintenance mode, but toggling it off brings it right back)

[*]going into docker itself to run occ (however it seems as if the owner / executable-ness needed to be fixed up)

[*]After changing the permissions of occ and /config/config.php to run occ, I received a "Bus error" and can't seem to get farther than that.

I did notice that the config.php has version 8.0.4.2 and that the version.php file has 8.1.4. Any help would be AWESOME. I've been working on this for a few hours and am at a loss at this point.

Thanks!

Is there a way I can revert to an older docker image. I can't restore my backup of 8.0.4.2 to 8.1.4

I just read the whole thread and missed anything conclusive on how to setup your Owncloud to be able to access other folders.  I tried using a symbolic link and that didn't seem to work.

Files have to be added to ownCloud through the gui.  ownCloud keeps a database of the files added and deleted.  You can't just point to a folder and expect ownCloud to incorporate those in the database.

Files have to be added to ownCloud through the gui.  ownCloud keeps a database of the files added and deleted.  You can't just point to a folder and expect ownCloud to incorporate those in the database.

If I understand the issue correctly you CAN access exisiting folders .....

I access my entire Array full of exisiting files through ownCloud by just adding the relevant folder as "External Storage" under the admin user section.

This assumes your unRAID share you want to appear and be available in ownCloud has SMB protocol enabled and you have an ownCloud user already setup to allocate access to this to:

1. Login as Admin.

2. On the user menu (top left hand corner) drop down the menu and click "Admin"

3. On the 3rd section down "external storage" give the folder a name (e.g. nas) and under the drop down menu select "SMB / CIFS".

4. After the new line appears fill in the appropriate details as requested (e.g. Host = just the dns name of your box, Userid and Password = self explanatory if you have security enabled, Share = share name in unRAID, Remote Subfolder = blank, Available For = name of the user (yourself I guess) that you setup who you want to have access to this unRAID share).

Boom Done. You'll get a green dot next to the Folder Name when it is setup correctly. This is the little test ownCloud does to ensure it can access the "External Storage".

It is also worth noting that while it is technically external given that you are accessing it over a "share" given everything is on the same box the speed is lightening as it is local really.

Now log out of admin. Log into the user you have just given access to and now you can see your share as if it was another folder and you can interact with your files at will.

Please note - be careful when doing this - especially if you share the root of your array. You are technically opening up your entire array to outside access (if enabled) and if someone gets access to your user id and or password and or a vulnerability becomes exploited in ownCloud which allows someone else to maliciously log on then someone can access all your data and do with it as they see fit.

Hello!

I have been trying to get my owncloud behind apache reverse proxy for about 15 hours now...  :'(

I have been playing around with the proxy configurations listed over the entire internet, and used CHBMB's and smdions configs / tutorials but I just cannot get it to work and I am sitting here pulling my hair from their roots!  >:(

Please someone help me look into this and help me sort this out what I am doing wrong... untrue is the name of my unraid.

This is my owncloud's config "config.php" with the sensitive parts censored:

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => 'INSTANCEID',
  'passwordsalt' => 'PASSWORD',
  'secret' => 'SECRET',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.1.8','untrue'
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/owncloud/data',
  'overwritewebroot' => '/owncloud',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://untrue:8000'
  'overwritehost' => 'untrue:8000',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
  'forcessl' => true,
  'forceSSLforSubdomains' => true,
  'proxy' => 'untrue:8000'
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '8.2.1.4',
  'dbname' => 'owncloud',
  'dbhost' => 'untrue:3306',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'dbuser' => 'USER',
  'dbpassword' => 'PASSWORD',
  'logtimezone' => 'UTC',
  'installed' => true,
  'theme' => '',
  'loglevel' => 2,
  'maintenance' => false,
  'trashbin_retention_obligation' => 'auto',
);

And this is my apache configuration file "default.conf" nothing censored:

<VirtualHost *:8008>
    DocumentRoot /config/www/

<Directory "/config/www/">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
        AllowOverride all
            Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:443>
ServerName untrue
SSLEngine on
SSLProxyEngine on
SSLProxyVerify none
SSLProxyCheckPeerCN off
SSLProxyCheckPeerName off
SSLProxyCheckPeerExpire off
ProxyRequests off
SSLProtocol All -SSLv2 -SSLv3
SSLCipherSuite EECDH+AESGCM:EDH+AESGCM:AES256+EECDH:AES256+EDH
SSLCertificateFile "/config/keys/cert.crt"
SSLCertificateKeyFile "/config/keys/cert.key"

<Location /owncloud>
	ProxyPass https://untrue:8000
	ProxyPassReverse https://untrue:8000
</Location>	

AllowOverride all
            Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Sincerely, TrueType

Yes you do.

I access my entire Array full of exisiting files through ownCloud by just adding the relevant folder as "External Storage" under the admin user section.

This assumes your unRAID share you want to appear and be available in ownCloud has SMB protocol enabled and you have an ownCloud user already setup to allocate access to this to:

1. Login as Admin.

I only have 'Admin' on a drop down on the right side and nothing anywhere about "external storage".  I'm assuming you are talking about the web gui not a desktop app or something?

3. On the 3rd section down "external storage" give the folder a name (e.g. nas) and under the drop down menu select "SMB / CIFS".

4. After the new line appears fill in the appropriate details as requested (e.g. Host = just the dns name of your box, Userid and Password = self explanatory if you have security enabled, Share = share name in unRAID, Remote Subfolder = blank, Available For = name of the user (yourself I guess) that you setup who you want to have access to this unRAID share).

Boom Done. You'll get a green dot next to the Folder Name when it is setup correctly. This is the little test ownCloud does to ensure it can access the "External Storage".

It is also worth noting that while it is technically external given that you are accessing it over a "share" given everything is on the same box the speed is lightening as it is local really.

Now log out of admin. Log into the user you have just given access to and now you can see your share as if it was another folder and you can interact with your files at will.

Please note - be careful when doing this - especially if you share the root of your array. You are technically opening up your entire array to outside access (if enabled) and if someone gets access to your user id and or password and or a vulnerability becomes exploited in ownCloud which allows someone else to maliciously log on then someone can access all your data and do with it as they see fit.

Hello!

I have been trying to get my owncloud behind apache reverse proxy for about 15 hours now...  :'(

I have been playing around with the proxy configurations listed over the entire internet, and used CHBMB's and smdions configs / tutorials but I just cannot get it to work and I am sitting here pulling my hair from their roots!  >:(

Please someone help me look into this and help me sort this out what I am doing wrong... untrue is the name of my unraid.

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'secret' => 'SECRET',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
  ),
  'forcessl' => true,
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '8.2.1.4',
  'dbname' => 'owncloud',
  'dbuser' => 'USER',
  'logtimezone' => 'UTC',
  'installed' => true,
  'theme' => '',
  'loglevel' => 2,
  'maintenance' => false,
);

AllowOverride all
            Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

ServerName untrue
SSLEngine on
SSLProxyEngine on
SSLProxyVerify none
SSLProxyCheckPeerCN off
ProxyRequests off

<Location /owncloud>
</Location>	

AllowOverride all
            Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Sincerely, TrueType

Thats looking quite ok to me. Whats the actual error you're getting? I need more.

I only have 'Admin' on a drop down on the right side and nothing anywhere about "external storage".  I'm assuming you are talking about the web gui not a desktop app or something?

Hi. Sounds like you're almost there. Firstly Yes I am talking about the Web GUI and not some other interface. The only interface other than that I know of anyway is the iPhone app (which is nice by the way) but you can't do this level of config via the app.

Anyway ....

In the far top right hand corner will be the name of the admin user id you logged in as with an arrow next to it. You need to click this arrow to show the menu as show in the attached. Then Click "Admin" on this menu (highlighted in the image attached).

You will then be taken to a settings screen where one of the options on the left hand menu (or indeed if you just scroll down the page) is External Storage. See 2nd attached image (I have on this one also tried to highlight the areas I am talking about with red lines). And you can follow my guide as I posted.

Screen_Shot_2015-12-30_at_4_51.59_PM.png.2033112d268b2ac3aa98799af7a7b932.png

Screen_Shot_2015-12-30_at_4_48.27_PM.png.8128407e2abf340ce423768f821af8fa.png

My admin doesn't appear to have that as an option.  Strange.  I'm using the current docker install.

I believe you need to enable the 'External Storage support' app.  Go to the 'Not Enabled' apps and enable it.

That was it!  That was a tad hidden.

Thanks for the patience and help!  Now to make this useful and see if I like it.

Hello!

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'secret' => 'SECRET',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
  ),
  'forcessl' => true,
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '8.2.1.4',
  'dbname' => 'owncloud',
  'dbuser' => 'USER',
  'logtimezone' => 'UTC',
  'installed' => true,
  'theme' => '',
  'loglevel' => 2,
  'maintenance' => false,
);

AllowOverride all
            Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

ServerName untrue
SSLEngine on
SSLProxyEngine on
SSLProxyVerify none
SSLProxyCheckPeerCN off
ProxyRequests off

<Location /owncloud>
</Location>	

AllowOverride all
            Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Sincerely, TrueType

Thats looking quite ok to me. Whats the actual error you're getting? I need more.

Okey, thank you, here comes more, hope this helps..

At first with these settings I got nothing in Chrome.

But recently I tried to copy my cert.key from apache to owncloud and renamed it to server.key and now I at least get this error.

This is the error I get while I try to enter the server via Chrome:

8f1ab4c206.png

This is the error log in apache:

[Wed Dec 30 01:36:20.099927 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 66] AH01906: RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Wed Dec 30 01:36:20.100066 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 66] AH01909: RSA certificate configured for untrue:443 does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.14. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
[Wed Dec 30 01:36:20.112931 2015] [:notice] [pid 70] FastCGI: process manager initialized (pid 70)
[Wed Dec 30 01:36:20.128709 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 66] AH01906: RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Wed Dec 30 01:36:20.128816 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 66] AH01909: RSA certificate configured for untrue:443 does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Wed Dec 30 01:36:20.131514 2015] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 66] AH00163: Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) mod_fastcgi/mod_fastcgi-SNAP-0910052141 PHP/5.5.9-1ubuntu4.14 OpenSSL/1.0.1f configured -- resuming normal operations
[Wed Dec 30 01:36:20.131648 2015] [core:notice] [pid 66] AH00094: Command line: '/usr/sbin/apache2 -D FOREGROUND'
[Wed Dec 30 02:02:52.625797 2015] [:error] [pid 75] [client 192.168.1.233:53879] script '/config/www/index.php' not found or unable to stat
[Wed Dec 30 02:13:07.051039 2015] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 66] AH00169: caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[Wed Dec 30 02:13:24.452216 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 64] AH01906: RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Wed Dec 30 02:13:24.452351 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 64] AH01909: RSA certificate configured for untrue:443 does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.19. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
[Wed Dec 30 02:13:24.465331 2015] [:notice] [pid 68] FastCGI: process manager initialized (pid 68)
[Wed Dec 30 02:13:24.481381 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 64] AH01906: RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Wed Dec 30 02:13:24.481477 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 64] AH01909: RSA certificate configured for untrue:443 does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Wed Dec 30 02:13:24.484337 2015] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 64] AH00163: Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) mod_fastcgi/mod_fastcgi-SNAP-0910052141 PHP/5.5.9-1ubuntu4.14 OpenSSL/1.0.1f configured -- resuming normal operations
[Wed Dec 30 02:13:24.484486 2015] [core:notice] [pid 64] AH00094: Command line: '/usr/sbin/apache2 -D FOREGROUND'
[Wed Dec 30 02:20:18.654435 2015] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 64] AH00169: caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[Wed Dec 30 02:23:14.374951 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 66] AH01906: RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Wed Dec 30 02:23:14.375019 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 66] AH01909: RSA certificate configured for untrue:443 does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.20. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
[Wed Dec 30 02:23:14.383771 2015] [:notice] [pid 70] FastCGI: process manager initialized (pid 70)
[Wed Dec 30 02:23:14.395583 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 66] AH01906: RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Wed Dec 30 02:23:14.395635 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 66] AH01909: RSA certificate configured for untrue:443 does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Wed Dec 30 02:23:14.397645 2015] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 66] AH00163: Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) mod_fastcgi/mod_fastcgi-SNAP-0910052141 PHP/5.5.9-1ubuntu4.14 OpenSSL/1.0.1f configured -- resuming normal operations
[Wed Dec 30 02:23:14.397722 2015] [core:notice] [pid 66] AH00094: Command line: '/usr/sbin/apache2 -D FOREGROUND'
[Wed Dec 30 02:23:21.699298 2015] [proxy_http:error] [pid 73] (103)Software caused connection abort: [client 192.168.1.233:55259] AH01102: error reading status line from remote server untrue:8000
[Wed Dec 30 02:23:21.699416 2015] [proxy:error] [pid 73] [client 192.168.1.233:55259] AH00898: Error reading from remote server returned by /owncloud
[Wed Dec 30 02:23:40.630914 2015] [proxy_http:error] [pid 73] (103)Software caused connection abort: [client 192.168.1.233:55275] AH01102: error reading status line from remote server untrue:8000
[Wed Dec 30 02:23:40.631136 2015] [proxy:error] [pid 73] [client 192.168.1.233:55275] AH00898: Error reading from remote server returned by /owncloud
[Wed Dec 30 02:23:49.563096 2015] [proxy_http:error] [pid 75] (103)Software caused connection abort: [client 192.168.1.233:55289] AH01102: error reading status line from remote server untrue:8000
[Wed Dec 30 02:23:49.563220 2015] [proxy:error] [pid 75] [client 192.168.1.233:55289] AH00898: Error reading from remote server returned by /owncloud
[Wed Dec 30 02:37:31.723683 2015] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 66] AH00169: caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[Wed Dec 30 12:55:42.734816 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 62] AH01906: RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Wed Dec 30 12:55:42.809681 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 62] AH01909: RSA certificate configured for untrue:443 does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.2. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
[Wed Dec 30 12:55:42.827977 2015] [:notice] [pid 65] FastCGI: process manager initialized (pid 65)
[Wed Dec 30 12:55:43.850692 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 62] AH01906: RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Wed Dec 30 12:55:43.850758 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 62] AH01909: RSA certificate configured for untrue:443 does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Wed Dec 30 12:55:43.853251 2015] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 62] AH00163: Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) mod_fastcgi/mod_fastcgi-SNAP-0910052141 PHP/5.5.9-1ubuntu4.14 OpenSSL/1.0.1f configured -- resuming normal operations
[Wed Dec 30 12:55:43.853330 2015] [core:notice] [pid 62] AH00094: Command line: '/usr/sbin/apache2 -D FOREGROUND'
[Wed Dec 30 12:59:55.091129 2015] [proxy_http:error] [pid 72] (103)Software caused connection abort: [client 192.168.1.233:55515] AH01102: error reading status line from remote server untrue:8000
[Wed Dec 30 12:59:55.091299 2015] [proxy:error] [pid 72] [client 192.168.1.233:55515] AH00898: Error reading from remote server returned by /owncloud
[Wed Dec 30 13:05:43.054031 2015] [proxy_http:error] [pid 68] (103)Software caused connection abort: [client 192.168.1.233:56167] AH01102: error reading status line from remote server untrue:8000
[Wed Dec 30 13:05:43.054124 2015] [proxy:error] [pid 68] [client 192.168.1.233:56167] AH00898: Error reading from remote server returned by /owncloud

Oh my F****** god....

I did just miss one comma "," after my " 'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://untrue:8000' "

Wow... Okey, it works now with these settings (at least when I'm reverse proxied).

I cannot anymore reach my owncloud if the apache is offline, but that doesn't matter I believe.  :)

It's just another small problem, when I goto my owncloud via the reverse proxy "https://untrue/owncloud" I reach the login page and everything is normal. But after I have logged in instead of the webpage now showing "https://untrue/owncloud/index.php/apps/files/" it now gives me 2x owncloud like this "https://untrue/owncloud/owncloud/index.php/apps/files/" and I have to change manually back to only 1x owncloud for it to work.

How can I fix this? I got the configs listed above.

Sincerely TrueType

(somehow the iPhone owncloud app manages to solve it anyhow even though it has 2x owncloud, lol)

I've tried:

[*]Waiting

Thanks!

Alright guys, I spent many more hours and tried to figure out what the heck was going on. So occ upgrade didn't work, somewhere in the thread there was mention of chowning and chmoding occ and that resulted in a bus error when trying to run occ upgrade.

So0o0o0o0ooooo.... here's what I did. I couldn't figure out how to revert the docker image, so I installed the correct version of owncloud in debian, manually updated that to 8.1.4, and then moved all the files /data and /config back after the update to unraid. Booted. and it worked.

I copied /data and /config to another

my log file says its "Creating DH Parameters File" however its been doing this for hours now and ive tried re installing the docker from scratch using different parameters (ports, EDGE, etc) to no avail.

If I restart container then it gets stuck on "Found pre-existing certificate, using it."

EDIT: Worked once, after restart to replace SSL certs it didn't (put old ones back, restarted same thing).

my log file says its "Creating DH Parameters File" however its been doing this for hours now and ive tried re installing the docker from scratch using different parameters (ports, EDGE, etc) to no avail.

If I restart container then it gets stuck on "Found pre-existing certificate, using it."

EDIT: Worked once, after restart to replace SSL certs it didn't (put old ones back, restarted same thing).

If a container gets tripped up during initial install it generally is worthwhile removing it and the associated appdata folder.  Removing the container only does not suffice.  Not sure if that's what you've been doing or not..

If a container gets tripped up during initial install it generally is worthwhile removing it and the associated appdata folder.  Removing the container only does not suffice.  Not sure if that's what you've been doing or not..

Damnit!  I had OC up and running and then tried to upgrade in-app and got bit by the version mismatch issue.  So, I decided to delete container+image and the config folder and start over and I am also stuck at "Creating DH Parameters File".  My template remained exactly the same.

I've now tried 4 times and get stuck at the same spot each time.

1. Login as Admin.

I did the same by using Local instead of SMB/CIFS.  However, I had to first create a mountpoint (/UNRAID --> /mnt/user) in the owncloud config.

iSLyJYV.png

Honestly, I don't know if there is any advantage to doing it this way...just the way I did it as I learn as I go.  :)

John

Hey gfjardim,

I was able to update in app to 8.2.1, but it seems versions.php (/var/www/owncloud/version.php) isn't kept persistent and if the docker restarts OwnCloud thinks you have downgraded back to the base docker install of 8.1.4.  Any thoughts?

Was this confirmed as an issue?

I upgraded to 8.2.1 and don't have this problem.

Are you local instance (to the docker) of SQL or networked?

Right, after some debugging I am having what appears to be the issue described by smdion above.

I upgraded the docker to 8.2.1 fine. No drama. Then I restarted the docker. Bang, I am back to 8.1 (Or the manual in Help says I am). In addition I am getting prompted to "upgrade to 8.2.1" within the OwnCloud GUI.

Is it really what smdion suggests above with respect to the persist on version.php?

For reference (given smdion's question to dlandon above) I use a docker of MariaDB for ownCloud but I access it as if it is a networked instance (e.g. by using IP address and Port).

I have removed the app from remote access for now as not sure what this does to securities etc etc

Has anyone else come across this and fixed it?

Hi All. I know it appears that gfjardim is away at the moment so has anyone else fixed this version issue. I am not keen to use a version of Software that is open to the internet (with the primary purpose of accessing my array remotely) that appears to be running a hybrid of files between multiple versions.

If indeed that is that is happening then I don't think we can have reasonable software assurance for he latest "version" as we technically are not running it. So, to keep this issue open, does anyone know how to fix it?