[CONTAINER] CrashPlan & CrashPlan-Desktop

Rightclick on the Crashplan Icon in the Crashplan Gui to bring up Crashplan's command interface

For 2 MB of memory allocation Enter

java mx 2048, restart

https://support.code42.com/CrashPlan/5/Troubleshooting/Adjusting_CrashPlan_Settings_For_Memory_Usage_With_Large_Backups

As that method didn't work for you, why don't you try editing /crashplan/bin/run.conf file directly? It worked fine for me. There're two settings there to assign memory to: memory for the service, and memory for the client. I assigned more memory to both (4GB to the service, and 1GB to the client). I have 1.5TB to backup right now, but I added more to prevent future issues as I add more data in the future.

Some recent Unraid updates had significant changes that required this of most previously installed dockers.

Tell me about it, a couple of week ago I had to rebuild couch potato for what seems like the 20th time after the DB got corrupted AGAIN after an updated (apparently DB corruption is an issue with it anyhow before you factor in running it as a docker on unraid :( )

I'm seeing the same issue..

Netstat must be installed...

pulled today..

Must have netstat installed

setuser: cannot execute /usr/bin/openbox-session: [Errno 13] Permission denied

setuser: cannot execute /usr/bin/Xvnc: [Errno 13] Permission denied

setuser: cannot execute /usr/bin/openbox-session: [Errno 13] Permission denied

setuser: cannot execute /usr/bin/Xvnc: [Errno 13] Permission denied

Has anyone had a problem where client synchronization takes forever (looks like maybe 2-3 weeks, at current speed) for machines backup up to to the unRAID machine?  I'm at 35% after synchronization running for 1 week.  Neither I nor Code42 can find anything wrong on the client side.

I upgraded unRAID to 6.2.4.  Upgraded the dockers.  Added a parity drive (now dual parity).  I suppose it could be any of those, but no CrashPlan settings changed.  No other problems, and parity checks are pretty fast.

I took a snapshot of my screen. Weird. Crashplan can't find my shares in /mnt/user. I never made any manually changes until I guess a recent change was made by CP. If I log into SSH I see all my shares fine, but using the local WebUI it can't see/find any. I don't connect to CP from another computer, I just simply use the built in WebUI that's present in the docker. I don't think it could be a port issue but never came across this one. Anyone else?

crashdocker.jpg.fe4b7d598406ffed00e751db8e527f85.jpg

wondering if someone can help me.

At first i couldn't get the webgui or VNC to work at all. Then all of a sudden VNC started working for the most part, i have no idea why, but webgui still doesnt work. I land on a page that says noVNC and thee a text box thingy that almost instantly goes from connecting to disconnected and then a bit later to disconnect timedout. Nothing i do seems to get it to connect.

Something has happened and now the WebUI doesn't load again.. had this issue months ago but now it's back.

In the docker logs, I'm seeing piles of lines like this:

"$TARGETDIR/lib/com.backup42.desktop.jar:$TARGETDIR/lang" com.backup42.service.CPService > /config/log/engine_output.log 2> /config/log/engine_error.log

I took a snapshot of my screen. Weird. Crashplan can't find my shares in /mnt/user. I never made any manually changes until I guess a recent change was made by CP. If I log into SSH I see all my shares fine, but using the local WebUI it can't see/find any. I don't connect to CP from another computer, I just simply use the built in WebUI that's present in the docker. I don't think it could be a port issue but never came across this one. Anyone else?

I removed the docker, reinstalled the docker and back to normal. Something with the update went wrong and caused the issue. Next update I'll see if the same thing happens.

Anyone else having issues with Crashplan?  I've had a pretty solid backup for over three years now with no issues in unraid at all until now.

Initially it was a headless install on 5.x and since I've been on 6.1 and now 6.2.4 without trouble.  I removed everything off my server and did a complete reinstall and then adopted the old backup.  Everything runs smooth until it finishes all the scanning and then when it tries to start backing up files something causes a crash and it disconnects and forces a restart and just continues doing that until I shutdown the docker.

I can't see anything obvious in the logs but then I don't know how this docker even works.

***File was too big to attach I guess so here is a link of my logs zipped

http://www.filedropper.com/log_26

Anyone else having issues with Crashplan?  I've had a pretty solid backup for over three years now with no issues in unraid at all until now.

Initially it was a headless install on 5.x and since I've been on 6.1 and now 6.2.4 without trouble.  I removed everything off my server and did a complete reinstall and then adopted the old backup.  Everything runs smooth until it finishes all the scanning and then when it tries to start backing up files something causes a crash and it disconnects and forces a restart and just continues doing that until I shutdown the docker.

I can't see anything obvious in the logs but then I don't know how this docker even works.

You probably need to give CP more memory. See the first post in this thread.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

You probably need to give CP more memory. See the first post in this thread.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Thanks...I feel dumb.  I have almost 6TB and was only using the default 1GB of RAM.  She's humming along nicely again and I really love the web VNC now, so easy to use.

I hope this is appropriate, but my father and I pay $450 for 3 years for Crashplan Family Plan. It works good, has a background service which I love but the price has went up twice already. Today I cam across AmazonDrive. It's one of those live realtime drives that you have running all the time. No background service here. For completely unlimited space it only cost $59/year. I believe once you pick a folder on your desktop to by be copied up to the Amazon Drive it will keep it synced indefinitely.  Seriously can't beat the cost here on this one. And if any of you had real experiences with them, let use know. Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive

I hope this is appropriate, but my father and I pay $450 for 3 years for Crashplan Family Plan. It works good, has a background service which I love but the price has went up twice already. Today I cam across AmazonDrive. It's one of those live realtime drives that you have running all the time. No background service here. For completely unlimited space it only cost $59/year. I believe once you pick a folder on your desktop to by be copied up to the Amazon Drive it will keep it synced indefinitely.  Seriously can't beat the cost here on this one. And if any of you had real experiences with them, let use know. Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive

That really is an amazing price, as long as you keep in mind the difference between syncing and backups.  Syncing does not keep multiple versions of your files, so if you are hit with ransomware your system will dutifully sync the encrypted files to Amazon Drive and everything will be lost.

Crashplan keeps past versions of your files, so you would be able to be able to restore the unencrypted files to your system.  I guess it all depends on what you are trying to protect your data from.

• 3 weeks later...

Rightclick on the Crashplan Icon in the Crashplan Gui to bring up Crashplan's command interface

For 2 MB of memory allocation Enter

java mx 2048, restart

https://support.code42.com/CrashPlan/5/Troubleshooting/Adjusting_CrashPlan_Settings_For_Memory_Usage_With_Large_Backups

As that method didn't work for you, why don't you try editing /crashplan/bin/run.conf file directly? It worked fine for me. There're two settings there to assign memory to: memory for the service, and memory for the client. I assigned more memory to both (4GB to the service, and 1GB to the client). I have 1.5TB to backup right now, but I added more to prevent future issues as I add more data in the future.

Just for others... right clicking the crashplan icon (top right corner of web-vnc GUI) did not work for me to enter CLI.  However, plain double click did... (using edge and chrome from windows machine).

Just an FYI

Any idea why this docker won't start when the system does? Log attached below.

Tue Jan 3 21:33:13 2017

vncext: VNC extension running!

vncext: Listening for VNC connections on all interface(s), port 4239

vncext: created VNC server for screen 0

Warning: could not find self.pem

Using local websockify at /opt/novnc/utils/websockify/run

Starting webserver and WebSockets proxy on port 4280

Jan 3 21:33:13 TheVault syslog-ng[35]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.6'

ERROR: openbox-xdg-autostart requires PyXDG to be installed

WebSocket server settings:

- Listen on :4280

- Flash security policy server

- Web server. Web root: /opt/novnc

- No SSL/TLS support (no cert file)

- proxying from :4280 to localhost:4239

Has anybody managed to make this work with a non-default listening port?

Whenever I try to change the default 4242 in the UI it won't accept the port and instead applies a seemingly port within 10 ports of the one I picked.

For example if I enter "Listening Port" 5000 and press apply, crashplan accepts Port 5006 instead. I've tried this with many completely random ports, there's no way _all_ ports on my machine are taken.

These random port won't even stick through reboots.

Setting the service port in the unRAID docker ui also does nothing.

I noticed that the name of the variable changes when the port in the docker UI gets changed.

e.g. the container normally starts with "-e TCP_PORT_4242=4242" but when you change it to 5000 it starts with "-e TCP_PORT_5000=5000"

Is that intended?

by the way, do you guys run host or bridge networking?