NZBGet Plugin for UnRaid v5b11+

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not an expert but I would try to recompile NZBGet with the magic define.

Something like this:

export CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64"
./configure
make

:D Perfect!  I wasn't sure if it needed applying globally.  This was the exact answer I was hoping for. 

I am pleased to say that it seems to have worked.  I compiled a new version and sucessfully tested on the same dev/test system which previously failed. 

I repeated similar earlier failed steps documented by DikkieDirk.  First I installed to /mnt/disk1/.nzbget (I don't have a cache disk in my test VM).  This installed fine.  Then I changed MainDir to /mnt/user/Media and this worked also.  Directory did not exist before the config change.  NZBGet created the directory and all sub-dirs (dst, nzb, queue, tmp).

I think that might have fixed it!

@ DikkieDirk, can you please test this for me?  Here is a link to a test version of the plugin.  Please retry your previous failed steps and report back on the results.

Test plugin: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/572553/UnRAID/nzbget/nzbget_test.plg

Thanks again hugbug.

Regards,

overbyrn

I went ahead and installed the test version.

Unfortunately it hasn't worked for me:

info Sun Mar 17 2013 16:16:38 Pausing all activities due to errors in configuration

error Sun Mar 17 2013 16:16:38 nzbget.conf(56): Invalid value for option "NzbDir": could not create directory "/mnt/user/Media/nzb/"

error Sun Mar 17 2013 16:16:38 nzbget.conf(59): Invalid value for option "QueueDir": could not create directory "/mnt/user/Media/queue/"

error Sun Mar 17 2013 16:16:38 nzbget.conf(62): Invalid value for option "TempDir": could not create directory "/mnt/user/Media/tmp/"

error Sun Mar 17 2013 16:16:38 nzbget.conf(32): Invalid value for option "DestDir": could not create directory "/mnt/user/Media/dst/"

Showing records 1-5 from 5

A little update on my configuration:

I now run RC11 in a ESXi VM.

nzbget is installed to /mnt/cache/.nzbget

mnt/user/Media is a user share.

setting Maindir to /mnt/user/Media/nzbgettest also wont create the nzbgettest folder.

I also get an incompatible browser error now. I use IE 10.

With the great help of overbyrn I finally succeeded in getting nzbget running. I now have a more general question:

How to set up categories.

nzbget is installed in /mnt/cache/.nzbget and Maindir is set to /mnt/user/Movies

I like to setup categories so that avi, dvd, mkv and bluray get moved to their final destinations:

avi to /mnt/user/videos/AVI

dvd to /mnt/user/Movies/DVD

mkv to /mnt/user/Movies/MKV

bluray to /mnt/user/videos/BluRay

Must the final destination path be set relative to Destdir or can I set a absolute path? Must I drop the nzb in their specific folder like nzbdir/avi, nzbdir/DVD, nzbdir/mkv and nzbdir/bluray. How does this relate to a set absolute path? 

I like to setup categories so that avi, dvd, mkv and bluray get moved to their final destinations:

avi to /mnt/user/videos/AVI

dvd to /mnt/user/Movies/DVD

mkv to /mnt/user/Movies/MKV

bluray to /mnt/user/videos/BluRay

Must the final destination path be set relative to Destdir or can I set a absolute path? Must I drop the nzb in their specific folder like nzbdir/avi, nzbdir/DVD, nzbdir/mkv and nzbdir/bluray. How does this relate to a set absolute path?

You can set an absolute path. Here are a couple of mine:

ONoVBND.png

You can either drop the NZB in to a folder under the nzbdir -- e.g. nzbdir/MKV/ or add it in nzbdir and change the category later. The nzbdir doesn't affect the Destdir path, that's set in the Category section of Settings.

@overbyrn:

I wonder about version numbers of the plugin.

The common practice for packaging is to use the original version number of the packaged program + package version number.

As example see package names in optware or package names in different Linux distributions.

In optware there are two packages for NZBGet:

Stable: nzbget_9.1-1_arm.ipk

Testing: nzbget-testing_10.0-r603-1_arm.ipk

Here "9.1" and "10.0-r603" are original version numbers of the program.

"1" is the package version. If an error was found in the package and it must be updated without updating the original program, the package number must be increased, for example:

nzbget_9.1-2_arm.ipk

nzbget_9.1-3_arm.ipk

When the program is updated the package number resets to 1:

nzbget_10.0-1_arm.ipk

Why not use this common naming scheme?

I gonna stick with the personalized "dikkiedirk" test version for a while. I got it with the help of overbyrn (many thanks for the great help).

2 things bug me though:

I get an unsupported browser error when open nzbgets webgui in Internet Explorer 10

and

Is there a way to add a password to protected downloads like in SABNZND?

I gonna stick with the personalized "dikkiedirk" test version for a while. I got it with the help of overbyrn (many thanks for the great help).

2 things bug me though:

I get an unsupported browser error when open nzbgets webgui in Internet Explorer 10

and

a) It's 2013. No-one uses IE.

b) http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=23423.msg216466;topicseen#msg216466

2 things bug me though:

and

a) It's 2013. No-one uses IE.

b) http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=23423.msg216466;topicseen#msg216466

a) Don't care about that, many I know still use it. Not very helpfull.

@overbyrn:

I wonder about version numbers of the plugin.

The common practice for packaging is to use the original version number of the packaged program + package version number.

As example see package names in optware or package names in different Linux distributions.

In optware there are two packages for NZBGet:

Stable: nzbget_9.1-1_arm.ipk

Testing: nzbget-testing_10.0-r603-1_arm.ipk

Here "9.1" and "10.0-r603" are original version numbers of the program.

"1" is the package version. If an error was found in the package and it must be updated without updating the original program, the package number must be increased, for example:

nzbget_9.1-2_arm.ipk

nzbget_9.1-3_arm.ipk

When the program is updated the package number resets to 1:

nzbget_10.0-1_arm.ipk

Why not use this common naming scheme?

Until now I have considered the plugin (not nzbget) to be experimental.  With the help of yourself, neilt0 and dikkiedirk, I feel it's a lot more stable.

I have today spent some time amending the plugin such that it allows for updating the plugin (from GitHub) and NZBGet from pre-built source.  That should let me keep up to date with recent svn changes like r603 and distribute new builds to those running the plugin on UnRAID.

I realise there is a common naming convention and I plan to put some thought to using a more standard format.  I have to balance common naming against the time and trouble I put in to building from source and maintaining the plugin that wraps around your application for others to use.  I'm not a coder by trade.  In IT; yes.  SAP Netweaver consultant by day.  I am not skilled in the ways of bash.  I need to come up with a simplish way of versioning that keeps everyone happy.  Not there yet but hope to be soon.

Regards,

overbyrn.

Really would like to switch to NZBGet, however, the sheer number of stuff that I use that integrates with SAB only is really what is holding me back from making the switch.

@nzbget: Any thoughts or plans on emulating or incorporating the SAB API so these websites, apps, etc. will work with NZBGet?

Any thoughts or plans on emulating or incorporating the SAB API so these websites, apps, etc. will work with NZBGet?

Many nzb-sites use newznab as backend. The newznab team is currently working on adding NZBGet support. When this version is out, all sites based on newznab should be able to provide NZBGet integration.

Emulating foreign API is a bad idea. NZBGet has its own rich API. Couchpotato, SickBeard, Headphones have native support for NZBGet. There are smartphone apps to control NZBGet remotely. If you have apps you want to work with NZBGet you should ask app developers to add support for NZBGet. More people ask more chances it happen.

Does nzbget indeed work with sickbeard. I can't get sickbeard installed and running with nzbget installed.

sickbeard shows this error message:

Warning: parse_ini_file(/boot/config/plugins/sickbeard/sickbeard.cfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/sickbeard/sickbeard.php on line 2

Any thoughts or plans on emulating or incorporating the SAB API so these websites, apps, etc. will work with NZBGet?

Many nzb-sites use newznab as backend. The newznab team is currently working on adding NZBGet support. When this version is out, all sites based on newznab should be able to provide NZBGet integration.

Emulating foreign API is a bad idea. NZBGet has its own rich API. Couchpotato, SickBeard, Headphones have native support for NZBGet. There are smartphone apps to control NZBGet remotely. If you have apps you want to work with NZBGet you should ask app developers to add support for NZBGet. More people ask more chances it happen.

Unfortunately my go to phone app is no longer being developed. It's a SAB, CP and SB all in one app. I realize at some point it's going to break as APIs change but for now that app alone is enough to keep me using SAB. I also have a Chrome extension that adds a button to send an nzb to SAB for pretty much every nzb site in existence.

Hopefully you'll get there eventually though!

Does nzbget indeed work with sickbeard. I can't get sickbeard installed and running with nzbget installed.

sickbeard shows this error message:

Warning: parse_ini_file(/boot/config/plugins/sickbeard/sickbeard.cfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/sickbeard/sickbeard.php on line 2

The sickbeard installation error has nothing to do with nzbget.

Is there a possibility to temporarily disable a configured usenet server or test connection to a server? I have 3 servers setup for testing dmca takedowns and yesterday I downloaded of a mkv which failed because of missing blocks. I downloaded the mkv in sabnzbd just fine with the same servers configured. Perhaps I filled in a wrong password to one of the servers.