Extended Attributes Fix

I'm having the same trouble, however the issue seems to be with the root of my cache drive (/mnt/cache) rather then any of the top level directories. 

root@Kirk:/mnt/cache# getfattr -d /mnt/cache/         

/mnt/cache/: user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.KFNF3F: Input/output error

All the folders on the cache drive are clean, as well as all the folders on my data drives.

Any suggestions?

• 5 months later...

Hi Tom, did you get my email? I've put the cache drive offline, but how to proceed?

I suggest you start a new thread....and while its fine to email Tom, you may get a faster response by just asking for help from the forum.

Describe the problem you're having.

Attach a link to this thread, if you think it'll help other troubleshoot.

Hi Tom, did you get my email? I've put the cache drive offline, but how to proceed?

I suggest you start a new thread....and while its fine to email Tom, you may get a faster response by just asking for help from the forum.

I can't open a new topic in this section... not enough posts?

I can't open a new topic in this section... not enough posts?

Do you have an announcement to make? :-P Just post in the proper forum and link your post here.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have the issue that no folders have an extended attribute, but the disks them selves have?

root@Media:/mnt/user/Rips/movie# getfattr -Rd /mnt/disk4/*
root@Media:/mnt/user/Rips/movie# ^C
root@Media:/mnt/user/Rips/movie# getfattr -d /mnt/disk4/*
root@Media:/mnt/user/Rips/movie# getfattr -d /mnt/disk3/*
root@Media:/mnt/user/Rips/movie# getfattr -d /mnt/disk2/*
root@Media:/mnt/user/Rips/movie# getfattr -d /mnt/disk1/*
root@Media:/mnt/user/Rips/movie# getfattr -d /mnt/disk1
/mnt/disk1: user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.iJ7J1e: Exec format error
/mnt/disk1: user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.y8zgWv: Exec format error
root@Media:/mnt/user/Rips/movie# getfattr -d /mnt/disk2
/mnt/disk2: user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.ClYHC3: Exec format error
/mnt/disk2: user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.Tij7aE: Exec format error
root@Media:/mnt/user/Rips/movie# getfattr -d /mnt/disk3
root@Media:/mnt/user/Rips/movie# getfattr -d /mnt/disk4

I know the script essentially moves everything into a temp file, deletes the originating folder, then copies back... Also, it was stated specifically not to use wildcards with the scripts.

Any one have any ideas?! These attributes are stopping my mover script from deleting the files from my cache drive!!

Alex

• 5 months later...

I uses the first command which displayed a list of around 30 or so of the user.org.netatalk attributes. I ran the second command which returned "-bash: /boot/rmattrs: no such file or directory" any advice? I'm running version 6 beta 4 and when I run the mover it crashes the whole system and there have been instances of data loss during the crash.

It was kind of a blind guess...

I do have file extensions set to be displayed in windows explorer so I figured I'd give it a go on a share that didn't have much if any vital information but still displayed errors. It worked and so I moved on and fixed the mover issue I had.

All in all it was a shot in the dark. That or maybe the version I'm running required it?

• 6 months later...

I am having this problem.

getfattr -d /mnt/disk1

/mnt/disk1: user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.AdV805: Exec format error

/mnt/disk1: user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.JW5cN1: Exec format error

/mnt/disk1: user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.UI6aj9: Exec format error

/mnt/disk1: user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.djX1V0: Exec format error

/mnt/disk1: user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.eGwpNi: Exec format error

/mnt/disk1: user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.xg6JZr: Exec format error

None of the sub directories under /mnt/disk1 have this issues. (after having run the rmattrs script)

However when the mover runs I still get this error

logger: rsync: get_xattr_data: lgetxattr(""/mnt/user0/."","user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.AdV805",0) failed: Exec format error (8)

and the mover fails.  I don't think I can run this script directly on a disk directory.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 months later...

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this, but I've had this issue going on for years; and frankly I forgot about it. When my mover script was invoked I'd get a HARD crash, a complete lockup. I'm never in much of a hurry to get things on the array, so I just changed my shares to exclude the cache drive and went along with life.

I just "rediscovered" the bug when I was going through (after installing Unraid 6) and looking at my share configuration and put the cache drive back in play for my shares. Needless to say, early this morning the mover script ran and my unraid box was completely inoperable. Thankfully I remembered it was the mover script, and I found this thread today. This absolutely fixed my issue. Thanks!

• 1 year later...

I am having this problem.

getfattr -d /mnt/disk1

/mnt/disk1: user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.AdV805: Exec format error

/mnt/disk1: user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.JW5cN1: Exec format error

/mnt/disk1: user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.UI6aj9: Exec format error

/mnt/disk1: user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.djX1V0: Exec format error

/mnt/disk1: user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.eGwpNi: Exec format error

/mnt/disk1: user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.xg6JZr: Exec format error

None of the sub directories under /mnt/disk1 have this issues. (after having run the rmattrs script)

However when the mover runs I still get this error

logger: rsync: get_xattr_data: lgetxattr(""/mnt/user0/."","user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.AdV805",0) failed: Exec format error (8)

and the mover fails.  I don't think I can run this script directly on a disk directory.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I've searched this forum many times over and can't find a solution to this same problem. I've tried running getfattr all of my subdirectories and nothing displays netatalk attributes, however if I run getfattr on /mnt/disk1 or /mnt/user0 I get the following:

user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.4x1iF4

user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.Iu2DcI

user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.Z3dAwb

I understand that the fix involves copying files to a temp directory and then moving the temp directory back in place of the original directory. How would I perform this with disk1 or user0?

• 10 months later...

Thread Resurrection I'm sorry - however I had problems with a couple of extended attributes - this was the one line recursive fix I applied to all files on the Cache drive: 

find -type d -exec setfattr -x user.org.netatalk.has-Extended-Attributes {} \;

and 

find -type d -exec setfattr -x user.org.netatalk.Metadata {} \; 

Once I'd removed these attributes (& turned off AFP in the shares) this meant mover could execute again

• 1 year later...