A new toy... FEMUR

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Firefox version: 3.0.4

Extension: 1Password, Adblock and Filterset.G, Download Statusbar, Fission, Flashblock, Foxmarks, MultirowBookmarksToolbar, Stop-or-Reload Button, Tab Mix Plus

FEMUR seems to work when it is the only extension. I am going to go through and disable plugins one at a time to see which one it might be that is killing it.

EDIT: OK, so i have figured out, via process of elimination, that Tab Mix plus is the culprit.  I am going to see if there is an update for it and maybe that will fix the problem. If there is any info i can provide that could help you fix the problem let me know.

OK... I uploaded a new FEMUR, that should be compatible with Tab Mix Plus, and Macintosh.

The download link is in the OP.

I also added support for the "Femur Listener" ... a small awk program that provides an interface for FEMUR to talk to the unRAID server to get additional information and statistics.

Instructions for the FEMUR Listener are in the FEMUR Configuration screen.

For this version, the only additional statistic is open files... which is quite useful to me as it tells me if something is running on unRAID that has open files, and will either have to be stopped first, or which will prevent shutdown of the array.

Since I also run applications on unRAID, such as video transcoding or processing 20MB raw image files, this helps me know if the processes are still running or finished.

OK, well it is no not working for me... lol

I think the problem may be with how it is trying to get to the tower.  I see this:

\\192.168.2.104\flash

if your trying to get to the flash then from my mace it would be smb://192.168.2.104/flash

I'm not quite sure but once i installed this new version it stopped working even though none of the settings have changed

OK.. I just uploaded a new version... try it.  I found a bug that was trying to apply the listener every refresh period when it found the listener wasn't there.

Let me know when you find the syntax you would use for mapping a smb drive from the command line.

OK well i can mount the flash share on my dekstop via this command in terminal:

mount_smbfs //192.168.2.104/flash /Users/kylehiltner/Desktop

obviously the IP address is the one of the tower and this is what i have set as the name of the tower in the FEMUR config page.  I have found that on OS X it is much more reliable to refer to the tower by its IP then the name.  And i assume you know enough that everything after "flash" is the path to my desktop were i want the flash to be mounted.

If you need anything else let me know and I will try to help as much as i can

Running better, have a green ball now.  Here's a few selections from the Error Console, and a pic.

CiteGenie Initializing - loading will come later.

Error: syntax error
Source File: https://www3.oklahoma-isp.net/citegenie/femurupdate_rdf.php?id={4ec5edc0-b12a-11dd-ad8b-0800200c9a66}&version=0.0.9
Line: 1, Column: 50
Source Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">

No chrome package registered for chrome://genie/locale/about.dtd

Sorry bubbaQ, you were right. I thought this was the default setting.

But now, it is always displaying a "*" as max. temp.

Even though, if I check the error console, I see receiving the proper drive temps.

update:

suddenly it started to display the max. temp.

I don't know what happend as I set the refresh intervall time to 1 minutes and there were more cycle without proper display.

Looking at the error console the difference is, that now, in the last line I see the max. temp. Previously (when it wasn't displayed), there was a text in this last line (I cannot recall it any more). Maybe it was "NaN" or something like this.

Can it be somehow related to the number of avtive drives? At the time it was wrong, there were only 1 drive (out of 5) active.

A "*" means all drives are spun down so no temps are available.  I only have 3 drives in my test system, but It should be checking all 16.  I look at that part of the code.

If you click on the green ball icon in the FEMUR widget, it will refresh ist display.

NaN can display under some circumstances.... that's what happens when you play with beta software!