bonienl

Dynamix - System Temp

On 3/27/2017 at 1:22 PM, ufopinball said:

Hi bonienl, I would also like to echo my thanks for your plugin.  I just upgraded my unRAID to use the new AMD Ryzen 1800X 8-core CPU, with the ASUS Prime X370-PRO motherboard.  I had to disable to existing Dynamix System Temp plugin because it was still expecting sensors from the previous system, and therefore was causing system instability.

Looking around, I found this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/618nyc/linux_lmsensors_it87_support_for_some_am4/#bottom-comments

They're discussing an update to the it87 driver that supports a chip (?) called IT8665E used on some X370 motherboards.

I added a fresh copy of the Dynamix System Temp plugin, but at present these sensor options don't seem to be available.

In order to support the newer drivers, does this require an update to the Dynamix System Temp plugin, or a newer unRAID?  I'm running unRAID 6.3.2 PRO.

Thanks!!

- Bill

Hi Bill,

Did you get this working? I have a very similar build and haven't figured out how to get the system temps working with it yet.

Regards,

On 7/2/2017 at 9:44 PM, itsdandandan said:

Hi Bill,

Did you get this working? I have a very similar build and haven't figured out how to get the system temps working with it yet.

Regards,

Yes, well sort of anyway.  The full details are posted in another thread:

https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/55150-anybody-planning-a-ryzen-build/?page=19#comment-563450

It's definitely an interim solution, though I don't know if/when a more official solution will be made available.

Let me know if you have problems getting this working...

- Bill

Posted (edited)
On 7/9/2017 at 7:19 PM, ufopinball said:

https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/55150-anybody-planning-a-ryzen-build/?page=19#comment-563450

It's definitely an interim solution, though I don't know if/when a more official solution will be made available.

- Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks! Working perfectly, did yours say what temperature was what? Mine just says temp1, temp2, temp3 etc as attached.

unRAIDTempSnip.PNG

EDIT: Don't worry, ran some CPU Stress tests and figured it out

Edited by itsdandandan

20 hours ago, itsdandandan said:

Hi Bill,

Thanks! Working perfectly, did yours say what temperature was what? Mine just says temp1, temp2, temp3 etc as attached.

unRAIDTempSnip.PNG

EDIT: Don't worry, ran some CPU Stress tests and figured it out

Looks good, which CPU and MB do you have?  My Ryzen 1800X idles at 42c (at best) with nothing running but unRAID.  All dockers and VMs are stopped.  The only thing "loaded" is a window to the web UI on the "Main" tab to show the current temp.  The UPS is reporting 45 watts, and that's with all drives spun down.

If you're getting lower 30s, I'm wondering what I may be doing wrong?  Chip isn't overclocked or anything.  I guess 45 watts isn't *bad*, but if it could be better, I'd like to find out what I'm doing differently.  My specs are in my signature.

Thanks!

- Bill

On 7/9/2017 at 3:19 AM, ufopinball said:

- Bill

Same here, thanks bonienl for providing this plugin and kudos to Bill for the interim solution.   

On 7/14/2017 at 6:14 PM, ufopinball said:

Looks good, which CPU and MB do you have?  My Ryzen 1800X idles at 42c (at best) with nothing running but unRAID.  All dockers and VMs are stopped.  The only thing "loaded" is a window to the web UI on the "Main" tab to show the current temp.  The UPS is reporting 45 watts, and that's with all drives spun down.

If you're getting lower 30s, I'm wondering what I may be doing wrong?  Chip isn't overclocked or anything.  I guess 45 watts isn't *bad*, but if it could be better, I'd like to find out what I'm doing differently.  My specs are in my signature.

Thanks!

- Bill

Hi Bill,

I have the same motherboard as you but only have a Ryzen 1700 with the stock cooler. Also have the Fractal Design Define R5 which seems to have pretty good airflow.

Regards,

4 hours ago, itsdandandan said:

Hi Bill,

I have the same motherboard as you but only have a Ryzen 1700 with the stock cooler. Also have the Fractal Design Define R5 which seems to have pretty good airflow.

Guess that makes the difference.  The 1700 is a 3.0/3.7 GHz, 65 watt CPU, and the 1800X is a 3.6/4.0 GHz 95 watt CPU.

I'm still thinking I could have easily gotten by with a 1700 chip.  I doubt I stress out the 1800X enough to justify the price/power costs.

I'll likely rethink which model I upgrade to when Zen2 comes out.

- Bill

On 30/07/2016 at 7:57 PM, Lake-end said:

Thanks for the easy guide, took me a while to realize where to find these temps from the GUI tho, now that I did I feel bit stupid. :)

For anyone else struggling, its at the very bottom:

GvBRBMV.png

I had to search here to find it!

• Upvote 1