glFTPd Plugin for unRAID 5.0

This is my glFTPd Plugin for unRAID 5.0.  :)

Please feel free to test it and report back if there are problems. I will continue testing myself. Until further notice this should be considered a development release.

To install it, unzip and put the plugin into /boot/config/plugins and reboot. Go to the Settings tab and enter the plugins settings. Change settings according to your needs and click enable.

Be aware, that this plugin DOESN'T use tcpd for glftpd access and does a NOT jailed installation.

After the installation glftpd will at first only be available locally through your servers console or a telnet session. Only a single administrative FTP user named glftpd was created and has the password glftpd. You have to create users and make them accessible from other hosts yourself.

See the links in the plugin settings or in the README.txt for more information about it.

Roadmap:

none yet

Known Issues:

none yet

SlrG

--

2013-11-13 v0.1 Initial Development Release on 5.0

2013-11-13 v0.1a Removed tip to use mount bind, as mount and umount scripts are already included.

glftpd.zip

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah, good old glftpd.  That name takes me back to pre-DSL days and helping sysop for topsites.  FXP, eggdrop bots, tcl race scripts and irc site invites.  Those were the days.  I guess probably still are if you know where to look.  Fond memories.

Good memories indeed! Remember, the scene is still around and still using glftpd, although some have moved on.

The reason i wanted it is for some statistics on my users, compared to what ProFTPD gives. And the scripts ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I set up a virtualized test box so I could test this package out before I put it on my production unraid server and I am getting the following error when trying to add a user:

200- Lock on passwd file failed.
200 Unable to add user to passwd file.

I am not new to glftpd, and I know what the error means, but I cant seem to get around it. Do you guys think I am getting this error just because of the virtual environment or could this be something else?

I set up a virtualized test box so I could test this package out before I put it on my production unraid server and I am getting the following error when trying to add a user:

200- Lock on passwd file failed.
200 Unable to add user to passwd file.

I am not new to glftpd, and I know what the error means, but I cant seem to get around it. Do you guys think I am getting this error just because of the virtual environment or could this be something else?

UPDATE:

I reinstalled unraid from scratch and installed this plugin, and it doesnt seem to install correctly for me. As soon as I enable it and click apply, I see errors scroll across the console I have attached a screenshot.

unRAID_Running_-_Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_2014-01-30_19-13-29.png.fd8dec012bf125a7b263bf8c881b5092.png

I've a similar problem, running 5.0.5, both with the group file and passwd file.  Both files are there in /glftpd/etc and it looks like the temp/lock files are being created, but with no joy.

[1] site grpadd STAFF Site Staff

[1] 200 Unable to open group file.

[1] site adduser flake TEST

[1] 200- Lock on passwd file failed.

[1] 200 Unable to add user to passwd file.

tail ftp-data/logs/error.log

Tue Feb  4 15:34:59 2014 [24570  ] Unable to lock group file

Tue Feb  4 15:34:59 2014 [24570  ] Unable to close group file

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  40 2013-11-06 22:05 group

-rw------- 1 root root    6 2014-02-04 23:10 group.24013

-rw------- 1 root root    6 2014-02-04 23:34 group.24570

-rw------- 1 root root    6 2014-02-04 23:36 group.24654

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  81 2014-02-04 22:19 passwd

-rw------- 1 root root    6 2014-02-04 22:19 passwd.20979

-rw------- 1 root root    6 2014-02-04 23:10 passwd.24013

-rw------- 1 root root    6 2014-02-04 23:36 passwd.24654

Well, I did test on 5.0.5 today. It installs for me without problems. Please zip and attach me the full syslog when starting with the plugin. Lets see if we can work out where it goes wrong.

Still getting the same errors, even after trying on a different box. I have attached my syslog. Additionally, I get the same output as flake on all the commands he ran as well.

syslog.txt

ok, so, maybe we should rtfm  :P  i've reinstalled to a non share and everything is working as it should

I had previously installed to a share i'd created, glftpd (/mnt/user/glftpd).  I've now installed to /

everything is working as it should

I dont think this is my issue. I put the plg file in the /boot/config/plugins folder, reboot, go to the GUI and enable it. The install dir by default is /boot/glftpd.

The flash drive is a dos formatted drive. It is not able to have linux file permissions. glftpd needs those to do some of its work. So the default of /boot/ was a somewhat stupid choice of me. You need to put it to your cache drive (best option - I have it in /mnt/cache/Apps) or if you don't have one installed a disk share. /mnt/disk1/ or something. Remember that the glftpd subdir will be created automatically. So don't add it to the install path manually or it will fail.

Hi,

Yes,

[1] site vers

[1] 200 glFTPd 2.04 32BiT Linux+TLS(OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013)+SSP

simply download http://glftpd.eu/files/glftpd-LNX-2.04_1.0.1e-2+deb7u3_x86.tgz and extract

from the UPGRADE read me,

2.03->2.04:

REQUIRED:

* Replace all the binaries (glftpd, nuker, reset, stats, gl_spy, useredit, etc), including glstrings.bin

2.02->2.03:

REQUIRED:

* Replace all the binaries (glftpd, nuker, reset, stats, gl_spy, useredit, etc), including glstrings.bin

RECOMMENDED:

* recompile stuff with glftpd/bin/sources/compile.sh if you use any of the utils from there (glupdate etc)

I simply copied all the contents of bin to my glftpd/bin directory, and chown -R root:root /glftpd/bin

Hope that helps

Hi,

Yes,

[1] site vers

[1] 200 glFTPd 2.04 32BiT Linux+TLS(OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013)+SSP

simply download http://glftpd.eu/files/glftpd-LNX-2.04_1.0.1e-2+deb7u3_x86.tgz and extract

from the UPGRADE read me,

2.03->2.04:

REQUIRED:

2.02->2.03:

REQUIRED:

RECOMMENDED:

* recompile stuff with glftpd/bin/sources/compile.sh if you use any of the utils from there (glupdate etc)

I simply copied all the contents of bin to my glftpd/bin directory, and chown -R root:root /glftpd/bin

Hope that helps

Awesome. I just bought a cache drive today to install this. One last question, are you using a sitebot with pzs-ng? Do eggdrops work?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So, that didn't take long at all, i'm running 5.0.5 :)

grabbed the following,

wget http://slackware.oregonstate.edu/slackware-13.1/slackware/tcl/tcl-8.5.8-i486-1.txz

placed it in /boot/extra and installpkg'd it

wget ftp.eggheads.org/pub/eggdrop/GNU/eggdrop-latest.tar.gz

extracted, configured, make iconfig, make static etc, pretty straight forward

sitebot now running :)

fyi, these are what you'll need to compile pzs-ng, eggdrop etc, these are all placed in /boot/extra and installpkg'd so no need to reboot

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  2757528 2010-04-26 02:08 binutils-2.20.51.0.8-i486-1.txz*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  624864 2010-05-14 07:21 cxxlibs-6.0.13-i486-2.txz*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  6854900 2010-05-12 08:25 gcc-4.4.4-i486-1.txz*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 11586480 2010-05-13 07:59 glibc-2.11.1-i486-3.txz*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  535316 2010-05-13 03:32 kernel-headers-2.6.33.4_smp-x86-1.txz*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  371448 2006-04-04 21:39 make-3.81-i486-1.txz*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  1694596 2009-12-07 01:52 tcl-8.5.8-i486-1.txz*

I am going to start working on this today. Is the /boot/extra folder relative to install path of glftpd or is that where these things should be installed regardless? Also, is there a way to install all of those packages using an apt-get like command or do you have to wget them all?

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out.

EDIT 2: I do get this when trying to compile glftpd and I did install gcc from the /boot/extra folder.

EDIT 3: I cant compile pzs-ng either and I am getting a similar error saying it cannot find a gcc compiler. I installed the these packages to/from the flash drive but glftpd/eggdrop/pzs-ng are on the cache drive, should that be where i download and install from?

which: no gcc in (.:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/lib/java/bin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/kerberos/sbin)
which: no cc in (.:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/lib/java/bin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/kerberos/sbin)
Error: Can't find a compiler to use. Please install one and compile all
       the scripts in /mnt/cache/apps/glftpd/bin/sources and place them in
       /mnt/cache/apps/glftpd/bin.

root@media:/mnt/cache/apps/project-zs-ng_r2500-v1.2.0# ./configure --with-install-path=/mnt/cache/apps/glftpd
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name...
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.