[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

I've managed to get nzbmegasearch working for unraid 5 and 6, and will update the plugins later today to use python 2.7.3 (i used this version as nzbmegasearch is not compatible with 2.7.5 and all the other apps work on 2.7.3)

The plex app is just being tested by a few to make sure the plex pass login is working, then it will be up too.

I'll have a look at the new plugin structure to see how different it is from what i've made so far.

Legend - Thanks!

also, for the 64bit plex plugin have you taken a look at jumperalex's work he did troubleshooting a few issues the hybrid package exhibits?

here it is for ref: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=31485.msg303436#msg303436

and then..... the ultimate, super, duper, final plex solution ;D Combining the plex updater plugin with the plex plugin, so that it's all neat on one screen!

https://github.com/Benni-chan/unraid_plugins/blob/master/plexupdater.plg

then and only then can you have a break.....until limetech get their act together and start taking plugin management seriously!

on a personal note, it is incredibly frustrating not being able to help you/the community due to having no technical skills what so ever. I have the time, just not the knowledge and every time i do try to pick up an old plugin and try and force myself to understand i get nowhere.

All of that is done already in my plugin ;). With the way I designed my plugins from the start, every variable has quotes around then to prevent null values. Any spaces in directory entries are replaced with underscored because that currently breaks all influence plugins. The temp (transcode) directory must be set in the plugin because that folder boats when Plex is transcoding so it can completely use up your ram if located on the system ram drive which means it can cause Unraid stability problems. My plugin will warm the user of this if it is incorrectly set. Also my plugin will modify the Plex INI correctly so that the transcode directory shoes up in Plex correctly this eliminating the Plex write issues some users are experiencing. 

A lot of the fixes are present in all of my plugins.

also, for the 64bit plex plugin have you taken a look at jumperalex's work he did troubleshooting a few issues the hybrid package exhibits?

here it is for ref: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=31485.msg303436#msg303436

and then..... the ultimate, super, duper, final plex solution ;D Combining the plex updater plugin with the plex plugin, so that it's all neat on one screen!

https://github.com/Benni-chan/unraid_plugins/blob/master/plexupdater.plg

then and only then can you have a break.....until limetech get their act together and start taking plugin management seriously!

on a personal note, it is incredibly frustrating not being able to help you/the community due to having no technical skills what so ever. I have the time, just not the knowledge and every time i do try to pick up an old plugin and try and force myself to understand i get nowhere.

All of that is done already in my plugin ;). With the way I designed my plugins from the start, every variable has quotes around then to prevent null values. Any spaces in directory entries are replaced with underscored because that currently breaks all influence plugins. The temp (transcode) directory must be set in the plugin because that folder boats when Plex is transcoding so it can completely use up your ram if located on the system ram drive which means it can cause Unraid stability problems. My plugin will warm the user of this if it is incorrectly set. Also my plugin will modify the Plex INI correctly so that the transcode directory shoes up in Plex correctly this eliminating the Plex write issues some users are experiencing. 

You little beauty, will be the push I need to get onto unraid V6!

Thanks once again

I may be moving away from plex-plugin towards VM's but that is great news to hear PhAzE.  Thanks.

I've updated the plugins this morning to include python 2.7.3, recommended to update the plugins then reboot to ensure the new python is used. Nzbmegasearch added too.

If you have problems with megasearch it is likely due to another plugin using a different python version as megasearch doesn't work with newer python versions past 2.7.3 yet.

As always, please let me know if any glaring problems occur. You can always downgrade to the last version in the GUI. If you've used a previous nzbmegasearch plugin, make sure to remove the ICON on your usb config folder so you can get the new one I made. I also re-made the sickbeard logo so it looks a little cleaner, you can remove that from your USB and reload the plugin for that one too if it matters to you, otherwise don't worry about it.

I've managed to get nzbmegasearch working for unraid 5 and 6, and will update the plugins later today to use python 2.7.3 (i used this version as nzbmegasearch is not compatible with 2.7.5 and all the other apps work on 2.7.3)

The plex app is just being tested by a few to make sure the plex pass login is working, then it will be up too.

I'll have a look at the new plugin structure to see how different it is from what i've made so far.

Legend - Thanks!

NZBMegasearch is failing after a few minutes. Not sure why, I have attached the log file to help.

nzbmegasearch.txt

Hey guys,

I've added the plex plugin.  Again, since I don't have a plex pass account, I haven't been able to fully test the login, other than on another users PC which it worked.  Please try it out and let me know if you are having any problems relating to the plugin. 

Note that it checks the latest version when you open the GUI so it may take 3-5 second to load the GUI.

-=PhAzE=-

Legend - Thanks!

NZBMegasearch is failing after a few minutes. Not sure why, I have attached the log file to help.

Can you tell me which version of unraid you are running, as well as go to prompt and type "python --version" and let me know what version shows up?

@Phaze

What setting in your configuration relates to the data directory setting in Influencer's plugins?

It's the data directory on influencers plugin.

My plugins don't allow the config directory and install directory merge however because that can cause issues when upgrading our moving the config directory, so if you set the "data" Dir to the install dir it will auto create a config subdirectory.

A slight thread deviation but related, what are people using for their MySQL plugin these days ?  I'll spend the weekend moving to PhAzE's plugins and I noticed that MySQL isn't on the todo list yet.

I don't use mysql on my Unraid but when I get time I'll have a look unless someone else is in charge of that plugin.

@Phaze

What setting in your configuration relates to the data directory setting in Influencer's plugins?

My plugins don't allow the config directory and install directory merge however because that can cause issues when upgrading our moving the config directory, so if you set the "data" Dir to the install dir it will auto create a config subdirectory.

Sorry, but that confuses me more. What I am trying to do is upgrade from Influencer's plugins. With those I have a data directory mapped to folders on the cache drive so things are saved between reboots. Is that what you are calling the config directory or the admin directory?

Question on Plex.  I am looking through the script but have not loaded it yet ...

Function "plexmediaserver_change_settings()" ... this is for changes to the "config" directory setting once your plugin is all up and running?  I contrast that with the fact that right now I have an active install of plex.  I'm not comfortable loading up a test plug-in that talks about manipulating my Library.  I'd make a copy either way, but i wanted to make sure of what i was seeing.

Also, not that I'm expecting you to change it but i want to confirm that the "config" directory is where you are putting Plex Library?  Its just a confusing name to me because Plex on linux doesn't have a config directory, just a plexsettings.xml file inside the Plex Library. 

And then what are you defining as AppData files? Is that where you are storing unraid's Plex settings?

And to be clear, I'm not second guessing you.  It should be obvious from my questions I'm not a script guru.  But that is why I'm asking because I know enough to be dangerous and am naturally curious.

@Phaze

Sorry, but that confuses me more. What I am trying to do is upgrade from Influencer's plugins. With those I have a data directory mapped to folders on the cache drive so things are saved between reboots. Is that what you are calling the config directory or the admin directory?

Sorry, yes. Map config directory on my plugin to data directory on influencer plugin.

Question on Plex.  I am looking through the script but have not loaded it yet ...

Function "plexmediaserver_change_settings()" ... this is for changes to the "config" directory setting once your plugin is all up and running?  I contrast that with the fact that right now I have an active install of plex.  I'm not comfortable loading up a test plug-in that talks about manipulating my Library.  I'd make a copy either way, but i wanted to make sure of what i was seeing.

Also, not that I'm expecting you to change it but i want to confirm that the "config" directory is where you are putting Plex Library?  Its just a confusing name to me because Plex on linux doesn't have a config directory, just a plexsettings.xml file inside the Plex Library. 

And then what are you defining as AppData files? Is that where you are storing unraid's Plex settings?

And to be clear, I'm not second guessing you.  It should be obvious from my questions I'm not a script guru.  But that is why I'm asking because I know enough to be dangerous and am naturally curious.

Those are variable names. If you look at the interface shown in Unraid settings it is labeled:

- Install directory

- config/library directory

- Transcode diectory

Most people won't look at the code to see the variable names because the actual name of the variables aren't important.

You can map those 3 directories to the folders you have currently set and it should work like normal. However if you already have Plex setup and working you probably don't have to upgrade right now. I've tested it as much as I could and use it on my own Unraid setup.

I will install the old plugin tonight on mine and then install my new one to see how the transfer from one plugin to the other handles, then I will pay back here to let you know.

Sorry, yes. Map config directory on my plugin to data directory on influencer plugin.

Hmmm. This worked for Sabnzbd, but did not work for Sickbeard or Couchpotato. Both of those started up as if they were new installs.

Edit:

Turn out it was a typo. I forget how case sensitive Linux is.

Legend - Thanks!

Can you tell me which version of unraid you are running, as well as go to prompt and type "python --version" and let me know what version shows up?

unRaid 6Beta5

Python 2.7.5

I have deleted the entire package directory and installed all the plg's from scratch via terminal. All the packages have been changed over to all your ver6 plg's (except for plex at this point), so if it is calling up the wrong Python package I am not sure why.

Legend - Thanks!

unRaid 6Beta5

Python 2.7.5

I have deleted the entire package directory and installed all the plg's from scratch via terminal. All the packages have been changed over to all your ver6 plg's (except for plex at this point), so if it is calling up the wrong Python package I am not sure why.

NZBMegaSearch is not compatible with Python 2.7.5.  All of my plugins currently use python 2.7.3 for that reason, which means you have another plugin installed that is installing a newer version of python. 

You can have a look at your plugins (*.plg) files to find the one dong this, and replace the code that installs python 2.7.5 with this:

<FILE Name="/boot/packages/python-2.7.5-x86_64-1.txz" Run="upgradepkg --install-new">

<URL>http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware64-14.1/slackware64/d/python-2.7.5-x86_64-1.txz</URL>

<MD5>9b37a33a41b263c945fddb58949386f0</MD5>

</FILE>

then reboot. The only catch is, whatever plugin that is using the new version needs to be compatible with 2.7.3, which if you're using sickbeard, couchpotato, or any of those downloader apps, they all are.