PhAzE

[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

3572 posts in this topic

On 8/5/2017 at 6:22 PM, Necrotic said:

Joseph,

Did you try my process to move Emby over to the docker? how did it work out?

 

Please see the post above, I have included instructions on how to move over Sonarr.

 

Not yet, but I should have done so over the weekend after dealing with a nasty mess...

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

i would like to ask about Transmission plugin - its installed all set, working.

BUT - soon as i reboot the unRAID its stops (even set to auto start) and when is go to Unraid - Setting - Transmission - it gives me option "Install plugin" so i have to install and Start afterwards (all settings and everything stays the same). Any clue why is this happening? or what i need to check and where? maybe some folder rights or something...

 

thanks

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, killeriq said:

Hello,

 

i would like to ask about Transmission plugin - its installed all set, working.

BUT - soon as i reboot the unRAID its stops (even set to auto start) and when is go to Unraid - Setting - Transmission - it gives me option "Install plugin" so i have to install and Start afterwards (all settings and everything stays the same). Any clue why is this happening? or what i need to check and where? maybe some folder rights or something...

 

thanks

You should be using a docker for Transmission. Looks like you only joined the forum long after dockers were available, so why did you use a plugin for this?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hmm ive installed it via the APPs as plugin...was working, so didnt bother so use something else.

Did use the Transmission-VPN docker , but now i have VPN on Router level so no need of this docker...

---

So this plugin doesnt behave properly anymore and its better to use that Docker version?

 

Thanks

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, killeriq said:

hmm ive installed it via the APPs as plugin...was working, so didnt bother so use something else.

Did use the Transmission-VPN docker , but now i have VPN on Router level so no need of this docker...

---

So this plugin doesnt behave properly anymore and its better to use that Docker version?

 

Thanks

It's better to use dockers for anything as long as a docker is available. These plugins on this thread appear to be unsupported now, and all of these applications are available as dockers.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Everyone, sorry for the super long intermission. Certain aspects of my life have required a whole lot of attention with regards to one of my family members so I've been up to my eyeballs in events, meetings, and assessments for that.  That being said, i also upgraded my phone (where i always received messages from this forum) and didn't even realize I was no longer receiving those messages. Fun times!

 

I think for many people, especially when running Unraid 6.2 or newer, the best bet would be to start migrating over to dockers where possible.  I will have a look over the next few weeks at updating some of the plugins so that they are working again, but still recommend migrating over when you get a chance.  I suspect I am going to have a lot less time to work on these in the future and they are a little complicated to hand over to anyone else unless they really want to put in the effort to learn how they work.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of the Unraid stuff. great to see you back @PhAzE

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CHBMB said:

Regardless of the Unraid stuff. great to see you back @PhAzE

+1

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Regardless of the Unraid stuff. great to see you back @PhAzE

 

+1 million on this, I'm not a fan of dockers and still love using the toolset of Phaze's plugins :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tophicles said:

I'm not a fan of dockers

Why?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, PhAzE said:

Hey Everyone, sorry for the super long intermission. Certain aspects of my life have required a whole lot of attention with regards to one of my family members so I've been up to my eyeballs in events, meetings, and assessments for that.  That being said, i also upgraded my phone (where i always received messages from this forum) and didn't even realize I was no longer receiving those messages. Fun times!

 

I think for many people, especially when running Unraid 6.2 or newer, the best bet would be to start migrating over to dockers where possible.  I will have a look over the next few weeks at updating some of the plugins so that they are working again, but still recommend migrating over when you get a chance.  I suspect I am going to have a lot less time to work on these in the future and they are a little complicated to hand over to anyone else unless they really want to put in the effort to learn how they work.  

Sorry to hear about all you and your family have been going thru, I hope it all gets better soon.

I know at some point you had discussed that due to your availability, you were thinking about offering people a way to move them off your plugins thru a script into dockers. I have already finished my transition to dockers but in case you wish to go down that route, I provided instructions in some posts before on how to transition Sonarr and Emby over to docker, maybe you can create a script for others. Unfortunately, those are only 2 out of the many you have but I guess they may be popular.

 

Great to see you around, and once again thanks for your awesome plugins. Even with you away they kept working with some tips from others in the community to correct some issues.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Necrotic  Might be useful if you provided a link to your instructions, I'm sure some folk here will be mighty grateful. ;-)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

@Necrotic  Might be useful if you provided a link to your instructions, I'm sure some folk here will be mighty grateful. ;-)

 

It was in the previous page included both, but this is a constantly losing battle as it get buried behind. I can't keep pushing it up without annoying/spamming people.

But since you asked, here is a copy of both of the posts below. Hopefully someone with linux experience can look it over and improve it / convert it into a script, I just pieced together with my very limited experience but seems to have worked for me.

 

On 6/21/2017 at 10:38 PM, Necrotic said:

Guys,

 

I am on the same boat as everyone else. I love what Phaze made, it was intuitive, simple and was superbly supported for a long time. However, things change and Phaze himself wanted to see a way to transition away from what I remember. I haven't completed my move to dockers, but I started with what I could (Emby). So far, my move seems to have gone ok and I haven't run into any issues.

Hopefully someone can grab my steps in the post below and help create a migration script to automate the move of Emby from Phaze plugin into the official docker for other people.

 

 

On 8/5/2017 at 7:20 PM, Necrotic said:

I spent some time today transitioning over from the Phaze Sonarr to Linuxserver Sonarr Docker so I could keep all my settings.

Below is the process I followed.

 

1) I had already created a new folder in my appdata folder called apps (where all my dockers are going) when I did Emby transition. I then created a folder inside apps called sonarr.

2) Shut down my Phaze Sonarr plugin. Started the sonarr docker, let it run for a minute or two until its complete. Then stopped it.

3) Using SMB I copied the following files/folders over from the Phaze folder into the docker sonarr folder (phaze has an additional Appdata within the nzbdrone folder):

Logs, MediaCover, logs.db, nzbdrone.db

4) Logged into the console. Changed to the Sonarr Docker folder (mnt/cache/appdata/apps/sonarr).

5) Used the following commands(NOTE: my media path may be different than yours, please adjust accordingly):

sqlite3 nzbdrone.db "UPDATE Series SET Path = replace( Path, '/mnt/user/TV-Shows', '/tv' ) WHERE Path LIKE '/mnt/user/TV-Shows%'"
sqlite3 nzbdrone.db "UPDATE RootFolders SET Path = replace( Path, '/mnt/user/TV-Shows', '/tv' ) WHERE Path LIKE '/mnt/user/TV-Shows%'"

6) Started the docker

7) Went to Sonarr UI. Under settings found Download Client, under Sabnzbd I had to go in and change the IP from localhost to my actual server IP. Test the download client.

NOTE: I did some preliminary testing (including filling one episode, adding new series, etc) and seems to be working for me. I will keep an eye out and update if I find any issues. For now I have shut down the Phaze plugin but kept the folders in case I need to roll back. As usual, use it at your own risk.

 

PS. Thanks for hurricanehrnz for helping me figure out the sqlite stuff which I was able to adapt for my sonarr transition as well.

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice one, personally I don't favour doing it with a script.  Problem with scripts is people will blindly run it, and if it doesn't work or worse still damages their install you're going to have a very unhappy bunny on your hands.

 

At least with running this limited set of commands there's some human involvement and hopefully thought in the process.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the easy way would actually to just install the docker for the app, create a new host path that is the same both in the docker and on the host (matching the path to your PhAzE plugin config for that app) and start it up. That way any plugin can switch without having to edit the DB in any way. 

 

Also, set the network to 'host' and you can keep the same ports and everything without issue. You may need to map your downloads directory and media directory the same as the PhAzE plugin also on the Docker for it to start and work as is, but I am going to try to script it so it's dirt easy.

Edited by PhAzE
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, PhAzE said:

I think the easy way would actually to just install the docker for the app, create a new host path that is the same both in the docker and on the host (matching the path to your PhAzE plugin config for that app) and start it up. That way any plugin can switch without having to edit the DB in any way. 

 

Also, set the network to 'host' and you can keep the same ports and everything without issue. You may need to map your downloads directory and media directory the same as the PhAzE plugin also on the Docker for it to start and work as is, but I am going to try to script it so it's dirt easy.

Most dockers advise against using absolute paths so either the config directory, download directory (to match the signal from Sab) and/or the media folders end up being different thru mapping (hence why I had to do a conversion in the DB for sonarr and emby). Don't you think that pushing so many changes from the established docker suggestions may cause more problems for support down the line?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My unraid machine downloads files snatched with sickrage. The file is put in a handbrake watch folder and encoded to x265. Handbrake puts the encoded file in the folder sickrage post processes from. Problem is it moves my files before they are done encoding. 

 

Is there a setting in sickrage like “minutes file must remain same size before processing”? I know you can set it to delay if sync files are present but handbrake does not put sync files in that folder. Any suggestions, or work around?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hyphymikey said:

My unraid machine downloads files snatched with sickrage. The file is put in a handbrake watch folder and encoded to x265. Handbrake puts the encoded file in the folder sickrage post processes from. Problem is it moves my files before they are done encoding. 

 

Is there a setting in sickrage like “minutes file must remain same size before processing”? I know you can set it to delay if sync files are present but handbrake does not put sync files in that folder. Any suggestions, or work around?

Does handbrake have the option to move folders after processing?

If so just set Handbrake to pickup from completed downloaded folder, transcode then move to a folder Sickrage watches for completed downloads.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Does handbrake have the option to move folders after processing?

If so just set Handbrake to pickup from completed downloaded folder, transcode then move to a folder Sickrage watches for completed downloads.

 

Not that I can find. As of now it just pick ups from download folder and transcodes straight into another folder, but does not move AFTER it is transcoded. This would solve my problem for sure, but I am not sure it can be configured that way.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On August 5, 2017 at 6:22 PM, Necrotic said:

Joseph,

Did you try my process to move Emby over to the docker? how did it work out?

 

Please see the post above, I have included instructions on how to move over Sonarr.

 

UPDATE:

I ran a scan media library and now everything is GONE!  Any thoughts? 

 

NO FREAKIN' WAY!!!

The Emby conversion from the plugin to the docker seems to be working without a hitch... However, I had to make some modifications to your instructions.

(Note: For some reason I have 2 folders for the emby plugin "appdata/Emby" & "appdata/Embyserver". Perhaps I set things up incorrectly.)

 

NOTE: Use at your own risk, the below proceedure is reconstructed from my various attempts but it should be ok.

1) Created a new folder in my appdata folder called apps (where all my dockers are going). Then created one within it called EmbyServer.

2) Shut down my Phaze plugin. Started the docker, let it run for a minute or two until its complete. [Not sure what you meant by complete] Then stopped it.

3) I saved encoding.xml from the appdata/apps/EmbyServer/data folder to another place. [This file was actually in located in "appdata/Emby/config"]

4) Changed directory to the Phaze folder (appdata/Embyserver).

5) Used this command "sudo cp -rp * /mnt/cache/appdata/apps/EmbyServer"

5a) Changed directory to the Phaze folder (appdata/Emby).

5b) Used this command "sudo cp -rp * /mnt/cache/appdata/apps/EmbyServer"

6) Copied back the encoding.xml file I had saved back into the appdata/apps/EmbyServer/data [because I originally found it in the /config dir. I copied it to both "/data" & "/config"]

7) Changed back to the folder appdata/apps/EmbyServer/data

8) Used the following commands:

sqlite3 library.db "UPDATE TypedBaseItems SET Path = replace( Path, '/mnt/cache/appdata/Embyserver', '/config' ) WHERE Path LIKE '/mnt/cache/appdata/Embyserver%'"

sqlite3 library.db "UPDATE TypedBaseItems SET Images = replace( Images, '/mnt/cache/appdata/Embyserver', '/config' ) WHERE Images LIKE '/mnt/cache/appdata/Embyserver%'"

8a) Freaked out a little.

9) Started the docker

10) And there was much rejoicing! Tears after running scan media library

 

I'm going to do more testing to see if everything is working as it should be. Thank you so much for posting a way to migrate the library. You saved me hours of frustration.

 

Edited by Joseph
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Joseph said:

 

UPDATE:

I ran a scan media library and now everything is GONE!  Any thoughts? 

 

NO FREAKIN' WAY!!!

The Emby conversion from the plugin to the docker seems to be working without a hitch... However, I had to make some modifications to your instructions.

(Note: For some reason I have 2 folders for the emby plugin "appdata/Emby" & "appdata/Embyserver". Perhaps I set things up incorrectly.)

 

NOTE: Use at your own risk, the below proceedure is reconstructed from my various attempts but it should be ok.

1) Created a new folder in my appdata folder called apps (where all my dockers are going). Then created one within it called EmbyServer.

2) Shut down my Phaze plugin. Started the docker, let it run for a minute or two until its complete. [Not sure what you meant by complete] Then stopped it.

3) I saved encoding.xml from the appdata/apps/EmbyServer/data folder to another place. [This file was actually in located in "appdata/Emby/config"]

4) Changed directory to the Phaze folder (appdata/Embyserver).

5) Used this command "sudo cp -rp * /mnt/cache/appdata/apps/EmbyServer"

5a) Changed directory to the Phaze folder (appdata/Emby).

5b) Used this command "sudo cp -rp * /mnt/cache/appdata/apps/EmbyServer"

6) Copied back the encoding.xml file I had saved back into the appdata/apps/EmbyServer/data [because I originally found it in the /config dir. I copied it to both "/data" & "/config"]

7) Changed back to the folder appdata/apps/EmbyServer/data

8) Used the following commands:

sqlite3 library.db "UPDATE TypedBaseItems SET Path = replace( Path, '/mnt/cache/appdata/Embyserver', '/config' ) WHERE Path LIKE '/mnt/cache/appdata/Embyserver%'"

sqlite3 library.db "UPDATE TypedBaseItems SET Images = replace( Images, '/mnt/cache/appdata/Embyserver', '/config' ) WHERE Images LIKE '/mnt/cache/appdata/Embyserver%'"

8a) Freaked out a little.

9) Started the docker

10) And there was much rejoicing! Tears after running scan media library

 

I'm going to do more testing to see if everything is working as it should be. Thank you so much for posting a way to migrate the library. You saved me hours of frustration.

 

If the links arent right, it wipes the database and starts over (basically it didn't find the files so it wipes it from DB). Please see the last part about the docker mappings.

2* I meant that you could access the emby docker it thru the browser, that way it should have created all the base files.

3* You are right, I will correct this. But please note that I am saving the version created by the docker, and then putting it back in after the move. The path you have shown is Phaze folder.

5* My Phaze folder was different than yours it seems. This may explain one part (please make sure you figure out which is right, go look up in the settings page in unraid to see which is the right path). Also please note that I am purposely moving the docker configs to appdata/apps/EmbyServer to avoid confusion.

6* You were right, do only config.

8* Its ok, you still keep the Phaze folder so you can always redo it.

 

*IMPORTANT*: When you set up the Docker, use the following mappings:

"/mnt /mnt"

"/config /mnt/user/appdata/apps/EmbyServer"

NOTE: Even though I selected it as /mnt/cache/...It turns it into user by itself...

 

So I want you to do the following (please check to find out what is supposed to be the correct phaze folder and make sure it matches below):

- Stop the docker

- Go in console, move to /mnt/cache/appdata/apps/EmbyServer. You want to delete everything in there but I don't know the command off the top of my head (it might be like sit within it and "rmdir -rf *" or "rm -rf *" from within that folder, make sure you are sitting in the docker one and not phaze)

- Start over from point 2, Except when you get to point #8 use the following commands instead:

sqlite3 library.db "UPDATE TypedBaseItems SET Path = replace( Path, '/mnt/cache/appdata/Emby', '/config' ) WHERE Path LIKE '/mnt/cache/appdata/Emby%'"

sqlite3 library.db "UPDATE TypedBaseItems SET Images = replace( Images, '/mnt/cache/appdata/Emby', '/config' ) WHERE Images LIKE '/mnt/cache/appdata/Emby%'"

 

Note: I have updated the original post, you may want to go see it again.

Edit 2: I am not using chapter extraction, if you are then perhaps you need a similar command to fix those. Just let me know and I will see how we figure it out.

Edited by Necrotic
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

Copyright © 2005-2017 Lime Technology, Inc. unRAID® is a registered trademark of Lime Technology, Inc.