mlDoneky? Is Possible?

Coque

Hello.

Currently i'm using Transmission to download torrents in my unRAID server, but i would like download files through ed2k protocol.

Searching internet i have found a multi client light-weight app, called mlDonkey.

How can i make a pkg to unmenu to install in my server? Is there any way to install in my unRAID machine?

Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

To be honest, if you really want it than grab the slackbuild script provided here: http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.37/network/mldonkey/ and the source from the mldonkey website.

Compile it into a Slackware package on a Slackware based dev system (no need for a full Slackware install, systems like Salix are also okay) and than try if it works on your unraid machine via installpkg. Sometimes you have to change something regarding the location of the config files etc. via the go file, but you will see that soon enough.

Sorry that i cant give you a complete package, but for me eDonkey is the maximum of insecurity. But you obviously only use it for downloading the latest Linux Images  ;)

In theory, yes.

But compiling software directly on unRaid is a pain, because you have to install all the necessary developement packages which are not included in unraid via unmenu or the commandline and bloat your system with it.

I would really consider setting up a VM with Salix, building the package in there, and then transferring it to unRaid.

From my pov mch easier.

OK, so I have compiled mldonkey on Salix as suggested by darkside40 and it seems to work on Salix (localhost:4080).

So I tried to install on unRAID and when I start it "mlnet" I get the following:

mlnet: error while loading shared libraries: libgd.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Where can I get this library and how do I now if there are more dependencies?

OK, so I have compiled mldonkey on Salix as suggested by darkside40 and it seems to work on Salix (localhost:4080).

So I tried to install on unRAID and when I start it "mlnet" I get the following:

mlnet: error while loading shared libraries: libgd.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Where can I get this library and how do I now if there are more dependencies?

PS.

This is the first time I have installed any Linux distribution (other than unRAID) and of course never compiled a package ever.

To get the info which Lib's are requiered by mldonkey you just have to type

ldd mldonkey

after it is installed. Than you get a list of the required libs.

That package here should it be http://search.slackware.eu/cgi-bin/package.cgi/view/slackware-current/slackware/l/gd-2.0.35-i486-4.txz

If the OP is thinking about making a plugin he'd be better off using this link (http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware-13.37/slackware/l/gd-2.0.35-i486-4.txz) because the version in the slackware-current could change at any time.

• 4 months later...

I've got this up and running as of today.  Install the mldonkey-3.1.3 package from earlier in the thread.  In addition, I had to install the following packages:

gd-2.0.35-i486-4.txz

fontconfig-2.9.0-i486-1.txz

libmagic-4.17_4-i486-1as.tgz

(I'm sure you can search the web to find these slackware packages).

By default mldonkey tries to install to /root.  To workaround this you have to set an environment variable MLDONKEY_DIR.  I put mine in my cache directory:

MLDONKEY_DIR=/mnt/cache/.mldonkey
export MLDONKEY_DIR

After that, you can start the mldonkey daemon using:

mlnet > /dev/null 2>&1 &

and access the web server with:

http://tower:4080

That's as much as I've done thus far...

Thank you!

I installed this package, but mlnet isnt starting

mlnet: error while loading shared libraries: libXpm.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

ldd mlnet giv this output:

linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xb7714000)

libz.so.1 => /usr/lib/libz.so.1 (0xb76fa000)

libbz2.so.1 => /lib/libbz2.so.1 (0xb76e9000)

libgd.so.2 => /usr/lib/libgd.so.2 (0xb76a8000)

libXpm.so.4 => not found

libX11.so.6 => not found

libjpeg.so.8 => not found

libfontconfig.so.1 => /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1 (0xb7672000)

libfreetype.so.6 => not found

libpng14.so.14 => not found

libmagic.so.1 => /usr/lib/libmagic.so.1 (0xb7663000)

libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0xb763d000)

libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0xb7639000)

libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0xb7549000)

libgcc_s.so.1 => /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xb753e000)

libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0xb7525000)

libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0xb73c1000)

libXpm.so.4 => not found

libX11.so.6 => not found

libjpeg.so.8 => not found

libpng14.so.14 => not found

libexpat.so.1 => /usr/lib/libexpat.so.1 (0xb73a0000)

/lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7715000)

Should i install this other libs?

MHO mlnet dont need an Xserver, or?

CU

Cableboy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I installed the package mldonkey following the instructions of botez three posts above, and the program will start immediately. The only thing that should be done before starting the mlnet edit

\\Tower\cache\.Mldonkey\downloads.ini

line for allowed IP range, for me

allowed_ips = ["127.0.0.1";"192.168.1.0-192.168.1.255";]

mldonkey1.jpg.9df6f71ca76868a7665ccb2ad4d1440f.jpg

mldonkey2.jpg.1fdace68769b1908d143635a7501f98b.jpg

• 4 years later...

Hi all,

I know this is thread necromancy, but I'm interested in getting mldonkey to work on my unraid server (ideally in a container). Has anything new been made available since? the package listed in this  thread is not available anymore :( ... and compiling source code is way beyond me.

I tried the amule docker, but even though it connects (on the right non-default ports, gets high id, etc.), it constantly disconnects on its own after a few minutes and Kademlia support does not seem to be doing any of its job.

My ideal app would support both bittorrent and ed2K networks, and mldonkey seems to fit the bill.

Thanks in advance for your answers!