PlexWatch and PlexWatchWeb - install.sh - unRAID 5.* only (until webserver)

Total Noob question, but in the 1st post, it states that curl must be installed...as well as Dynamix running a web server.

Do you walk though the curl install, or must I do that prior to following the how-to?

If so, how can I install Curl?

Thanks!

I would install dynamix and its webserver plugin first.  Curl should be there in 5.0.4 for sure (I can't personally speak to earlier versions, I think it is though). You can make sure you have curl by tying "which curl" it should give its  location. If you have any problems feel free to PM me.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would install dynamix and its webserver plugin first.  Curl should be there in 5.0.4 for sure (I can't personally speak to earlier versions, I think it is though). You can make sure you have curl by tying "which curl" it should give its  location. If you have any problems feel free to PM me.

I have Dynamix and its webserver installed and running on 5.05, so it sounds like curl shouldn't be an issue.

If I run into trouble I'll PM you. Thanks for the help.

plexWatch added a new feature to track "Recently Added" into Plex.  The commands below will add in that feature.  This assumes you used the default install path of /mnt/cache/appdata.  If you changed it, please change these paths as well.

Run

echo "echo '* * * * *' /usr/bin/perl /mnt/cache/appdata/plexWatch/plexWatch.pl --recently_added=movie,tv >> /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root" >> /boot/config/go

this will add a command to add into /boot/config/go to add back the cron job after restart

Then run

echo '* * * * *' /usr/bin/perl /mnt/cache/appdata/plexWatch/plexWatch.pl --recently_added=movie,tv >> /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root

This will add it to cron for the current run.

Then run

killall crond && crond

to restart cron

Updated main install script for new users

plexWatch added a new feature to track "Recently Added" into Plex.  The commands below will add in that feature.  This assumes you used the default install path of /mnt/cache/appdata.  If you changed it, please change these paths as well.

Run

echo "echo '* * * * *' /usr/bin/perl /mnt/cache/appdata/plexWatch/plexWatch.pl --recently_added=movie,tv >> /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root" >> /boot/config/go

this will add a command to add into /boot/config/go to add back the cron job after restart

Then run

echo '* * * * *' /usr/bin/perl /mnt/cache/appdata/plexWatch/plexWatch.pl --recently_added=movie,tv >> /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root

This will add it to cron for the current run.

Then run

killall crond && crond

to restart cron

Updated main install script for new users

Just a FYI. After doing this, I had to add "--notify" to the command to get both watching and recently added notifications. Not sure if it'll affect others the same way, but just in case... Don't forget to add it to both your "go" file and the cron file. The complete command should look like:

/usr/bin/perl /mnt/cache/appdata/plexWatch/plexWatch.pl --notify --recently_added=movie,tv 

How does it notify? If I only use plexwatchweb for storing histories, I do not need that right?

I only use it for storying history of watched items as well and do not have that in my cronjob.  Apparently plexWatch (just the command line version) can send out notifications of when content gets added.  I just watch my sab history for that.

How does it notify? If I only use plexwatchweb for storing histories, I do not need that right?

I only use it for storying history of watched items as well and do not have that in my cronjob.  Apparently plexWatch (just the command line version) can send out notifications of when content gets added.  I just watch my sab history for that.

You're right. If you're just using it for PWWeb then you don't need this flag. I'm using it so that PW send me push notifications to my phone when media is being accessed on my server.

I could use some help in getting an installation of this over the finish line.

I followed all of the instructions in the OP and have plexWatch and plexWatchWeb both running through a Dynamix web server. I can reach plexWatchWeb in my browser and plexWatchWeb can talk to my PMS install enough to get statistics on the number of movies and talk to plexWatch enough to get the correct version number on the config page.

However, on index.php, I have an error message of "Failed to access plexWatch database. Please check your settings." As a result, plexWatchWeb is not able to pull any data whatsoever including usage history, IP logging, etc. It also doesn't display any "Now Watching" or "Recently Added" data from PMS. I tripled checked and the plexWatch.db file location is correctly placed in the admin as well as the actual config.php file with no extra spaces.

I'm pretty stumped. Any ideas?

I followed all of the instructions in the OP and have plexWatch and plexWatchWeb both running through a Dynamix web server. I can reach plexWatchWeb in my browser and plexWatchWeb can talk to my PMS install enough to get statistics on the number of movies and talk to plexWatch enough to get the correct version number on the config page.

However, on index.php, I have an error message of "Failed to access plexWatch database. Please check your settings." As a result, plexWatchWeb is not able to pull any data whatsoever including usage history, IP logging, etc. It also doesn't display any "Now Watching" or "Recently Added" data from PMS. I tripled checked and the plexWatch.db file location is correctly placed in the admin as well as the actual config.php file with no extra spaces.

Do you have a plexpass?

Do you have a plexpass?

Totally forgot it needs plexpass.....

Do you have a plexpass?

Totally forgot it needs plexpass.....

Just thought I would make sure all bases were covered and I have a strong hunch that will solve the issue

Damn, alright did you configure the \mnt\cache\appdata\plexWatch\config.pl and set your username and password?

$myPlex_user = 'DToX';

$myPlex_pass = 'randompasswordhere';

Yep.

Sorry that this is so tricky!

Can you post the output of this command

/mnt/cache/appdata/plexWatch/plexWatch.pl -watched

My sincere apologies for following n00b question. I'm already stuck at step 1.

Running

curl https://raw.github.com/smdion/pw/master/install.sh | sudo sh

installs the dependencies just fine to the extra folder.

To which location do I download install.sh. I guess I should not run it from my Mac?

Thanks a lot!

edit: I'm making some progress.... I ran the Install script from my cache drive and as far as I can tell it 1)installs the dependencies in the extra folder, 2) creates the directories and 3) edits crontab.

However the install directories stay empty and my go file is not changed.

Again, apologies for my n00bish question, but I really would like to get this up and running.

Thanks!

Can you post the output of this command

/mnt/cache/appdata/plexWatch/plexWatch.pl -watched

*Optimizing grouped table...Done

======================================== Watched ===============================
=========

Date Range: Anytime through Now

======================================== Watched ===============================
=========

Date Range: Anytime through Now

* nothing watched

My sincere apologies for following n00b question. I'm already stuck at step 1.

Running

curl https://raw.github.com/smdion/pw/master/install.sh | sudo sh

installs the dependencies just fine to the extra folder.

To which location do I download install.sh. I guess I should not run it from my Mac?

Thanks a lot!

edit: I'm making some progress.... I ran the Install script from my cache drive and as far as I can tell it 1)installs the dependencies in the extra folder, 2) creates the directories and 3) edits crontab.

However the install directories stay empty and my go file is not changed.

Again, apologies for my n00bish question, but I really would like to get this up and running.

Thanks!

Run the below command and post the output

ls -l /mnt/cache/appdata/plexWatch

Thanks a lot for your help!

I changed the script with alternative install directories

#Edit following 2 lines to change install directories
location=/mnt/cache/_Usenet/appdata
webroot=/mnt/cache/_Usenet/appdata/www

Output:

root@Server:~# ls -l /mnt/cache/appdata/plexWatch
/bin/ls: cannot access /mnt/cache/appdata/plexWatch: No such file or directory
root@Server:~# ls -l /mnt/cache/_Usenet/appdata/plexWatch
/bin/ls: cannot access /mnt/cache/_Usenet/appdata/plexWatch: No such file or directory

For sake of completeness, the script creates ../_Usenet/appdata and ../_Usenet/appdata/www. However those directories remain empty.