:: There are 2 providers available for java-runtime:

:: Repository extra

1) jre7-openjdk

:: Repository unraid6repo

2) jdk7

Enter a number (default=1):

If I select 2), then I get:

":: Retrieving packages ...

error: failed retrieving file 'jdk7-7.51-1-x86_64.pkg.tar' from unraidrepo.ktz.me : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found"

and the install aborts.

If I select 1), then jre7-openjdk and madsonic both install OK, but I get various problems with error messages pointing to Java, etc

Please help!

Nic

Hi

When booting the VM I get the below error while creating the bridge. Does anyone have any ideas?

libxl: error: libxl_exec.c:118:libxl_report_child_exitstatus: /etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge online [2600] exited with error status 1

libxl: error: libxl_device.c:1021:device_hotplug_child_death_cb: script: Could not find bridge device br0

libxl: error: libxl_create.c:1115:domcreate_attach_vtpms: unable to add nic devices

libxl: error: libxl_exec.c:118:libxl_report_child_exitstatus: /etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge offline [2636] exited with error status 1

libxl: error: libxl_device.c:1021:device_hotplug_child_death_cb: script: Could not find bridge device br0

Hi

When booting the VM I get the below error while creating the bridge. Does anyone have any ideas?

libxl: error: libxl_exec.c:118:libxl_report_child_exitstatus: /etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge online [2600] exited with error status 1

libxl: error: libxl_create.c:1115:domcreate_attach_vtpms: unable to add nic devices

libxl: error: libxl_exec.c:118:libxl_report_child_exitstatus: /etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge offline [2636] exited with error status 1

Did you setup the bridge in unRAID Network Settings?

Please if someone can assist me I am experiencing a problem regarding the "keeping open" of the nfs shares.

I tried setting up a cron job as suggested but it has not alleviated this problem.

uTserver has an option in preferences:

" Move completed downloads to:"

However this option is greyed out after a short while after setting it. (Disabled). I believe this is because, if i manually remove that directory, utorrent detects the folder is inacessible and disables this setting. I believe the nfs share becomes "inacessible" to utorrent after a while when it checks, so it disables the option automatically.

If anyone could share their opinion on this matter I would appreciate any advice/questions.

Thanks

Nokoff

Problem with madsonic and JRE. 

When I install masonic I get two options:

[root@IronicsArchVM_v4 ~]# pacman -S madsonic

resolving dependencies...

1) jre7-openjdk

2) jdk7

error: failed retrieving file 'jdk7-7.51-1-x86_64.pkg.tar' from unraidrepo.ktz.me : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found"

and the install aborts.

If I select 1), then jre7-openjdk and madsonic both install OK, but I get various problems with error messages pointing to Java, etc

Please help!

Nic

Sorry I did see your PM but its deadline day tomorrow. I'll fix it next week.

:)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Problem with madsonic and JRE. 

When I install masonic I get two options:

[root@IronicsArchVM_v4 ~]# pacman -S madsonic

resolving dependencies...

1) jre7-openjdk

2) jdk7

and the install aborts.

Please help!

Nic

i too have had ongoing issues with madsonic (compiled myself, NOT from ironbadger's repo), i had issues with coverart not showing and also several java crashes when navigating around the webui, the fix for me was to re-install jre7-openjdk-headless AFTER the install of madsonic, this then magically fixes the crashes and artwork issues, been working smoothly for me ever since!.

jre7-openjdk-headless is part of the offical repo, so to re-install issue a "pacman -S jre7-openjdk-headless" to reinstall, let me know how you get on.

binhex.

Is there any way to secure NFS shares on an UnRAID box and still access them r/w from ArchVM? If I make the NFS shares public, I have no problems. If I set them to Private, I can not get read/write access (solely read-only), no matter which options I specify.

Right now I am using CIFS, but whenever I move files over to the UnRAID cache drive from the VM disk, I get "xen_netfront: xennet: skb rides the rocket: 19 slots" errors.

Any ideas?

Just wanted to swing by and ask about the "skb rides the rocket" message as well. I'm seeing that message when scanning shows through sickbeard on an NFS mount. Share configured as identified in the first post.

EDIT: after a bit more playing around, it doesn't kick in until I turn on btsync and start syncing files

Thanks again for the great guide, and the VM already setup for us.  I've been working thru this, and getting things setup for most of the afternoon, resolving one issue after another.  I finally have my SAB config and incomplete downloads into the VM application; yay!!

However, now I realize that the VM doesn't have internet access :(

I've not done anything beyond what is shown in the guide, so I'm wondering if I have to share the Ethernet with the VM for this to work.

I was working on something yesterday and realized that I am unable to ping the outside internet from within Putty, so it might be related.  I've tried to figure out what is causing this problem with Putty, but getting the VM setup has taken priority all day.

So, I guess my question is, should I have internet access from SABnzbd in the VM without doing anything special, or do I need to do something  special, and if so, what?

Now that I think about it, the VM must have internet access, since I was able to pacman install SAB, so now I'm confused as to why SAB isn't downloading anything.

My bad.  It was because there was only 14GB available for the downloads because it defaulted to storing on the VM itself, which has little room.  Once I changed the download location, it started downloading.  It seemed like it wasn't because it was trying to download a file that had been nuked, so it still didn't show any KB/s data, but once it killed that file, and went to the next one, it started working.

**I was NOT happy that I had to remove every download in the queue to be able to change the download location!!  Took a while to figure that out.  Bad program design there :(

Hi Guys, I would like to know if anyone knows a solution to write access permission problem as ArchVM sickbeard/root user, when Adding new show in Sickbeard i get the following error:

Unable to add show
Unable to create the folder /net/192.168.1.16/mnt/user/Series/<ShowName>, can't add the show

Any ideas?

Regards, Nokoff

I am not criticizing your selection at all,  I just do not know Arch at all,  I am used to Centos, Debian, and Ubuntu.

With that in mind, for what features and reasons did you select Arch?

Again this is in no way me thinking or saying another Linux would be better,  I am honestly curious and would like to know

I am not criticizing your selection at all,  I just do not know Arch at all,  I am used to Centos, Debian, and Ubuntu.

Again this is in no way me thinking or saying another Linux would be better,  I am honestly curious and would like to know

From the first post:

I chose Arch Linux to base this particular VM on because of the way in handles software / packages in addition to it's tiny footprint on disk and in RAM. Arch Linux, just like every other Linux distro, makes use of things called 'repositories' that store packages ready for you to download. The main Arch repo's have a huge array of packages already, but they notably don't include 'those kind of apps' that we use heavily on a media server - this is where the Arch User Repository (AUR) comes in.

I get that,  but that applies to a large range of Linux flavors.  The only thing that stands out in the first post is that "because of the way it handles software / packages"  lets look at that line,  what is it like vs Debian's "Advanced Package Tool/APT" or Centos's "Yellow dog Updater, Modified/YUM"

Again,  I don't really know Arch,  just want more info before I might start using a different Linux flavor then I am used to.

TBH I want to know if he picked Arch mostly cause he was more familiar with it ( no complaint there,  if I was doing the same thing I would stick with a flavor of Linux I know the best )  or if there was something in particular that makes it better for this environment.

From the first post:

I chose Arch Linux to base this particular VM on because of the way in handles software / packages in addition to it's tiny footprint on disk and in RAM. Arch Linux, just like every other Linux distro, makes use of things called 'repositories' that store packages ready for you to download. The main Arch repo's have a huge array of packages already, but they notably don't include 'those kind of apps' that we use heavily on a media server - this is where the Arch User Repository (AUR) comes in.

I'm in the same position, I don't know Arch at all.

However, I think I will try learn Arch after re-reading this thread again.

Prior to release of unRAID v6, I remember that some were suggesting that ArchLinux might be a better platform than Slackware for unRAID.

When I was looking for a lightweight distribution to run on a Raspberry Pi to host some network services, I elected to try Arch (after an aborted attempt to use OpenWRT).  ArchLinux went together easily on the Pi and, having learned a few of the quirks, I decided that I liked it.  I was very happy, therefore, to find that Arch was the first proper distribution of a Linux VM intended for use on unRAID/Xen.

I am in the early stages of configuring a second ArchVM with xfce to host jdownloader and am now considering the possibility of replacing Ubuntu as my distro of choice for my desktop machines

Let me list a few reasons:

I use arch myself, so my familiarity is highest with it at this point in history.

AUR has the unique ability to upvote (and down) packages which makes it easier for me to tell what's going to happen once a user installs it.

Arch is always up to date. So there's no chance of in 6 months everyone's VMs all breaking at the same time which would suck for you, but imagine my inbox!!

On that note the packages in repos are always the latest available. You go install say... Xbmc in debian and I believe you get v11 from the repo. A bad example sure, but highlights the problem nicely.

I don't think the OS makes much of a difference when you consider most of the interaction with the VM is done via webGUIs and the like. Its just a tool to get the job done.

Finally, I think the fact that no one else has released a VM yet shows my maybe choice was a good one. If the existing options just work then why do you need choice? Duno, feeling a bit proud lately its all worked so well since release.

Enjoy my 2 cents. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Question for you guys - is there a difference / impact to having the plex library on my cache drive vs. creating an img file as outlined in Badger's first post? I recently moved my plex library to my cache drive in my apps folder (cache only) and i've been noticing that its crashing randomly, even when not in use. I haven't tried the img yet to see if the issue remains. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi folks,

I've had NZBGET working fine for over a week now, but today it apparently crashed and now it won't start back up.  I've tried restarting the service and the VM itself, with no luck.  My CouchPotato and NZBDrone are still working fine.  What can I check to see what's going on? 

Thanks,

Doug