NZBGet Plugin for UnRaid v5b11+

I have been using the production version 18 of this plugin all year, but this week it has stopped working for me. I can't think of any changes made to my server, it just seems to have stopped working right out of the blue. I tried updating the plugin from v18 to v19, but same deal. It won't start. I have tried sarting with 'rc.nzbget start', but this just says it is already running. 'rc.nzbget stop' gives this error:

root@FileServer:~# /etc/rc.d/rc.nzbget stop
Stopping NZBGet...
/usr/local/nzbget/nzbget: error while loading shared libraries: libpar2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
... OK

And, after stopping the (non running) app, 'rc.nzbget start' says it has started, but nzbget is still not running. Any ideas??

Edit: Forgot to mention I don't see any nzbget related errors in syslog. No segfaults. Just doesn't start.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi - firstly thanks for the work and getting the plugin setup.

I had some initial issues with segfaults much like some other users which meant that NZBGet kept 'crashing' and loosing connection. As mentioned, it was down to some issues with zlib-1.2.5-i486-4

therefore I installed the NZBGet plugin and then ran the following commands:

removepkg zlib-1.2.5-i486-4

wget http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware-13.1/slackware/l/zlib-1.2.3-i486-2.txz

installpkg zlib-1.2.3-i486-2.txz

That fixed the issues with the crashing and I managed to get downloads working fine  8)

The only problem I have now is that Sickbeard refuses to move completed files to their relevant directories during the post processing steps, it does however copy them. This is different behaviour to how my Sickbeard and SABNZB setup used to work (Sickbeard post processing would move the file across and then delete the original source which was all nice and neat).

I think it may be due to permissions or some other setting - just wanted to know if there was anyone else who may have encountered this issue and what they did to overcome the problem.

ohh and one last thing - is it normal for there to be constant write activity to the disk where the plugin is installed to? This means that disk and my parity drive never spin down. I've checked and there is no active file being downloaded and i cant understand what is writing to the disk. I am fairly sure it is NZBGET related since when i stop the plugin (via unraid plugin settings page) the write activity on the disk stops. Any help would be really appreciated!

thanks

Thank you for this... nzbget was losing connection in less than a minute... I just implemented your fix... can't say if it's good for sure, but so far it's all good...

A day later, still no issues... feeling pretty safe in saying that zlib1.2.5 was the source of my frustration here.

• 2 weeks later...

how do i install nzbget stable version 14?

I'm wondering this too. Does this plugin need to be updated in order to support the latest releases?

This plugin is no longer supported, you should use the Docker.

Assuming you're running the Needo container.

Stop the nzbget Docker. Enable Edge. Update. Wait a while (you can watch it update using htop) .

Once it has started, you'll have the latest build.

how do i install nzbget stable version 14?

I'm wondering this too. Does this plugin need to be updated in order to support the latest releases?

This plugin is no longer supported, you should use the Docker.

Plugin updated for nzbget version 14 stable. Plugin should now offer an update to the nzb app from within unraid webgui.

• 1 month later...

Is anyone else having problems?

I have just a moment ago setup a fresh unraid rc16c, no plugins, no packages, no extras etc.  I installed nzbget plugin, configured via the webgui settings page, loaded nzbget webui, configured news server, clicked add to add nzb, browsed for local saved nzb file, added nzb file.  NZBget has downloaded ok and the nzbget webui was available and did not crash or issue any error from start of download to end of unpack.

The segfault you are seeing must be something unique to your system.

I suggest you recheck your UnRAID as something must still be causing the segfault you are seeing in the syslog for libc-2.11.1.so.

I also am having this problem.  I've tried the 2 nzbget plg's available in this thread, all of them have this occur with the same segfault issue.

I haven't shutdown any other plugins yet to test and see if that works or not, but I will momentarily.

Dec 23 10:02:30 MediaNAS sudo:    root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/local/nzbget/nzbget -D -c /mnt/cache/apps/NZBget/nzbget.conf

Dec 23 10:05:47 MediaNAS kernel: nzbget[19262]: segfault at 1c4f ip 404e4ee1 sp 415e6dbc error 4 in libc-2.11.1.so[4046b000+15c000] (Errors)

Dec 23 10:06:36 MediaNAS sudo:    root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/local/nzbget/nzbget -D -c /mnt/cache/apps/NZBget/nzbget.conf

Dec 23 10:06:49 MediaNAS sudo:    root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/local/nzbget/nzbget -D -c /mnt/cache/apps/NZBget/nzbget.conf

Dec 23 10:07:49 MediaNAS kernel: nzbget[20390]: segfault at 1c4f ip 404e4ee1 sp 40de6dbc error 4 in libc-2.11.1.so[4046b000+15c000] (Errors)

This is what shows on system log.

• 1 month later...

Sorry folks, I'm out of the plugin game.

Phaze is doing some great work and I've recently given him access to v5 and v6 nzbget build vms. Perhaps in time he'll be able to work on an nzbget replacement.  He has my wholehearted support and he's always welcome to ping me for info should the need arise.

• 1 month later...