[CONTAINER] CrashPlan & CrashPlan-Desktop

4 hours ago, Helmonder said:

I am using: jlesage/crashplan-pro

But hey !  If its on the host then I can do that right away, thanks !!

EDIT: Just did that, did not immediately work, crashplan also started to restart.. So I also increased the memory to 8gigs (it has been working on 4 gigs sofar and I have backupped 14 terabyte of files to crashplan without a problem...)

Crashplan's advice is to have 1gig per terabyte, but that is based on the average amount of files on a system, and not on media storage (which typically is a lot of data but not so much files / large files).

If the memory usage extrapolates  in the same way I should be fine until I hit 35tb ( in the allready backupped set there also is my mysic library which is a lot of files again).

My settings are:

<dataDeDupAutoMaxFileSize>1</dataDeDupAutoMaxFileSize>
          <dataDeDupAutoMaxFileSizeForWan>1073741824</dataDeDupAutoMaxFileSizeForWan>

I have disable DataDeDuplication for files above 1073741824 Bytes (1 GByte) since these are often media files that has (more or less) unique content, smaller files gets DeDuplicated.

DataDeDuplication use a lot more CPU power so its easy to see what file actually is DeDuplicated.

I uploaded 15 TByte in 4 weeks with a 100 Mbit line.

1 minute ago, Leifgg said:

My settings are:

<dataDeDupAutoMaxFileSize>1</dataDeDupAutoMaxFileSize>
          <dataDeDupAutoMaxFileSizeForWan>1073741824</dataDeDupAutoMaxFileSizeForWan>

I have disable DataDeDuplication for files above 1073741824 Bytes (1 GByte) since these are often media files that has (more or less) unique content, smaller files gets DeDuplicated.

DataDeDuplication use a lot more CPU power so its easy to see what file actually is DeDuplicated.

I uploaded 15 TByte in 4 weeks with a 100 Mbit line.

I set 3 GByte as max memory for my 15 TByte and 800.000 files and that works for me. The recommendations looks like a bit "to be on the safe side".

11 hours ago, Shadowrunner said:

@johmei

I'd accepted at that point that I was going to have to re-upload everything anyway so may have just clicked through, but I don't remember getting any warnings. Sorry

SR

No worries at all.  Thank you for getting back to me with a response.  I'm probably going to play it safe and just trim it down by deleting the least important stuff and upload it again.  It's better than having to re-upload everything and you and the other guy are the only two people I could find that said it didn't delete your stuff (although I didn't find anybody that explicitly said that it DID delete their stuff), so it's possible it was just a hiccup or something.  Thanks again though for sharing your experience with that!

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:06 PM, Helmonder said:

Anything else using your bandwidth? It all depends.. I regularly get 45Mb..

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Nope, nothing at all! My speedtest shows 20mb upload but crashplan uploading at 800kbp/s :-( have restarted everything but been like this for a week now... does my xml look the same as yours?

Cheers

20 hours ago, mbc0 said:

Nope, nothing at all! My speedtest shows 20mb upload but crashplan uploading at 800kbp/s :-( have restarted everything but been like this for a week now... does my xml look the same as yours?

Cheers

Nope.. Looks like its the other way around:

<dataDeDupAutoMaxFileSize>1073741824</dataDeDupAutoMaxFileSize>
          <dataDeDupAutoMaxFileSizeForWan>1</dataDeDupAutoMaxFileSizeForWan>

You have it setup exactly the opposite, meaing that it will dedup unless its a very large file... Dedup costs a lot of cpu and memory and makes crashplan slow..

Hi,

I noticed that last night and this is now my xml file.

<dataDeDupAutoMaxFileSize>1073741824</dataDeDupAutoMaxFileSize>
  <dataDeDupAutoMaxFileSizeForWan>1</dataDeDupAutoMaxFileSizeForWan>
  <dataDeDuplication>MINIMAL</dataDeDuplication>

But after restarting and allocating some more RAM (4GB) and CPU (Now 100%) this is what speed I get 

I don't know what else to try as this used to work perfectly at 18MB/s 

image.png.bb5e201538cb1934b18e32ab5c790dad.png

Hi,
I noticed that last night and this is now my xml file.

1073741824   1   MINIMAL   But after restarting and allocating some more RAM (4GB) and CPU (Now 100%) this is what speed I get    I don't know what else to try as this used to work perfectly at 18MB/s   
image.png.bb5e201538cb1934b18e32ab5c790dad.png
I've noticed my speed varying all over the place since I first started using CrashPlan, whether it was​ running on Win7 or on my unRAID box, so if you were getting nice, steady speeds, I'm jealous!

There are settings in the UI for "foreground" and "background". I would notice speed fall off when it was running on my Win 7 box when I woke the screens up. I'm not entirely sure how these settings impact things when running in a docker, but you may want to look at those.

I don't remember the exact terms for the fields, and don't have access to the box at the moment. You may also have to figure out where to set them in the xml to keep them set.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I read somewhere in this thread that once a user migrates to crashplan pro that gfjardim's crashplan docker thing will update to the pro automatically?  But it didn't say exactly HOW this happens.  Or rather, it didn't say what I should expect.  So when I opened up the Crashplan docker and saw the same crashplan home interface, and the same status, followed by "checking files" and all that jazz, i stopped it immediately because I have no idea what it's doing or if it's expected behavior.

Can someone please clearly outline what kind of behavior is expected after the migration process?  Exactly how and when does the docker container update automatically?  Do I have to open it?  Log out of it?  Is there anything I need to do to trigger it?

EDIT: I've been reading some of the threads here and someone mentioned entering their account license key in the app and that kick started the update?  Where can I even find that?  I'm looking around for it  anywhere that I can think to look :\

EDIT02: I also noted somebody mentioning checking the History so I did.  It said that it was downloading an update.

TO BE CLEAR TO THOSE LOOKING FOR THE SAME ANSWER: Expected behavior will be nothing...until you check History.  There is no other indication (or I did not see any) that it was updating the app.  But the only thing I did was start the docker and opened the webview, then looked at history and at the very bottom (latest log entry), it stated that it was downloading an update.

Thanks!

Edited by johmei

I'm seriously considering Backblaze. I need to buy another hard drive for my backup server - but why should I do that and not just put it into the cloud? I'll get over my fear of putting my tax forms up there - but I do worry about blu-ray rips. Grey area. I own all of them, they're sitting in my file cabinet in the media room. But they're ripped. I'm a little more paranoid that someone is going to notice and cause me trouble.

Using "fix common problems" and it suggested applying a fix for crashplan which I did. Now I am reading that if the docker restarts it will upgrade to PRO.

This is what fix common problems was showing.

CrashPlan (gfjardim/crashplan:latest) has the following comments: Due to changes made by Code42, CrashPlan Home version is no longer available. This application will automatically update itself to CrashPlan Pro, but if for whatever reason you have to redo your appdata from scratch, this application will then be non-functional. See here

If I now restart my docker am I going to lose the functionality of hosting my families backups? Freaking out here. If that is the case how can I revert?

Thanks

19 minutes ago, Djoss said:

To be more precise, it will upgrade to PRO if you upgrade your account to PRO.  If you don't upgrade your account, the app will not upgrade.

If thats the case then I can stop stressing. Thanks. Do need to come up with a better plan though before they axe it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have posted before about the issue of the version upgrade that came up due to  the problem of backing up to the central..

since then, it started to work again, but now it has an issue once more.  (says the files are being maintained...) 

the support guys at crashplan say I need to make sure I a running on the latest version (4.8.3 for HOME)

I see in the logs that it did upgrade to 4.8.3 at some point.  but after a few restarts, it reverted to the 4.8.0.

I did not update the DOCKER image. 

so why does it do that?  

what is the way to force the application to update itself? 

I can make an upgrade via the linux command prompt, but the upgrade script is asking locations for backups and I am afraid to make any changes so not to

totally destroy the installation. 

so any ideas?  how to force the upgrade? 

or what are the instructions I need to give to the crashplan install.sh script running manual upgrade? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Crashplan updated today and since then I get a black screen.. I reinstalled the docker and all is well again until I see at the top of the screen that Crashplan is updating, as soon as it autoinstalls I am back to a black screen again? Anyone else got this?

10 hours ago, mbc0 said:

Hi,

Crashplan updated today and since then I get a black screen.. I reinstalled the docker and all is well again until I see at the top of the screen that Crashplan is updating, as soon as it autoinstalls I am back to a black screen again? Anyone else got this?

Hi to all, I am getting exactly the same, a black screen. When I get the black screen I can also see that VNC is still trying to connect to the previous version of Crashplan 4.8. I assume it has updated to PRO by looking at history, it says its updating but then the black screen appears. Cannot be sure if the update to PRO has been finalized.