XBMC Standalone Library Updater for UnRAID

I've installed this and it seems to be running.  SB and CP can test it a test message successfully. But is there any management page ? How can I be sure it's scanning and updating the DB ? I copied an advanced management and  sources.xml to the path stated.  Sources is all SMB.  Do. Need to change the path to the internal mount paths ?

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is conflicting information in this thread.

In the instructions it states to do the following...

5. Copy:

sources.xml
advancedsettings.xml

from another XBMC installation on your network and place them in:

/boot/config/plugins/xbmcsalud

However in the posts on several pages it states to copy these into:

/usr/local/share/xbmc/portable_data/userdata/

Which is it?

Also the line I need to add to advancedsettings.xml is:

<videolibrary>
    <backgroundupdate>true</backgroundupdate>
</videolibrary>

Is this correct?

Just put them in

/boot/config/plugins/xbmcsalud

The plugin will copy them to the correct place. The older instructions in the other posts are from before the plugin took care of them for you. Always follow instructions in the OP.

Yes that looks like the right bit to add to the advancedsettings.xml file.

looks like im getting mostly good feedback. if anyone wants to help me test a newer version before i frontpage it:

https://github.com/bobbintb/unRAID

it is 0.8.5 test. i am having some really funky issues with the start command. it will say it is running but when i check the running processes it isnt. on my vm it ran just fine but on my physical machine i was getting sudo command not found issues with the same plugin. the vm was on unraid 5rc11 and the pm was on 5rc 13 and had more plugins. i updated to 5rc15 and it started working. i dont know why. it is driving me crazy because the thing intermittently works or doesnt work with various machines. this is why i decided to remove runas, installdir, adn datadir initially. if anyone cares to test it, let me know if it is actually running (not just the plugin page saying it's running), what version of unraid, ans what other plugins.

I am testing it now under unRaid 5RC15 with the SimpleFeatures; active streams, activity monitor, S3 sleep, system info, system stats, and the Unplugged plugins; SAB, SB and CP.

I am unable to get it to run. The settings screen shows not installed. When I click install I get the following errors:

xbmcerror.jpg

Ignore the fsck stuff at the top.

I am testing it now under unRaid 5RC15 with the SimpleFeatures; active streams, activity monitor, S3 sleep, system info, system stats, and the Unplugged plugins; SAB, SB and CP.

I am unable to get it to run. The settings screen shows not installed. When I click install I get the following errors:

xbmcerror.jpg

Ignore the fsck stuff at the top.

is this for 0.8.5 test? try downloading it again. about 10 minutes after i put it up i realized i left some things out.

I just grabbed it again, and I am still seeing the same issue. Yes it is the 8.5 test. I just renamed it to not have to type so much on install ;)

I cleaned my .cfg file and tried again. After entering in my values I got the following in the .cfg file:

# xbmcsalud configuration
SERVICE="enable"
INSTALLDIR="xbmc"
DATADIR="/mnt/cache/.xbmc"
RUNAS="nobody"
PLG_STORAGESIZE="xbmc"
PLG_DATACHECK="xbmc"
PORT="9091"
USERNAME=""
PASSWORD=""

The username and password have been put in the PLG_STORAGESIZE and PLG_DATACHECK variables.

the sleep3 is a typo. it should be sleep 3. i fixed it. redownload and try it again. the other error looks to be because advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml dont exist in /boot/config/plugins/xbmcsalud. did you delete that folder to start from scratch and forget to put them back?

Okay. One more time I ditched my .cfg file and re-installed the plugin. It appears to be installing and starting fine now. Sorry for the craziness. I'm not sure why my .cgf file kept screwing up.

After the status said started, I checked and indeed I see in in the processes, so it in in fact running.

Okay. One more time I ditched my .cfg file and re-installed the plugin. It appears to be installing and starting fine now. Sorry for the craziness. I'm not sure why my .cgf file kept screwing up.

After the status said started, I checked and indeed I see in in the processes, so it in in fact running.

yea, i dont know why but i find a lot of times that manually messing with the cfg does crazy things like that, mixing up the order and such. it's best to delete it if it does do that.

Hmm....

I followed the instructions but Salud is not updating my library.

try going to the utilities page and see if the process is actually running. also, are your shares on nfs?

My shares are SMB, should they be NFS?

Don't see the process, actually..

smb is fine. but after looking into your issue i realized i forgot to add the nfs package which would have caused an issue if you used nfs. i fixed it but that obviously wasnt your issue.

if you are using 0.8.4 test on the front page try opening a terminal, navigate to /usr/local/lib/xbmc/ and run this command:

sudo /usr/local/lib/xbmc/xbmc-server.bin --headless --no-test --nolirc -p

let me know what happens.

smb is fine. but after looking into your issue i realized i forgot to add the nfs package which would have caused an issue if you used nfs. i fixed it but that obviously wasnt your issue.

if you are using 0.8.4 test on the front page try opening a terminal, navigate to /usr/local/lib/xbmc/ and run this command:

/usr/local/lib/xbmc/xbmc-server.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libmy         sqlclient.so.18: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have an SQL db installed on Unraid, all my XBMC installations use it to fetch Video details and such.

/usr/local/lib/xbmc/xbmc-server.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libmy         sqlclient.so.18: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have an SQL db installed on Unraid, all my XBMC installations use it to fetch Video details and such.

either mysql isnt installed (it should tell you if it isnt) or you need a newer version. someone recently asked if they need mysql installed in unraid if they run mysql on another box:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=27545.msg247466#msg247466

i thought it would be ok to just bypass it at first but on thinking about it more i dont think it will start if it isnt installed.

do you have it installed in unraid? if so which version?

it needs 5.5.30. it mentions that on the original post but i need to re-word it:

You need a MySQL 5.5.30 to use this. If it isn't on your system it can be installed automatically from within this plugin. Of course, you should know that if you are using a MySQL shared library with XBMC you will need MySQL.

it implies if you dont have 5.5.30 installed it will install it when in fact it will only prompts you to install if you dont have any mysql plugin at all.