Problems with PCIe SATA controller throughput

I recently purchased the SYBA SY-PEX40048 x4 PCIe 4-port SATA II controller.  It is based on the Marvell 88SX7042 chipset.  This is basically the same card as the Rosewill RC-218 from a chipset and layout standpoint.  Both have been reported as working with unRAID via the SATA_MV Linux driver.

I am running unRAID v5 beta 14.  My MB is the Biostar TH61-ITX which has one x16 PCIe slot in which the controller is installed.  This is the only expansion slot on this mini-ITX MB.

The problem is that I get write speeds of 60 MB/s through the MB SATA ports and 6-8 MB/s to drives connected to this PCIe controller.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to enter a BIOS configuration for this card on boot up.  I have no idea if it running a RAID BIOS or non-RAID bios.  There is no BIOS available for download on the SYBA or Marvell web sites.  The driver CD contains only windows drivers for this card.  The "manual" that came with the card is somewhat less than useless.  Biostar has not responded at all to multiple inquires regarding whether or not this card is supported in the PCIe slot (some mini-ITX boards only support a video card in their one expansion slot).  In the SYBA forums they suggested I download a Silicon Image SiI3124 non-RAID BIOS.  I had to point out to them that this card uses a Marvell chipset.

Any ideas?