New unmenu pluging: myMain

SSD

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also ran the update last night. I posted about it in the unMenu thread.  I'll try here as well.

after running the update, the mymain tab no longer shows one of my drives.  Instead in it's place my flash drive is listed.  It seems to have mashed the 2 drives together.  It shows my flash drive as being 2TB and 65% full.  My flash is really 4GB.

They are all visible and shown correctly in the unRaid main tab.  

On a bright note, all the HDIO_GET_IDENTITY failed for '/dev/block/8:32'  errors have stopped when the new hdparm was installed.

Looks like I updated

drivedb.lib.awk

to the version intended for the new myMain bjp999 is still developing.

Just copy the older version back to the unmenu folder from the backup folder where it was copied when you last updated the files.

Joe L.

Thanks Joe!  That fixed it.

Thanx for myMain

I have been using umenu but just recently realised how useful myMain is

Just two notes:

1. By updating to the last version, myMain demands an internet connection to show the wiki info for SMART. That was not the case in the previous version. Since I am not allowing my unRaid to access internet, this is a problem for me... Is there an easy fix?

2. Even where all drives are spun down i can see the temp of my new EADS and EARS drives but not the temp of the slightly older hitachis and much older seagates. Is that a new feature provided by modern HDs combined with the new hdparm or is there some kind of problem?

2. Even where all drives are spun down i can see the temp of my new EADS and EARS drives but not the temp of the slightly older hitachis and much older seagates. Is that a new feature provided by modern HDs combined with the new hdparm or is there some kind of problem?

A few drives allow the read of temperature without spinning them up.  Most drives  will spin up if you attempt to read their temperature when they are not spinning.  For that reason temperatures are not read unless they are spinning.  From what I remember, myMain has a list of the manufacturers where temp reading is OK when idle... therefore it can show them when they are idle.  (It is a feature of the specific drives)

I'll let bjp999 respond to the first question.. and accept the thanks.

Joe L.

Thanx for myMain

I have been using umenu but just recently realised how useful myMain is

Great!  Glad you find it helpful.  Still trying to get my update out - a few visual and functional goodies! 

Joe L's designed his unmenu framework be be easily extended.  It was fun learning awk and creating myMain.  Thanks Joe L.!

Just two notes:

1. By updating to the last version, myMain demands an internet connection to show the wiki info for SMART. That was not the case in the previous version. Since I am not allowing my unRaid to access internet, this is a problem for me... Is there an easy fix?

Hmmm .. not sure what's happening here.  myMain does not try to access the internet, but it does build HTML that will cause your browser to access the Internet.  And the recent update did not include a myMain update.  Joe L., any ideas what might be causing this?

This is not new functionality - perhaps in the past you did not own any Western Digital drives.  WD is the only manufacturer (that I am aware of) that does not spin up a drive in response to a request to read the disk temperature.  So there is no reason not to show the temperature for them every time - even if they are spun down.  There is a way to configure other drives to work this way as well if you find other drives that can report temps without spinning up the drive.

• 3 weeks later...

Joe and I have been making the last few updates to unmenu and myMain. He is working on getting everything packaged for the update.

I need to create documentation on some of the new features, but here is a sneak peak.  An enhanced syslog viewer.  The colors are easier to see, and you can filter the syslog depending on what you want to see.  Also handy is the ability to copy a syslog to the unRaid server and view it through this viewer.

enhancedsyslogviewer.jpg

That's good

It will make troubleshooting much easier

It will.

Prior to installing the new version of myMain and the new syslog viewer you'll need to type on the command line:

mkdir -p /boot/unmenu/images/stock

(At least until tomorrow when I can fix the unmenu_install program to create the directories correctly and then get the newer version of it deployed on google.code.)

Sorry for any inconvenience. 

I also ran the update last night. I posted about it in the unMenu thread.  I'll try here as well.

after running the update, the mymain tab no longer shows one of my drives.  Instead in it's place my flash drive is listed.  It seems to have mashed the 2 drives together.  It shows my flash drive as being 2TB and 65% full.  My flash is really 4GB.

Looks like I updated

drivedb.lib.awk

Just copy the older version back to the unmenu folder from the backup folder where it was copied when you last updated the files.

Joe L.

Hey Joe....I just ran the new update.  I created the new folders before I did.  I got the mash-up of the flash drive and one of my drives on the new mymain tab.  I tried copying over the previous drivedb.lib.awk but when I restarted unmenu and went to the mymain tab, I got a blank page.  Any ideas?

Looks like I updated

drivedb.lib.awk

Joe L.

Hey Joe....I just ran the new update.  I created the new folders before I did.  I got the mash-up of the flash drive and one of my drives on the new mymain tab.  I tried copying over the previous drivedb.lib.awk but when I restarted unmenu and went to the mymain tab, I got a blank page.  Any ideas?

The previous drivelib is useless now... You must use the current version.

It sounds as if you have a mix of files.  To upgrade you must create the directories it needs (at least until I fix the unmenu_install program to make the directories itself), then you MUST run the upgrade TWICE.  the first time it will replace the unmenu_install program itself, the second time it will install everything in the image directories.  Then you must kill the existing unMENU and re-start it.

So,

cd /boot/unmenu

mkdir -p images/stock

unmenu_install -u -d .

unmenu_install -u -d .

killall awk

./uu

Joe L.

I ran the update today, just before posting.  I tried the steps you provided above and I still getting the same results.  A mash-up of my flash drive and a data drive.

Post a screen shot for bjp999.  It is his baby.

Joe L.

Here you go bjp999.

newmymain.png

It is supposed to show 4 data drives, a parity drive, a flash drive and a cache drive.

Eroz -

I am about to send Joe L., some updates.  Let's let him put them in place, have you try it again, and if you are still having the same problem, do the following ...

Open a telnet session.

Run the command

ls -la /boot/unmenu > /boot/unmenudir.txt

Then upload the results of that file.  You can access it from Windows with the "\\tower\flash\unmenudir.txt" name.

We can use that directory listing to make sure you have all the right file versions.  If you do, then I will dig in deeper to see if it is a bug.

Thanks!

Brian

Hey Brian,

I tried it again this morning after I saw Joe's post.  Did not work again.  Attached is the output from the command, ls -la /boot/unmenu > /boot/unmenudir.txt

remove your MyMain_local.conf.  It is not automatically replaced and you have a different size than the current version.

On my system in a fresh install:

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  1096 Dec  4 08:42 myMain_local.conf*

on yours it is bigger.

Not sure if that is the issue but it does not help.

Hey Brian,

I tried it again this morning after I saw Joe's post.  Did not work again.  Attached is the output from the command, ls -la /boot/unmenu > /boot/unmenudir.txt

remove your MyMain_local.conf.  It is not automatically replaced and you have a different size than the current version.

On my system in a fresh install:

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root   1096 Dec  4 08:42 myMain_local.conf*

on yours it is bigger.

Not sure if that is the issue but it does not help.

Hi Joe.  I deleted the myMain_local.conf files which was 2KB.  I checked for updates and said I was missing the deleted folder, obviously.  myMain_local.conf :Revision: 182  Date: 2010-12-04 08:15:52 -0500 (Sat, 04 Dec 2010)

I installed the updates, restarted unmenu.  myMain tab still shows the mashup and I checked on the flash drive, the new myMain_local.config file is still 2KB.