AD permissions for unraid in an existing Windows Server 2008 R2 AD domain

I'm trying to get AD working with unraid and I'm trying to get familiar with samba but i think my inexperience with it is my problem.

I am attempting to have unraid use my existing Windows Server 2008 R2 AD domain.  I have unraid joined to the domain successfully.  I am not able to configure shares for AD user groups permissions within unraid successfully though.

I am looking for any help and direction someone can provide.  Is this not an unraid issue but a slackware-2-AD configuration quesiton?

Thanks.

I've been chasing the AD pipe-dream for several weeks now, and to the best of my ability to tell, AD support in UnRaid is the next best thing to useless. I upgraded specifically for AD rights management, but in the end, I've had to drop back to simple Workgroup mode to get things functional again.

I really hope someone has some good answers for you, but at this point I'm giving up on AD until LimeTech can get it right.

Yep.  AD integration and use of permissions within unraid would greatly increase the utility of unraid; at least for those of us running AD on our network. 

I'm not yet convinced the issue is with unraid. I'm currently focusing on understanding SAMBA and testing various settings within unraid.