[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

2 hours ago, datruedave said:

Basically, I want to do what I need to do to make sure my server keeps working, and then I want to forget about it.  Maybe look in on it every few months and upgrade things.

If you have a Set It and Forget It server then it is absolutely critical that you setup Notifications to alert you by email or other agent as soon as Unraid detects any problems. Have you done this?

2 hours ago, datruedave said:

First of all, I don't particularly want to learn anything about linux, Unraid, dockers, or even Plex.  I just want that stuff to work.  If I could pay a hundred bucks for someone to magically upgrade my plugin to a docker, I would.

2 hours ago, dysolve said:

Seriously, the easiest thing to do is look up a guy called space invader one on YouTube and find his community applications video and follow it 

Space Invader's videos are da bomb! I'm in the newbie camp myself and his tutorials are useful and easy to follow. He's very methodical and detailed. Usually if he tells you that need certain things, there are texts/links in the description so you can just cut n paste. Once things are humming along you can for the most part have a set it and forget it box--but because unRaid is so powerful, I think you'll always want to do more with it. Hang in there!! :)

12 hours ago, trurl said:

If you have a Set It and Forget It server then it is absolutely critical that you setup Notifications to alert you by email or other agent as soon as Unraid detects any problems. Have you done this?

Yep.  And everything has been running smooth.  Had to replace a couple of drives over the years (and upgrade my parity), but no problems.  I upgrade Unraid to the latest version and the server keeps on keeping on.  I'll tell you, I was shocked to read here that my Plex server shouldn't be running!

I'll have to check out these SpaceInvader YouTube vids.  Sounds very helpful.  Thanks, everyone!

Edited by datruedave
On 11/28/2018 at 8:11 AM, trurl said:

If plex is the only docker you ever intend to run, then it is probably a simple matter to translate your Plex plugin settings to entries for the linuxserver Plex template. Maybe if you post your plugin settings we can make suggestions.

Well, if I must change, I suppose I should change in the manner that makes me the most future-proof and offers the most long-term support.  I appreciate the offer, though!

Oh, I also have Phaze's Transmission plugin.  It doesn't have to run on the Unraid server, but it's kinda nice that it does.  I suppose there's a docker solution for that, too.  I'll just have to find the time to read up on this docker stuff, and then find the time to tinker with my server.

Thanks for the help, everyone!

4 minutes ago, datruedave said:

Transmission plugin...  I suppose there's a docker solution for that, too.

Yes. I recommend linuxserver Plex and Transmission. I use both. If you haven't already you should install Community Applications plugin. It is the preferred way to install any docker or any other plugin in Unraid.