Logitech Media Server - updated plugin, now supports upgrades

Superb job on the plugin. Just one question, I am trying to set the installation directory to /mnt/cache/plugins/LMS or something of the sort.

I have set the folder to be cache only. But when I try to install I get an pid not created error on web ui and on the display connected to the server i see messages that say /mnt/cache/plugins/LMS/revision.txt no such file or directory. I presumed it would be better to have the plugin installed on the cache drive rather than on the array. Not sure if there is any advantage or disadvantage though!

Installing to one of the array disks works just fine.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to get LMS installed on a fresh install of 6 beta 12.  I've never installed a plugin before, and have found this to be very confusing.  After searching around quite a bit, and just examining files on the system I found a lms.cfg file that is a text file where I can set some parameters and then installed it with the install directory being one of my shares.  It won't run though, seems the perl version installed on the system is 32-bit, and it just won't execute. 

So did this lms plugin install perl?  Is it responsible for installing the wrong version?  Or did unRAID come with the wrong one?  Has anyone installed this plugin on unRAID 6 successfully?  And if so, what are all the changes you have to make and which files do you alter to get it to work?  I'm using overbyrn's plugin, and installed via the gui using his url. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Superb job on the plugin. Just one question, I am trying to set the installation directory to /mnt/cache/plugins/LMS or something of the sort.

I have set the folder to be cache only. But when I try to install I get an pid not created error on web ui and on the display connected to the server i see messages that say /mnt/cache/plugins/LMS/revision.txt no such file or directory. I presumed it would be better to have the plugin installed on the cache drive rather than on the array. Not sure if there is any advantage or disadvantage though!

Installing to one of the array disks works just fine.

I realize this thread is a bit old, but I recently encountered this issue.

The problem is that when you copy the ./lms dir from /mnt/disk1 to /mnt/cache the permissions are not preserved. The issue was corrected by:

chown -R nobody /mnt/cache/lms

chgrp -R users /mnt/cache/lms

Tim

The problem is that when you copy the ./lms dir from /mnt/disk1 to /mnt/cache the permissions are not preserved.

I would guess that this depends on how you perform the copy.

Correct. Not performing the copy correctly yields the pid error. Given that the involved scenarios generally include moving the lms directory "...when I move it back it works fine", "I just reinstalled..." it is probably likely this is the cause.

Could there be other causes? I'm sure. Has anybody discovered a different cause?

Tim

Hi,

I just upgraded my system from 4.7 to 5.0.6.  I installed the lms.plg in the flash\config\plugins.  The first time I rebooted, I could go to settings, lms, and enable the lms service.  Now, when I do this, nothing happens.  That is, I click the apply button with enable lms service as "yes" and nothing happens.

Any idea on what I have to do?

Thank you.