Dropbox Plugin for unRAID 5b11+ (updated)

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll add the force flag as it can't hurt to do so.  Whilst it'll make the copy more robust, it doesn't address how an old instance of the PID was left behind.

I'd be interested to know if this was an isolated case.  If not, then I'll revisit the code used to kill the process.

Attachment in OP updated.

for the 2nd time now my unraid dropbox refuses to upload new files to it.  It will receive files from any other linked computer - but will not sync/upload any.

permission look exactly the same for the files put there - vs the files it pulls down....

any ideas?  It was working fine till sometime last fri afternoon when it quit uploading files....

Thanks

Myk

for the 2nd time now my unraid dropbox refuses to upload new files to it.  It will receive files from any other linked computer - but will not sync/upload any.

permission look exactly the same for the files put there - vs the files it pulls down....

Myk, not entirely sure which bit is broken for you.  I'm reading the above to mean files are syncing between local machines, but that data to/from the cloud isn't replicating?

Probably a sledgehammer-to-crack-a-nut type solution, but if that's the issue then try unlinking dropbox and relinking.  If you unlink from the security page of your dropbox account then the plugin will go back to thinking it needs to be linked.  I'm guessing this basically updates files in the dropbox DB dir as that's where the dropbox app lives.  Or, for an even more heavy handed approach, stop dropbox on unraid via the plugin, delete the dropbox DB dir and revisit the dropbox plugin page.  It'll think it's not installed, whereby hitting install will recreate the dropbox DB dir and after starting you'll be at the link to account phase again.

Regards,

overbyrn

I'll add the force flag as it can't hurt to do so.  Whilst it'll make the copy more robust, it doesn't address how an old instance of the PID was left behind.

I'd be interested to know if this was an isolated case.  If not, then I'll revisit the code used to kill the process.

Attachment in OP updated.

I don't stop my array that often, but i had that problem at least two times...

Hi,

Quick question.

I have the plugin up and running fine but I really want to be able to do a "selective sync" on a few of my dropbox folders.

I can browse to /usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py help

and then run

/usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py help exclude

which shows me how to exclude a directory.

However when I try it by typing

/usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py exclude add directory name

it comes up with "Dropxbox isn't running!" when in fact it clearly is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Got it to work using the following command;

sudo -u nobody HOME=/usr/local/dropbox /usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py exclude add /usr/local/dropbox/Dropbox/test/
Excluded:
../usr/local/dropbox/Dropbox/test

The thing to be aware of is that dropbox as an application is a pain to make run as user nobody.  I originally wanted dropbox installable anywhere but there's a hard link in the dropbox tar file which refuses to extract onto a ReiserFS filesystem.  So I had dropbox install to /usr/local/dropbox and create links to the DB and DATA file locations you specify in the plugin wegui settings page.

Before I was successful with the above command I tried giving the exclude location where my data directory is.  In my case /mnt/cache/Dropbox.  But it wouldn't add the exclude.  Only after I referenced the same location but as above did it add the exclude.

So in my example I created a "test" dir in the root of my dropbox data location (/mnt/cache/Dropbox/test) and then excluded this by specifying the same location but via the installed dropbox location instead (/usr/local/dropbox/Dropbox/test)

Now that I know how, I might have a go at making this available via the plugin webpage.  But for now the above would work for you.

NB: make sure you don't have any duplicate dropbox processes running.  When I was developing the plugin I learnt that you can get out of sync with multiple processes running if you're not careful.  Stop the plugin, kill any remaining dropbox daemons, start the plugin, verify it's running and then do the command above.

Regards,

overbyrn

• 2 weeks later...

i'm getting this error when i try to install it.

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "dropbox-0.2-i468-1atv.plg" in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13

xml parse error

what am I doing wrong?

Happens extremely often during cutting / pasting / saving files across Windows / UnRaid PCs usually due to the difference between line endings for Windows vs Linux. 

Somewhere during the process you saved the file to unraid, it has altered the line endings so that when you try to install it, you get this error.  You can remove these types of issues if you directly download the file to your unraid server from command line, such as;

login from telnet/putty etc and type;

cd /boot/config/plugins
wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/572553/UnRAID/dropbox/dropbox-0.2-i468-1atv.plg
installplg dropbox-0.2-i468-1atv.plg

i'm getting this error when i try to install it.

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "dropbox-0.2-i468-1atv.plg" in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13

xml parse error

what am I doing wrong?

Happens extremely often during cutting / pasting / saving files across Windows / UnRaid PCs usually due to the difference between line endings for Windows vs Linux. 

Somewhere during the process you saved the file to unraid, it has altered the line endings so that when you try to install it, you get this error.  You can remove these types of issues if you directly download the file to your unraid server from command line, such as;

login from telnet/putty etc and type;

cd /boot/config/plugins
wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/572553/UnRAID/dropbox/dropbox-0.2-i468-1atv.plg
installplg dropbox-0.2-i468-1atv.plg

Thank you ! solved!

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried to set the Dropbox database directory and Dropbox data directory to locations on a SNAP internally mounted hard drive being

/mnt/disk/Other/.dropbox/

and

/mnt/disk/Other/Dropbox/

However Dropbox won't start, either when I boot up or when I click Apply or Restart in the Dropbox unraid gui.

I've had a look at the folders and it seems the plugin is creating infinitely nested .dropbox and Dropbox folders

Any way to get it working?

I've had dropboxdb prevent a shutdown/reboot.  I've had to kill the PID so unraid could stop the array.  It seems to be random though so I'm not sure why it happens when it does.

This was happening to me too. Have you tried updating to the latest version of the plugin linked in the first post?

I've installed 03 of the plugin and I see that there seems to be only 1 way sync to dropbox.  Anything I copy to the dropbox from another pc, or directly from the website, gets pushed to my unraid db, but anything I create or edit on the unraid db doesn't get pushed back up.

I see some 3 incorrect password attempt errors in the log. Are these normal ?

Jan 17 15:14:48 tdm sudo:     root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; ENV=HOME=/usr/local/dropbox ; COMMAND=/usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py start
Jan 17 15:14:48 tdm sudo:   nobody : 3 incorrect password attempts ; TTY=unknown ; PWD=/usr/local/dropbox ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/sh /tmp/tmpGq89W2
Jan 17 15:14:52 tdm sudo:     root : TTY=console ; PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=nobody ; ENV=HOME=/usr/local/dropbox ; COMMAND=/usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py status
Jan 17 15:15:58 tdm sudo:     root : TTY=console ; PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=nobody ; ENV=HOME=/usr/local/dropbox ; COMMAND=/usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py status

I have this same problem....

Myk

I've installed 03 of the plugin and I see that there seems to be only 1 way sync to dropbox.  Anything I copy to the dropbox from another pc, or directly from the website, gets pushed to my unraid db, but anything I create or edit on the unraid db doesn't get pushed back up.

Jan 17 15:14:48 tdm sudo:     root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; ENV=HOME=/usr/local/dropbox ; COMMAND=/usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py start
Jan 17 15:14:48 tdm sudo:   nobody : 3 incorrect password attempts ; TTY=unknown ; PWD=/usr/local/dropbox ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/sh /tmp/tmpGq89W2
Jan 17 15:14:52 tdm sudo:     root : TTY=console ; PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=nobody ; ENV=HOME=/usr/local/dropbox ; COMMAND=/usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py status
Jan 17 15:15:58 tdm sudo:     root : TTY=console ; PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=nobody ; ENV=HOME=/usr/local/dropbox ; COMMAND=/usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py status

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have installed this successfully (apparently) but i notice that it in the dropbox share it replicates everything 81 times.

So for example if i sync from my laptop a file it will add it to dropbox but look like this:

Dropbox Data Directory: /mnt/disk1/Dropbox/

Dropbox Database Directory: /mnt/disk1/.dropbox

/mnt/disk1/Dropbox/Dropbox/Dropbox/Dropbox/Dropbox/Dropbox/Dropbox......81 times

Within each dropbox folder my file is there.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I have this same problem....

Myk

dalben/Myk,

Are you still seeing this happen?  Just did a cat of my own syslog and I get similar entries

Jan 22 15:26:13 Eddie logger:  file /var/log/plugins/dropbox: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
Jan 22 15:27:12 Eddie sudo:     root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; ENV=HOME=/usr/local/dropbox ; COMMAND=/usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py start
Jan 22 15:28:24 Eddie sudo:     root : TTY=console ; PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=nobody ; ENV=HOME=/usr/local/dropbox ; COMMAND=/usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py status
Jan 23 15:12:08 Eddie sudo:     root : TTY=console ; PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=nobody ; ENV=HOME=/usr/local/dropbox ; COMMAND=/usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py status

all but the incorrect password one.  They come right after the dropbox plugin was installed.  Presumably the same location in your logs also? 

I'll have to ponder on this one as nothing immediately comes to mind  :-\

Just an FYI, 0.3 still reports as 0.2

v0.4 now says v0.4.  I'm moving my stuff to github, so will probably revisit each forum thread where I've written a plugin and point to the github location instead.  It'll also allow me to build in a plugin update function similar to Influencers SABnzbd, Sickbeard etc.

Hi,

I have installed this successfully (apparently) but i notice that it in the dropbox share it replicates everything 81 times.

So for example if i sync from my laptop a file it will add it to dropbox but look like this:

Dropbox Data Directory: /mnt/disk1/Dropbox/

Dropbox Database Directory: /mnt/disk1/.dropbox

/mnt/disk1/Dropbox/Dropbox/Dropbox/Dropbox/Dropbox/Dropbox/Dropbox......81 times

Within each dropbox folder my file is there.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sounds like you have a recursive directory.  ie. a directory with a symlink inside to itself.  I vaguely remember having this myself once, but I never did track down the root cause. 

It could probably be troubleshooted given time and motivation, but I'm tempted to just suggest starting over with both Dropbox directories.  I'd probably rename so as to keep a backup and let the plugin create completely fresh entries for /mnt/disk1/Dropbox/ & /mnt/disk1/.dropbox, followed by a fresh link and sync to your Dropbox account.

Are you still seeing this happen?  Just did a cat of my own syslog and I get similar entries

Jan 22 15:26:13 Eddie logger:  file /var/log/plugins/dropbox: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
Jan 22 15:27:12 Eddie sudo:     root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; ENV=HOME=/usr/local/dropbox ; COMMAND=/usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py start
Jan 22 15:28:24 Eddie sudo:     root : TTY=console ; PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=nobody ; ENV=HOME=/usr/local/dropbox ; COMMAND=/usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py status
Jan 23 15:12:08 Eddie sudo:     root : TTY=console ; PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=nobody ; ENV=HOME=/usr/local/dropbox ; COMMAND=/usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py status

all but the incorrect password one.  They come right after the dropbox plugin was installed.  Presumably the same location in your logs also? 

I had to remove the plugin as one wy replication wasn't very useful to me.

To be fair, two way replication does work.  I appreciate you may not want to track down the issue which is fair enough. But it definitely does work.  For me at least.  I hope others also. 

To be fair, two way replication does work.  I appreciate you may not want to track down the issue which is fair enough. But it definitely does work.  For me at least.  I hope others also.

I wasn't meant as a dig, just a reply to your request.  It wasn't working for me regularly.  If I uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin it would start working then it would stop and just one way synching worked.  I couldn't afford that as others were reliant on the files I was creating and saving so I removed the plugin and went back to a workstation based plugin.

I am eternally grateful to plugin and package developers, they make my life easier and more fun, so please don't take my posts as anything but feedback on what I am seeing the plugin do.