Dropbox Plugin for unRAID 5b11+ (updated)

overbyrn, can you provide the files that you hosted on github, so that we can simply point the .plg to a new location? although this is broken for new users, for those of us who have had it running for a long time, a reboot breaks it and i'm hoping a simply url switch will fix it.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

overbyrn, can you provide the files that you hosted on github, so that we can simply point the .plg to a new location? although this is broken for new users, for those of us who have had it running for a long time, a reboot breaks it and i'm hoping a simply url switch will fix it.

yes please

yes please

I'll fix this tomorrow 03/24

Right, well it took a little longer than anticipated.  I've only just commited to github what I think is a stable version for unraid v5. 

Suggest you check out this first;

https://github.com/overbyrn/unraid-v5-plugins/commit/02b2cfead43deb4cc90ab9c969d1377d560166d7

The symlink issue has always been a problem, but for some folks only. Consequently, it's been a pain to fix. I wrote a check for symlinks into the code but for those who didn't have the issue and who had many thousands of files, it caused long delays when entering the Dropbox webpage of the unraid webgui.  So I commented it out.  But the underlying code is still there. 

If you're having symlink issues, try this from putty command line;

/etc/rc.d/rc.dropbox chk4symlinks

May I suggest you first take a backup of a) your dropbox database directory, b) /boot/config/plugins/dropbox directory, c) /boot/config/plugins/dropbox.plg file.

Then grab the version from here;

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/overbyrn/unraid-v5-plugins/master/dropbox.plg

Replace the .plg file you have and installplg to install it. 

@jowi, pm me if you're still having symlink issues. I'll try to help as best I can, but currently off work recovering from hand surgery so I'm not in the best place to do much more than I have already  :-\

@jowi, pm me if you're still having symlink issues. I'll try to help as best I can, but currently off work recovering from hand surgery so I'm not in the best place to do much more than I have already  :-\

It doesn't work 'out of the box' anymore, after installing and starting the plugin, the symlinks are wrong. Even if you add them by hand. It then creates a Dropbox folder in \usr\local which is wrong, and causes the plugin to never finish syncing or creating errors.

I still don't know how, but after 4 or 5 tries of deleting the dropbox folder from \usr\local, re-creating and re-installing the plg etc, it suddenly works... until the next reboot...

It doesn't work 'out of the box' anymore, after installing and starting the plugin, the symlinks are wrong. Even if you add them by hand. It then creates a Dropbox folder in \usr\local which is wrong, and causes the plugin to never finish syncing or creating errors.

I still don't know how, but after 4 or 5 tries of deleting the dropbox folder from \usr\local, re-creating and re-installing the plg etc, it suddenly works... until the next reboot...

Which symlinks are you referring to?  Some background; dropbox expects /usr/local/dropbox to contain both the data and database directories. We obviously don't want this and in very early versions of the plugin, I simply created symlinks to alternative locations so those directories could reside on array or cache etc.  Later, I changed the plugin to create mount binds instead of symlinks.  You should always see /usr/local/dropbox, likewise you should always see /usr/local/dropbox/Dropbox. If you check your mounts, you should see that location is a mount point to your real location. eg. /mnt/cache/apps/mydropboxdata.

Well... all i can say is that it wont work until i create 2 symlinks, .dropbox and Dropbox. The first one points to the dropboxdb folder, and the second one to the dropboxdata, both on my cache drive \mnt\cache\Apps\DropboxDB and DropboxData...

There are multiple pages about this by me and others in this topic, starting at page 10 or so.

Search for "Can't sync (not enough free disk space)".

Probably the mount bind you refer to, doesnt work, it tries to actually place everything on \usr\local...

Well... all i can say is that it wont work until i create 2 symlinks, .dropbox and Dropbox. The first one points to the dropboxdb folder, and the second one to the dropboxdata, both on my cache drive \mnt\cache\Apps\DropboxDB and DropboxData...

There are multiple pages about this by me and others in this topic, starting at page 10 or so.

Search for "Can't sync (not enough free disk space)".

Probably the mount bind you refer to, doesnt work, it tries to actually place everything on \usr\local...

Sorry, I don't know what to tell you.  You shouldn't have to create symlinks and the mount bind should work just fine.

root@unraid5:/boot/config/plugins# mount
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
tmpfs on /var/log type tmpfs (rw,size=128m)
/dev/sda1 on /boot type vfat (rw,noatime,nodiratime,umask=0,shortname=mixed)
/dev/md1 on /mnt/disk1 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime,user_xattr,acl)
/dev/md2 on /mnt/disk2 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime,user_xattr,acl)
shfs on /mnt/user type fuse.shfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,allow_other)
/mnt/disk1/DropboxDB on /usr/local/dropbox/.dropbox type none (rw,bind)
/mnt/disk1/DropboxData on /usr/local/dropbox/Dropbox type none (rw,bind)

Obviously it doesn't for you, but from here I'm not really able to understand why that is.

I had to reboot again, before that i removed the plugin, so i could start from scratch.

This is what happens if i try to install the plugin:

root@UNRAID:/boot/config/plugins# installplg dropbox_overbyrn.plg
installing plugin: dropbox_overbyrn
file /tmp/plugin-prepare: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
  /bin/bash /tmp/plugin-prepare ... success
file /boot/config/plugins/dropbox/dropbox.png: downloading from -q --no-check-certificate https://dl.dropbox.com/u/572553/UnRAID/plugin.images/dropbox.png ... bad download, deleting
root@UNRAID:

Why is that?

I had to reboot again, before that i removed the plugin, so i could start from scratch.

This is what happens if i try to install the plugin:

root@UNRAID:/boot/config/plugins# installplg dropbox_overbyrn.plg
installing plugin: dropbox_overbyrn
file /tmp/plugin-prepare: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
  /bin/bash /tmp/plugin-prepare ... success
file /boot/config/plugins/dropbox/dropbox.png: downloading from -q --no-check-certificate https://dl.dropbox.com/u/572553/UnRAID/plugin.images/dropbox.png ... bad download, deleting
root@UNRAID:

Why is that?

You're using an old unfixed version of the plugin. 

The plugin file name is no longer "dropbox_overbyrn.plg" and hasn't been for a very long time.  Looks like you still have an old version however that is.  Check /boot/config/plugins. No doubt you'll have "dropbox_overbyrn.plg" which is wrong.  You need to replace that one with the one I linked to in my earlier post.  It's definitely the wrong one as your quoted text also shows it's trying to get files from "https://dl.dropbox.com/u/572553/UnRAID/plugin.images" which no longer exists.  I updated the plugin to pull all files from the github repo, thus taking out the dependency on my having to maintain sections of dropbox for unraid also.

Edit: that would also answer why in your earlier post you indicate the mount bind does not work for you and you have to mess about with symlinks.  You're using a version of the plugin without the later mount bind method.  Please replace your plugin with the one in my earlier link and retest.

I took the one from the starting post...

And it worked the day before yesterday?

Could you update the startpost with the correct version? Or add some versionnumber to the plg filename...

When you've confirmed it works, I'll update the original post.  I had intended to step away from plugins which is why I never updated the OP.  Instead, I may create a new thread to consolidate the handful of plugins that I do still have and request these old threads be closed.

I've removed all old plg's :) and used the one from the previous page. Installed it, changed the paths in the plugin page to the ones i use, and started it.

It began to download all files, took some minutes, then upgraded itself, re-downloaded and indexed etc etc... no symlinks, and both mounts are there as you said.

in other words, this works perfectly.

I guess i missed that specific post where you announced there was a new plugin, and that info was not mentioned in the opening post :(

• 2 weeks later...