VPN Service Provider recommendation?

moose

i cant quite believe the U.S. have passed law to allow isp's to sell your browsing history, its quite unbelievable!, VPN providers are def going to love the extra business!.

in answer to the OP, i would say PIA currently is top vpn provider, they have a proven track record of not logging (https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-no-logging-claims-tested-in-fbi-case-160312/), they are pretty fast, lots of endpoints, and allow up to 5 concurrent connections, and are p2p friendly (port forwarding), oh and pretty cheap too ($39 a year), so for me they win.

Edited by binhex
12 hours ago, binhex said:

i cant quite believe the U.S. have passed law to allow isp's to sell your browsing history, its quite unbelievable!, VPN providers are def going to love the extra business!.

in answer to the OP, i would say PIA currently is top vpn provider, they have a proven track record of not logging (https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-no-logging-claims-tested-in-fbi-case-160312/), they are pretty fast, lots of endpoints, and allow up to 5 concurrent connections, and are p2p friendly (port forwarding), oh and pretty cheap too ($39 a year), so for me they win.

It started in previous administration with previous president pushing for Title II reclassification of broadband as a common carrier service which basically took protection of consumer privacy away from the FTC and shifted it to the FCC.  Part of the Net Neutrality paradigm that arguably doesn't work as they want most to believe which was to encourage competition by making a level playing field.  In reality it was merely a shift of control.  Section 64.2003 regarding the restriction on ISP selling info (broadband privacy) was part of that original 2015 FCC Open Internet Order was not to be implemented until December 2017 as it had to go through review by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).  Overturning the broadband privacy rules (64.2003) using the Congressional Review Act as what was used and passed by the House and Senate and signed by the president blocks the measure and also blocks the FCC from implementing the broadband privacy measure again.  What all the Drive-By media fails to cover is that Rome was not built in a day and this is going to be a multi-step process.  It seems the  desire is to return control of broadband consumer privacy back to the FTC where it belongs. 1, 2, 3

ISPs already collect data on us and most if not all of of us sign a EULA when we purchase service where they tell you what they collect, how they collect, how they use what they collect and a way to opt-out and that will remain.