harmser

How much RAM do you have installed in your unRAID server?

82 posts in this topic

72GB in the main server with a few vm's and plex/crashplan. Main VM used for video editing. 

40GB in the backup server, which also has a few vm's/plex/crashplan.

12GB in the other 2 servers which only host a single vm.

64GB wanted 32GB but girlfriend said she needs 32GB alone for her VM :'D

Old Server is at 16GB new server is 48GB but I can max that one out at 384GB which I may do, depends on if I need it more or not.

38 minutes ago, AnnabellaRenee87 said:

Old Server is at 16GB new server is 48GB but I can max that one out at 384GB which I may do, depends on if I need it more or not.

I have 16GB of Registered ECC DDR2 RAM in a 4X4GB configuration, but have never come close to using it all. I recently reconfigured my drive arrangement form 8X4TB drives and 2X2TB drives down to 3X2TB drives, involving the need to transfer 3TB of the files off of the server onto an external HDD attached to my computer over a gigabit network connection and the server never used more than 29% of the available RAM

Bought a used SuperMicro box with 64 GB installed. this was a move from 24 GB on previous hardware. I really feel the improvement and the stability improved.