harmser

How much RAM do you have installed in your unRAID server?

111 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

32gb having bought an additional 16gb last week.

That's for a couple of VMs I'm planning to add as soon as I get a chance... Until now the 16gb available was enough for the Dockers I'm using...

Edited by eek

I can imagine a very small amount, like 1GB, should suffice when unraid is used purely as a fileserver.

I personally have got 16GB installed, because I'm running a few VMs and a couple of dockers. I also like the idea of filecache in memory, and a bit of overhead in case when something really needs it, has never hurt anyone. Also, memory is quite cheap, so why not.

72 GB. Bought a Dell R710, 4GB sticks seemed to offer the most bang for the buck. Fully populated it.

32gb in mine (4 x8gb sticks DDR4) can upgrade MB to 512 but not for a looooooong time :)

32gb (8*4gb) because its the maximum the board supports and it was a good price on eBay (£30).

16GB

Fully automated Plex server/A couple VMs for testing/application running/Personal game servers.

unRAID runs them all flawlessly and I could honestly get by with less RAM if I had to. It's quite freeing.

32GB although I may upgrade to 64GB. 

I've like to leave plex transcoding in ram, but generally its for running multiple vms and hoping I don't run into too many cpu bottlenecks with oversubscription of cores.

48gB of DDR3 ECC RAM. 

I have an automated media configuration (Ombi + Sonarr + Radarr + NowShowing + Jackett + Deluge + Plex) which is fairly light on the ram, and I have ~20 vms open a most times. Granted, I don't need to have them open, but I always do.

I have 2 servers...

1. 16 GB (DDR3) - Primary

2. 8 GB (DDR3) - Secondary

Posted (edited)

24GB Non ECC DDR3

Edited by 666gene